Balance changes to game

Kubik

Balancing the game  

280 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like us to do some balance changes before the release/wipe?

2. 2. Where you prefere discusion about the proposed values to be

5 minutes ago, Kubik said:

:thinking: where did you get the game?

if you would get it from this official link you would know

Maybe one stops reading after the download link 

Edited by LEBOVIN

19 hours ago, Deldrimor said:

@wanky Kubik is very neutral.

We cant take the 5-10 speedrunners of this game into balancing

1. Kubuk isnt neutral. Is is one of the guys votet for balancing and also writh things like this all time

2. yes there are only 8-12 speedrunners out there, but the u need to watch at the PVE only players. There u see PVE is mutch bigger. 

Nerfing a card also means new players have it mutch harder to do PVE maps. They know maby 3mortars can defend a wall at GoL for 7mins. then mortar get nerft and they loosing games. Everybody know that only a few people will read card changes. 

Question about the green netherwarp, what is broken in PVP with that warp? it dont feel that OP in PVE.

We still need to test a possibility of card changes, so if there are possible bugs caused by a principle of card change implementation, they won't be presented in future releases. Although i doubt that a change in, let's say assume, an abstract .xml file (presumably just a number) will be game breaking and/or cause bugs, but changing some abilities' idea completely will actually cause it. Also this might help fixing already existing bugs, aka rezorshards' knockback delay, for example.
IMO, right now we are talking about some simple number tweaking here and there to get a grasp on how the game will react.
I personally think, no changes - as some people seem want it to be - inhibit, because game will STAY stale (it already is stale in terms of balance anyway). How to balance, and who might be in charge of it: big question, to be answered later in future.

On 7/25/2019 at 7:03 PM, Pritstift said:

I really dont understand the discussion about soultree and amii-monument. I have the same opinion like Lebo has.

What about other maps? It is ok for guns of lyr just to finish the 2 main camps and trigger the final attack wave? So we skip all the mechanics with Kobold-Techniki. It is ok for KOTG to change the way of Rogan and Jorne? Is it ok for Sunbridge to switch the gate every 30 seconds and therefore avoid big incoming? Is is ok for crusade to change the way of the magma hurlers? Is it ok for a alot of maps to block the income so that no new income will spawn? I dont see a big difference to soultree - for soultree we just use Amii to speed it up.

No, It's not ok and should be fixed somehow. It's not good design of RTS game when you can just skip 90% of map mechanics.
Especially for Sunbridge, it's completely awful.
Crusade feature isnt so bad as others in this list.
I hoped for all this months that devs would fix these problems later.Later after all necessary work, like bugs, interface improvements and balance fixes.
But this thread isnt good place to discuss maps changes.

On 7/25/2019 at 6:55 PM, LEBOVIN said:

Yes. But I don’t request to introduce any card

We are going circles here, Loriens should know best that the difficult part and all the action takes place before u reach that point of the game in soultree where you build the amii. It pretty much only saves you clearing one annoying „rpve like camp“ you would need to build an attack force for otherwise

Yeah, isntead of killing one camp you should annoyingly manage your energy, builduings and orbs. That's very cool!(NO)

On 7/25/2019 at 3:33 PM, LEBOVIN said:

Battleforge did not shut down immediately after release of Amii and back in the days already people found that mechanic and EA did not do anything about it. 

So they kinda approved it (probably you can find discussions about it in the old forum).

So they kinda approved....for example, absolutely unacceptable balance of t2-t3 twilight units?=)
MB that's just because some parts of their team wasn't that good as other parts?

On 7/25/2019 at 8:04 PM, Cocofang said:

You could make the same argument for Enlighten, a card that was in the game since the beginning. It allowed you to skip LOADS of hurdles on multiple maps.

And everyone of us knows that this card completely destroy idea of mono decks.
This card is best example of bad design decision of old team.
Idea isnt that bad, but realisation is awful - this one card affects for whole game more than any other.
And also it's not real card like others(spells, buildings, units) - it's additional game mechanic.

Edited by Loriens
MrDanilov likes this

On 7/25/2019 at 8:48 PM, Halis said:

Every day some new players from old EA Battleforge join Skylords Reborn. Would be nice, if we could tell them "The game mechanics are still the same"

Friend, it's okay when you return in your old game with some new patches.
For example I returned 2 times in Starcraft 2 - and Blizzard even removed some units while I was inactive. Some of their balance changes was huge, but I never saw someone who left the game for this reason. It's even better for the game to have fresh blood in balance and tactic.

3 hours ago, wanky said:

Nerfing a card also means new players have it mutch harder to do PVE maps. They know maby 3mortars can defend a wall at GoL for 7mins. then mortar get nerft and they loosing games. Everybody know that only a few people will read card changes. 

Question about the green netherwarp, what is broken in PVP with that warp? it dont feel that OP in PVE.

Main idea of RTS is to find out winning strategy and improve it. So new players will just try to invent strategy, like it always was in any RTS.
And it's funniest part of all RTS game, much better than microcontroll)
Green nether warp gives constant heal, so Shadow Mage spam+Green Nether warp is really overpowered against Pure Nature and too good against some other decks.

Edited by Loriens
MrDanilov likes this

i will not talk about anything u writet about loriens. most of this thin i can not agree.

Green nether warp gives constant heal? not in pve (most times i use it in RPVE) maby this is a bug then in PVP mode.

18 minutes ago, wanky said:

Green nether warp gives constant heal? not in pve (most times i use it in RPVE) maby this is a bug then in PVP mode.

if you cast the starting and end point of netherwarp very close to each other, the healing of netherwarp is massively increased - which obviously plays very well into Shadow mage mechanics.

14 hours ago, wanky said:

Another reason why we should nerf those cards BEFORE the release. So less people get used to those tricks.

Besides when certain cards are nerfed, then the prices of those cards also fall. Therefore it will be easier for beginners to obtain those cards. And when those cards are very good in certain situations now, they will still be usefull in those situations after a small nerf.

17 hours ago, LEBOVIN said:

Well cause retreating circle only teleports to active tokens and since the amii does not exist on the map as token (these are orbs that are placed on the map in map editor) it doesn’t work. On soultree it looks for active spheres and amii provides one, so it counts.

both not bugged 

Retreating Circle: "Creats a Portal that teleports friendly units in a 15m radius back to the nearest Monument of their owner"

Mission for Soultree: "x/5 Monuments needed to banish Viridya have been claimed."

Both of those situations need a Monument. There's nothing written about any spheres. So when Amii-Munument doesn't count as a Monument, just as a sphere (as it obviously is in Retreating Circle), then Soultree shouldn't count it as a Monument either.

MrDanilov likes this

3 hours ago, Chibiterasu said:

Another reason why we should nerf those cards BEFORE the release. So less people get used to those tricks.

Besides when certain cards are nerfed, then the prices of those cards also fall. Therefore it will be easier for beginners to obtain those cards. And when those cards are very good in certain situations now, they will still be usefull in those situations after a small nerf.

Retreating Circle: "Creats a Portal that teleports friendly units in a 15m radius back to the nearest Monument of their owner"

Mission for Soultree: "x/5 Monuments needed to banish Viridya have been claimed."

Both of those situations need a Monument. There's nothing written about any spheres. So when Amii-Munument doesn't count as a Monument, just as a sphere (as it obviously is in Retreating Circle), then Soultree shouldn't count it as a Monument either.

monument is the display text ingame.... sphere and token are the developers terms

Pritstift and wanky like this

15 hours ago, Loriens said:

No, It's not ok and should be fixed somehow. It's not good design of RTS game when you can just skip 90% of map mechanics.
Especially for Sunbridge, it's completely awful.
Crusade feature isnt so bad as others in this list.
I hoped for all this months that devs would fix these problems later.Later after all necessary work, like bugs, interface improvements and balance fixes.
But this thread isnt good place to discuss maps changes.

Yeah, isntead of killing one camp you should annoyingly manage your energy, builduings and orbs. That's very cool!(NO)

So they kinda approved....for example, absolutely unacceptable balance of t2-t3 twilight units?=)
MB that's just because some parts of their team wasn't that good as other parts?

And everyone of us knows that this card completely destroy idea of mono decks.
This card is best example of bad design decision of old team.
Idea isnt that bad, but realisation is awful - this one card affects for whole game more than any other.
And also it's not real card like others(spells, buildings, units) - it's additional game mechanic.

Amii and Enlighten are examples for rule-bending cards. It's what they are supposed to do. You can of course disagree with the design but they are still working as intended.

Also, straining the games mechanics is what speedrunning is literally all about. Learning patterns, exploiting them, manipulating them. Finding and min-maxing the most optimal solution that trumps all others. That is an integral part of the process that you are arguing against for nothing but the pipe dream of a "balanced" game operating on absolute commandments.

As a side-point; I'd argue that mono-decks are suboptimal because of the fact that pure T4 is so lacking that mixing it up will almost always be straight up better. Are there even any mono-T4s in the game worth having without the support of differently colored cards? Green Forest Elder maybe but that's because Nature itself is such a powerful all-rounder.

Pritstift and wanky like this

To the bug reporting thing:

At first the whole thing is just to complicated (giant overcomplicated template, multiple forums, 1000s of bug reports and so on) and when the open stress test began there were already over 1000 bug reports from closed beta testers that just appeared at once for non closed beta testesters. So, especially at the beginning it was hard to tell (for non closed beta testers) if a bug was already reported or not while the reactions of the staff were sometimes totally unfriendlay to already reported bugs or there were even no reaction at all (did they read, will they do anything, is this report even appreciated?). Also the reactions I have seen to bug reports that didnt use the template were unfriendly, too.

Thats why I thought: fuck it, there are others who will report the same bug, let them have the hassle with that overcomplicated template, searching the forum and the reactions of the staff.

But sometimes I just felt, maybe its a not so common bug or its a new bug, so I just wrote a little bit on discord about it and got sometimes also a bad (aggressive looking) answer by the staff about why I am not writeing in the forum? No this reaction didnt made me to write in the forum because of some of the mentioned reasons and I even thought: fuck it, next time i think twice about even reporting on discord. This happend some times and every time my interest in reporting in any way got lower, especially because the game looks very stable for me now.

Yeah thats critisism on the staff and how bug reports were handled, especially at the begin of the open stress test. I know you might have another opinion or another point of view but I am not interested in discussing this further, just take it as my (bad) experience and do with it what you want.

Another reason for not reporting bugs is that most of the bugs I encountered were common bugs where I thought I couldnt provide that much of new information, because most of them just appeared of a sudden and werent possible to reproduce. Most of them also appered while interacting or playing with other people, so maybe they did something (while I did something?) so that its impossible to reproduce without knowing what the other person did. So I just could say, hey I had that bug, but really dont have a clue why and it often didnt happen again for a while.

Other people might have other reasons for not reporting or are just lazy.

And to the message with the bug reporting. I have seen that message but if it only apeared while a specific bug happend, I just didnt recognize that bug at all, just the message.

And that discord has its own bug report section is completely new to me, I even had to check if it is really there after I have read it in this thread. Especially because of the reactions of the stuff I thought there wont be a simple way to report a bug. The section is  new, isnt it?

To the balancing thing:

PvP: should be the main aspect for balancing (until T3) because its most important here.

PvE: should only be balanced in a way so that unused cards get also used. Further than that there shouldnt be much balancing, because its not necessary that the cards are all competitive to each other. Thats not how PvE works.

Speedrunners: I wonder why they are even mentioned that much? You shouldnt care about them at all, because speedrunning is playing PvE in a (usually abusive) way to achieve lowest times. So if balancing for PvE doesnt matter that much why should it even matter for speedrunning? Especially because speedrunning is about abusing unabalanced cards. So balancing speedrunning would mean to remove that unabalance in some cards, speedrunners are using, and not to keep this unbalance in some cards. Also this would be more of a PvE and PvP balancing than a Speedrunning balance.

Even if they are affected by balance changes there is really no reason to consider especially speedrunning while balancing cards. A good speedrunner should also be good with changed cards, also this could lead to new challenges to them.

Edited by Kilian Dermoth
DarcReaver and MephistoRoss like this

29 minutes ago, Kilian Dermoth said:

when the open stress test began there were already over 1000 bug reports from closed beta testers that just appeared at once for non closed beta testesters

What you takling about here? As far as I know only 2 bugs were there at that time, and are still there, everything else was fixed.

32 minutes ago, Kilian Dermoth said:

if a bug was already reported or not while the reactions of the staff were sometimes totally unfriendlay

Was any of these reactions mine? I know one person in the team posting very unfriendly things, but most of time to people where I chose to not answer at all because my reaction would be even worse. And I did not speak to him about it, because I do not feel confident my english is good enough to explain it corectly, and as I said most of them deserve it.

"the template" existed long before I know about this project, and most of the fields are useless for many bugs, but on the other hand before it was blocked people was posting text with insane colors and fonts. So it would be fighting for lesser evil :( feel free to create a proposal how the template should look like, and I may support it, if it will be better.

40 minutes ago, Kilian Dermoth said:

answer by the staff about why I am not writeing in the forum?

there was times when I open discord and seen 1000+ messages, so I just skip them, reason to report it on the forum is that it can not get hidden by 1000+ messages after it, it really depend on the bug and person who seen that message. Some people post same thing in 5 channels, some post it only in "general-talk" when when someone else discussing something completely unrelated here, I do not know which is worse :(

46 minutes ago, Kilian Dermoth said:

Another reason for not reporting bugs is that most of the bugs I encountered were common bugs where I thought I couldnt provide that much of new information

Problem with that is that on discord I seen "common bug" too many times and people saying it most of time did not even bother to answer me when I ping them, or send them direct message about it, so for players it was common, and I did not know about it.

48 minutes ago, Kilian Dermoth said:

so maybe they did something (while I did something?) so that its impossible to reproduce without knowing what the other person did

this is the important part "impossible to reproduce" recent example:

after this post it was just few minutes to reproduce and fix the bug. and if the bug would be reported week and half sooner I could have figure it out instantly, even from the first post, that was useless by the way because it came over a week after the update, so I did not search the update too specifically for that case, because sendin whisper as last message is so common, someone would notice that sooner, but they did not report it.

55 minutes ago, Kilian Dermoth said:

And to the message with the bug reporting. I have seen that message but if it only apeared while a specific bug happend, I just didnt recognize that bug at all, just the message.

It was really simple to say what was the last action you did from player point of view before you get that message. (Creating action, buying booster, trading, opening booster, opening mail, ...), I can see who get these messages in server logs, I tried to contact some of these players, but not even single answer. There was too many people with that bug, I was trying messages on the forum, pinging on discord, even in game mail :(

59 minutes ago, Kilian Dermoth said:

And that discord has its own bug report section is completely new to me, I even had to check if it is really there after I have read it in this thread. Especially because of the reactions of the stuff I thought there wont be a simple way to report a bug. The section is  new, isnt it?

yes, from 01.07.2019, but I was asking for it few more months, because as said above people was posting bugs there all the time, and no one know how many of them no one seen, because it is impossible to keep track of all messages on discord.

1 hour ago, Kilian Dermoth said:

Speedrunners: I wonder why they are even mentioned that much?

My theory is they are biggest part of active community right now, because PvP players mostly say they will not start until wipe...

Even if they are affected by balance changes there is really no reason to consider especially speedrunning while balancing cards.

Any change technically invalidate leaderboards, and speedrunners like leaderboards, and if it is impossible to get first place anymore they do not like it. Times achieved before the change may be unbeatable after the change. So I think it is important they see the changes in advance (as everyone else) and can put reasoning what will that change affect, that may be totally unexpected for everyone else.

A good speedrunner should also be good with changed cards, also this could lead to new challenges to them. 

Agreed :)

i think main reason for us is that it is impossible to reproduce every single strat on every singel map every month a card change happend and the old alltimes not count as the best time cause a card change happend. some of the "bugs" some guys talking about are just game mechanism they dont understand how it works. This is just my view. 

btw. Old Alltimerecords can not count. just a example. Bloodhorn did with stampede a missiv load of dmg. with this dmg u where able to kill some endbosses just by using the abilety. this speedruns where way faster then now. so if u balance any card we use in a speedrun they will not count anymore as the fastest time. it is just a old alltime record that do not count. 

at least i think many players dont like speedrunnners because they can farm all the stuff easy mutch more faster then everyone eles. but hey, sometimes we play 1 week every night 3-5h the same map to get a new alltime record. sometimes in one night we finisch 1-2 runs. sometimes 20-30. this is how speedrunning works. 

Dont know if we are talking about the same message. Mine apperead mid game and asked for reporting if bugs appear. I have seen that message but didnt experience any bug.

Also if you contacted me, then I just didnt recognize it.

Btw. I think that rPvE and normal PvE players are the biggest part or I am wrong? Because rPvE != PvE != speedrun.

at least i think many players dont like speedrunnners because they can farm all the stuff easy mutch more faster then everyone eles.

Wrong. I dont care about that. There are 3 main reasons why I dont like speedrunners:

1. Playing with speedrunners (non single player maps) means like playing with people who abuse the game mechanics in such a way that it feels like cheating. You may like such a playstyle, like other speedrunners (had to laugh many times about the amii monument and soul tree discussion because its just to obvisious that the speedrunners want to protect their "cheaty" game mechanics as much as possible). I dont like that "cheaty"-playstyle. If you play with such a guy he will even force you to play his shitty "cheaty" game, too. It became nearly impossible to play guns of lyr without skipping the most part of the map. They even insult you if you play "normal" instead in the way they want, I just recall some games with Lebovin for example...

2. They are way to conceited for knowing their "cheaty" game mechanics and think they are better than other players and show their behaviour every single time you read something, one of them is saying.

3. They seem to care less about others, they want only their pervert way of playing this game to be protected as much as possible.

they dont understand how it works.

Wrong again and a perfect prove for the 2. point. I for sure know many of this tactics and sometimes I use them too, but usually I dont force anyone and often I prefer to play without using them. For example the amii monument soul tree bug was the first thing I tested when I had amii monument for the first time (at ea times) without being told about it from someone else. First I thought it cant be that EA overlooked this, but they really did...

Btw. I think that changing cards on game mod is a really bad idea. This would lead to very much confusion especially for new players but not exclusively to them. It might work for people who will play only one mode and talk exlusively to people who play only this mode. But if people start to play different modes or talk with people who play different modes they would rarely talk about the same thing. Extra text on cards wont fix that, too.

Edited by Kilian Dermoth

some messages may been on unexpected times for players, because the bug they seen was caused by something that happen much earlier, and I was able to track the bug to earlier point, but not able to track from where it come there, so I put message to that place, trough the time there was multiple messages that ask players for reports, for example:
"Server register you in lobby, please report a bug, about how you get to PostgameStatistics please"
"Not enough gold. Required: XXX, but you have only: YYY"

I can not find more of them in history right now.

So next time you see message asking you to report something, please report it no mater how common, or unimportant it will look to you.

wanky likes this

On guns or lyr the „cheaty“ way as u call it has become standard. The other player‘s decks are therefore not ready for a quest following playstyle. 

So if one person now does not communicate their intention to play a different style in Lobby already the others cannot cope with the different incomes etc . 

But guns is pretty much the only map where that is the case I think, all others have no real „meta“

Edited by LEBOVIN

2 hours ago, Kilian Dermoth said:

There are 3 main reasons why I dont like speedrunners:

1. Playing with speedrunners (non single player maps) means like playing with people who abuse the game mechanics in such a way that it feels like cheating. You may like such a playstyle, like other speedrunners (had to laugh many times about the amii monument and soul tree discussion because its just to obvisious that the speedrunners want to protect their "cheaty" game mechanics as much as possible). I dont like that "cheaty"-playstyle. If you play with such a guy he will even force you to play his shitty "cheaty" game, too. It became nearly impossible to play guns of lyr without skipping the most part of the map. They even insult you if you play "normal" instead in the way they want, I just recall some games with Lebovin for example...

2. They are way to conceited for knowing their "cheaty" game mechanics and think they are better than other players and show their behaviour every single time you read something, one of them is saying.

3. They seem to care less about others, they want only their pervert way of playing this game to be protected as much as possible.

1. I am not agree. most speedrunsers do not even play casual game with randoms. For me i can say, yes i play with randoms a lot. Most of the time with New players or players who joined on discord (ye i am on the skylords discord if i play without my team most of the time)

by playing with new players i follow the quest, most of the times with my PVE deck that work for every PVE map (classic stonekingdeck with natur t1) I help them as mutch is possible and give them tipps how the game work, what they can change to have a better playtime.

If i go for a speedruntactic, i ask before ingame chat. example in dwarren riddle. there i ask if its ok to stay at wall and deffend the wall only staying t1. if they not aggre with that i also play the map casual, but most of the people lick to finisch a map fast.

In guns of lyr it is diffrent: nobody play the questpath. i also like the map playing casual. and if i try to i cant find guys who want to do the same. and if i do most people fail, but i dont feel anger about them.  i think 95% or more of the guys who play GoL just want to goldfarm, that means play the skipping way

2. in my view speedrunners play better, also without "cheaty". u wont find any player who playd a map more then speedrunners. We tried almost everything to improf the time.- This also means we know every singel part of the map. U can ask a speedrunnner what units are in t2 camp on almost every PVE campain game and he just know it. This means speedrunner actually know whats needet to get what is needet (also in playing casual). In my view this make speedrunners to better players. 

3. As i tolt in point 1 NO! its easy to say this for u if u join GoL and want to play casual there if the 3 other guys want to play the skipping way. in other maps u wont have this trouble. and if there a speedrunnner in your team. and he want go for a speedrun tractic (most on maps everyone knows the tactic aswell) he is going to ask if this is ok. if u not agree ask for play casual or leave the group and open your own game then.

many speedrunners help players who have troble with PVE games. help them with tactic improuvements or help them to creat a deck for a CPVE. Example from myself: snoopy moo asket ingamechat for help doing Blight on Standart, i whisper him i will help him. He joined discord after i asket him. after this i ask him how i can help him, and we talk about the map for 5-6min. he showed the deck to mee and i tolt him what is usless for the map and what can be better. some of the cards that would help him for finish the map he dont even had, so we made Trade and i give him the cards for free (shur i know i dont need them anyway but at least i could sell them to buy the last missing cards or promos) after that we playd the map and i give him intstructions how to play the way he go. End of the story: we finish the map easely and he was rly happy about this. after that we also mad Ravens end and we also have each other in the friendlist. We still play game togeter where i play casual. And if we go for a speedrun, most of the times he asket for doing this. (maby u saw him on leaderbords this month) 

Why i say this? just to show u that speedrunners are not that what u are think they are, just because u had 1 bad story in GoL with a speedrunner. I am pretty shure u playd a lot more games with speedrunners u didnt even notice as a speedrunner cause they where playing casual. 

BTW: in RPVE is no "cheaty" way to finish the map by skyping parts. but if u lock at the leaderbords also there are the CPVE Speedrunners on top of leaderbords. maby u get what i try to talk about.

ps: hope everyone can read my bad english :D

Loriens and LEBOVIN like this

Ok guys, random PvP player tuning in, trying to focus on balance changes :D.

Most of the discussion I read here (and I didn't read all of it) is about speedrunning and I'm gonna say right here, that I have no Idea about that kind of stuff. But I do think, that thinks got kinda personal and I think we should not discuss if speedrunners are the better players or not in this thread. This one is about balance, remember? As a PvP player, for me the biggest balanceproblem is the fact that the two best (fire / shadow) t1s are so much stronger than the other t1s (nature / frost) that barely anybody tries to make nature or frost work in high level play. As Deldimor has accuratly pointed out, this restricts deckbuilding a lot and forces the same matchups all the time. I don't know what impact balance changes on the t1 would have for speedrunners (mortar and phase are the obvious choices, when it comes to nerfs. Buffing is a lot harder but also worth a thought), but I think the speedrunners will understand the frustration of non-meta-pvpers when they get matched up against the meta decks over and over and start on their backfood because of matchup / map disadvantage. The only thing,  in my opinion, that can fix this situation is balance changes and I would love to see them rather sooner than later, because they could bring back life in a dieing pvp scene.

Loriens likes this

5 hours ago, Kilian Dermoth said:

Dont know if we are talking about the same message. Mine apperead mid game and asked for reporting if bugs appear. I have seen that message but didnt experience any bug.

Also if you contacted me, then I just didnt recognize it.

Btw. I think that rPvE and normal PvE players are the biggest part or I am wrong? Because rPvE != PvE != speedrun.

Wrong. I dont care about that. There are 3 main reasons why I dont like speedrunners:

Wrong again and a perfect prove for the 2. point. I for sure know many of this tactics and sometimes I use them too, but usually I dont force anyone and often I prefer to play without using them. For example the amii monument soul tree bug was the first thing I tested when I had amii monument for the first time (at ea times) without being told about it from someone else. First I thought it cant be that EA overlooked this, but they really did...

Btw. I think that changing cards on game mod is a really bad idea. This would lead to very much confusion especially for new players but not exclusively to them. It might work for people who will play only one mode and talk exlusively to people who play only this mode. But if people start to play different modes or talk with people who play different modes they would rarely talk about the same thing. Extra text on cards wont fix that, too.

It's probably just me but, back when ammi monument wasn't around , i loved the challange of maps and the unity it brough from player using every means of their OWN deck to bring something powerfull to the table  after amii,mo,wheel. it becomes who rushes to those deck first, bring it out and yells " I GOT YOU GUYS, ILL AFK NOW, enjoy the power of my global effect]..[3 wheels for 3 effect, we see here has only 2 effect] Those card are what ruin it for me, after that we all fought who gets to put those card down [beside wheel, which whoever puts it down wins]...

I preffered the aspect of having fun and having a challange with a none global deck but that is just me. [after the game got stale and probably close to shut down, many player made those custome map and still rushed for those above cards].. it was just like playing a yugioh top deck or a magic gathering top deck, nothing else mattered.

Thats my take on it.

Loriens likes this

@wanky Nice written, really, but it doesnt represent the truth.

But I think, I never played with you or just cant remember so that it might be true for you and how you act but sure not for the speedrunner community!

I already played more than once with speedrunners (it looks again conceited that you accuse my experience is based only on one game) and there was never talk about speedrunning upfront, because this way I would leave or would say that I am fine with it. And if I say never, I mean never! The talk (usually with insults, threats or by leaveing) came always mid game when I didnt play that cheese. And I bet I am not the only one who experienced this more than once!

@Dion my experience is similar. But I use global effect buildings, too. Void manipulation only if its needed for my deck (spell casting) or to make it easier for the other players (especially new ones on expert maps). Funny is that there are even players who get enraged if you build such buildings yourself and want to make you to destroy them so that they can go almost afk and feel helpful.

23 minutes ago, Kilian Dermoth said:

@Dion my experience is similar. But I use global effect buildings, too. Void manipulation only if its needed for my deck (spell casting) or to make it easier for the other players (especially new ones on expert maps). Funny is that there are even players who get enraged if you build such buildings yourself and want to make you to destroy them so that they can go almost afk and feel helpful.

I right now using amii if i get my hand on global effect ill use them unless they nerf it.. in battle forge years ago everyone had it because it was essencial and easy.. but as well there were those regenade to stop player from using it. specific designed deck that soon those player got banned for grieving... or griefing? whatever spelled.

basically you would build these type of deck that help world wide effect to help everyone else. and these player would build the nexus portal with soul shatter i think it was? anything that has friendly unit blow up and they would blow up your amii or any global effect card you have... The majority hybrid for nexus portal though. great great damage ^,^...

Since i think there might never be a balance for those card or obsolete i will use them myself.. i still wonder what would be the policy of what happen years ago in here... is grieving/griefing allow? XD?

Lmao, overcomplicated bug report template. Haven't heard this one, ever.

Yea, let's just post one sentence in the bug report and leave it up to devs to figure out what the fuck I've meant with it, in the end they're working on it so they must be able to figure it out, out of thin air.

• Zyna unpinned this topic