Nothing happens after pressing the "Play"-Button

Yoreki

Hello,
i hope somebody can help me with my problem. As the titel states, when i run the SkylordsRebornUpdater.exe and press Play, the Updater closes and nothing happens afterwards. No process opens or anything.

What i did:

- I downloaded both; the Battleforge files as well as the Updater files and extracted them to the same location
- Originally i was missing the libssl-1_1.dll as well as the libcrypto-1_1.dll, but i downloaded them and put them in there.
- I ran John's Script (YT /watch?v=3tIa6X24v_c) , which tells me i'm not missing any files. 
- I had Visual C++ Redistributable 2017 installed, but uninstalled it and then installed the 2015 Version (both 32, as well as 64 Bit), which did not help.

The log-file under documents always only generates the following two lines: 

[21:38:33.585624] [info]: [] Logging initialized build: 09/06/2019 15:38:39,47
[21:38:33.585624] [error]: [...Utilities::Exit] 7

I'm using a only a couple months old Windows 10 installation, so i'm not entirely sure what's going wrong.

Hope this helps you helping me. Thanks in advance :)

then you din not get it from the link you posted, because last update to it was "Edited March 15 by Ladadoos" :( I would really like to know from where people downloading the version 0.3 :( 

Well, that got me a bit confused. I just redownloaded the updater from the Open Stress Test topic and: you are right. Now it works. The new updater actually did stuff, is now Version 0.7 and successfully starts the game.

I looked through my download history and found out that i downloaded the Updater.zip from [LINKS REMOVED BY MODERATOR TO AVOID CONFUSION] . I then checked all websites i visited yesterday and looked for where i might have clicked on that link. The only occurance of "Updater.zip" (now you call it SkylordsRebornUpdater.zip) i found was on the main page of the "All you need to know" post when "martijndrenth" quoted the (old) link: [LINKS REMOVED BY MODERATOR TO AVOID CONFUSION] (which after download results in the above link as dl source).
So i'm pretty certain that's where i got it. I dont know why i would have clicked on a link in a quote when the link can be found right at the top, but maybe i was tired or something. I hope this helps. Maybe try and edit that quote to show the new link.

Anyways, this solved my problem, so thank you very much :)

• Kiwi locked this topic