1/2 - Nether Warp changed behaviour multiple times lately

Flrbb

NAME: Nether Warp changed behaviour multiple times lately

SEVERITY: 1 if you want to use NW, otherwise 2, maybe even 3

REPRODUCIBILITY: yes

DESCRIPTION: lately there were a bunch of updates, most of them seem to have impacted on the behaviour of Neather Warp. NWs behaviour changes after updates to a different usage. Usually, you create a warp zone and each unit that gets in contact (even after a short time of existence of the wrap zone) will be sent to the other spot. The behaviour was altered in different ways: the radius of the warp zone was modified, units which did not instantly warp away cannot warp, even when moved later into the warp zone. And the current state is, that a unit seems (sometimes) to be immune to warp for some time, after it was warped. In consequence, you cannot use both NW in random missions to move faster.

SCREENSHOT/VIDEO: -

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: I think, it all started when an update mixed up the right-click menu in the forge and noone had access to some entries like show/request decks.

14 hours ago, Flrbb said:

And the current state is, that a unit seems (sometimes) to be immune to warp for some time, after it was warped. In consequence, you cannot use both NW in random missions to move faster.

That was never possible. Every time an unit gets warped, it gets a debuff which makes it immune to every other kind of teleportations. At least that's what supposed to happen. The only way to bypass this debuff is to use Incredible Mo's 3rd ability. So maybe you saw that combination and thought it was a bug when you tried it later without the Increadable Mo?

I do not know the state of Inc. Mo while I played the random 4 player maps. Might be possible that another player had a "unusual" setup. I hadn't any interference with that in mind, so I did not check.

In one game, I could only teleport like 4 units out of 5 constructs and 4 battleships and even if I walk the constructs into the animation of the warp, they did not warp. Also, in another game I could apply two NW (both affinities) directly after each other.

There was a game with another player, who did also use NW, I warped my units into a camp and he did warp them out. Was kind of confusing. :) But don't know the name.

As my information seems to be not precise enough and I play lots of Construct/NW games lately, I will report back.

Alright. Tested in forge:

With 3rd Inc. Mo active, you can instantly warp your units. Back an forth. Which is nice. :D

Without, there is (better: should be) a 10 second delay. This delay is shown on the unit itself (where e.g. Wheel's symbols are shown, too). Sometimes this countdown refreshes itself back to 10 seconds. I think, this happens when the unit doesn't move out of the target warp zone. I would say this is a bug. Because you then need more than 10 seconds between a warp.

I also tested the radius of the warp. Right now it matches the animation of the warp, so it seems correct to me. I swear, the radius was smaller recently because in a random game a few days ago it warped just a few units from the center of the pulk.

If a unit walks into a warp zone, it gets teleported. This was not the case recently. But now, everything is fine here. Anyhow, there seems to be some sort of delay of warping units, which do not warp with the cast of the spell but walk into the warp zone. Either this delay is bound to a timer or due to ping. I don't know and don't know how to test properly. This might get me thought that the spell did not work properly.

I do play that quite often and have been doing that in matches with u aswell, with offering u can get 4 consecutive warps which speeds up walking long distances quite a lot (construct deck is so slow mimimi) , or u just warp ur units forever in a rectangle :P

what remains bugged is the healing that stacks up 

Edited by LEBOVIN

• Kiwi locked this topic