2 - Stuttering on Insane God

Flrbb

NAME: Stuttering at Insane God (that two player map at the branch where also the 12 player maps are located)

SEVERITY: 2, probably

LOCATION: Only (but everytime) when I do play the map Insane God

REPRODUCIBILITY: every time

DESCRIPTION: When playing Insane God the game stutters. Not like lag. The indicator on the right side of the game interface shows a low ping and is green. It is more like the game engine itself has lag. Best example is that even when you do not give the units any commands, just pan the window the view of the game screen hangs/stutter every second or such.

SCREENSHOT/VIDEO: I could record something with my mobile, if bug description is not prcise enough. (Where to upload, though)

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: It is just this map. But it was since I started playing Skylords. Did not play that map often. Thought it was a bad internet connection that days.

I have no proof of it, but my theory is that this map uses specific system resources, and your PC can not keep up.

I think 3 people in total report that, and we was testing it by being in same match and streaming, my game and stream was fine.

Just a side note new Nvidia GPU does not mean it is faster for older games, Nvidia uses software to keep compatibility with hardware they removed, and this game is over decade old, so it is likely that they remoded something important BF using, these GPUs are much faster than GPUs of BF original era, but some effects can just require 100x more performance if done in software without hardware support, but no one tried with profiles, so it is just guess.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2019 at 6:03 PM, Kubik said:

I have no proof of it, but my theory is that this map uses specific system resources, and your PC can not keep up.

I think 3 people in total report that, and we was testing it by being in same match and streaming, my game and stream was fine.

Just a side note new Nvidia GPU does not mean it is faster for older games, Nvidia uses software to keep compatibility with hardware they removed, and this game is over decade old, so it is likely that they remoded something important BF using, these GPUs are much faster than GPUs of BF original era, but some effects can just require 100x more performance if done in software without hardware support, but no one tried with profiles, so it is just guess.

Well, my PC is (execpt a SSD) exactly the same as with the original BF. There was no stuttering at all on that map, even with the graphical features tuned all up the highest setting. Nowadays the game perfomance seems to be worse, that is why I decided to turn all graphical settings to the lowest setting. (This, indeed might be caused by "computer hardware got to old" and also might be a cause for the stuttering on that map.)

On 7/21/2019 at 3:00 PM, T1421 said:

Hey Flrbb,

have the same problem. 

In my case its only if you do move or attac orders.

is it the same for you or is it "laggy" even if you do nothing?

No, this happens even if you do/did not do anything at all, just pan by moving the mouse to the edge of the screen.

• Kiwi locked this topic