Could some cards get a speed buff?

IceKin

speed buff to construct and battleship  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a speed buff to construct and battleship

• yes
    • no

I was wondering if some cards like construct and battleship (won't lie, my fav cards), could have a lil buff to speed. These units are really slow among all t4 units across all colors, what about tweaking just a bit their speed?

Guess it won't unbalance pvp since they are not pvp cards, while in pve they could be used by everyone.

What about adding an exra ability to this cards - for some energy you can activate the speedbuff for some seconds - after there is a cooldown? 

You also could add some extras like speedbuff increase is depending on level of void or same units around it and so on. 

Like Lebo mentioned - just perma speed buff at same damage lvl will be to overpowerd.

I think Construct is already in a good spot. It has good dmg and is the only unit that has a XL knockback on it's normal attacks which is the only way to stun bosses which is obviously a very strong ability.

On the other hand I think battleship is one of the weakest t4 cards in the game. It doesn't do much dmg and hasn't much life either. So I'm totally fine with giving him a small speed boost. Though it shouldn't be as fast as spiritship. Both can attack while they are moving and that's one of the main reasons why spiritship is so overpowered in rPve.

4 hours ago, Pritstift said:

What about adding an exra ability to this cards - for some energy you can activate the speedbuff for some seconds - after there is a cooldown? 

You also could add some extras like speedbuff increase is depending on level of void or same units around it and so on.

I really like idea of a restricted speedboost for Battleship. Would make it faster but still keep the frost-style of this card. Though that got me on an idea that also buff some other weak cards like winterwitch: Make battleship only go faster when it has an ice shield. Ice shields are very weak in t4 anyways but are one of the main reason why you would play winterwitch so give battleship that ability and hit two birds with one stone.

Edited by Chibiterasu

11 minutes ago, Kilian Dermoth said:

It is not the only way to stun bosses ;)

The only standard attack that knocks back bosses though, wich makes it really strong (no extra power or timewasting animation or cooldown like an ability might have).

Construct pros and cons:

+ super long range

+ siege damage

+ S, M, L and XL unit knockback

+ only one frost orb needed

- slow

- can't attack air

Remove it's slow speed and it becomes more OP than lost spirit ship ever was. Spells could deal with air units, while your unstoppable army would kill everything before it could even get close.

Battleship pros and cons:

+ flying unit

- underwhelming damage

- 300 powercost is on the expensive side

- slow

I see construct as a much stronger and more versatile card than battleship, so it surprises me that some people would like to see both of them buffed the same way.

On 6/8/2019 at 3:40 PM, MutedTurtle said:

Construct + battleship is very strong, and if they were able to move faster, they would be among the best units.

Also, you can use nether warp G+B for get to your destination anyways. 

the card is pretty iconic for frost decks, would be a shame just because some mixed splashes can "teleport" the ship the speed wouldn't be increased.

However I'd also like to see stuff like knockback or an aura effect (similar to corsair) would affect nearby troops to suffer less damage instead of a speed buff.

This way you'd have a flying fortress that leads forward a massive frost army, that is even more protected from enemy attacks than usual. Fits the Frost theme a lot better I think.

While reading the title of the thread, i thought "Yeah like Construct and Battleship". And then I clicked the thread. No joke. That was funny.

I'm a big Frost player, and back in EA servers, I craved those units ! When I played solo, I was amazed by the construct, and dissapointed by the Battleship (slow, weak damages).
But then I started playing PVE level 7 to 10 and realized that the Construct is just plain bad for team play, because it's way too slow.

I ended up selling the Battleship and removing the Construct from my deck and replaced them by giants (I don't remember the name) and other stuff that matched every other factions speed. With those units you are always behind your team, being completely useless.

So yeah, speed boost would be really great... Being incapable of playing one of the strongest unit of your faction because you are always behind is really sad. Using the "faction weakness" as a reason to render a card unplayable is plain stupid. I would trade damage for speed to be able to stick with my team...

Again, this card is fine as long as you are a lone wolf, but not for PVE with steamrolling clusterf*ck.

Edited by Gnougnou

I dunno, there is probably a balance to that. The best solution and the fairest would probably to have an active that cost money and boost your Construct speed for a long enough period to be useful. You could unlock that active at level III for instance. I haven't really compared speed/damage/splash/knock of other factions' equivalent of the Construct, but I've played well enough rPVE back in EA era to know that those units are never used in 9-10. Only dragons, Grinders, Overlords, Lost Spirit Ships... They are sometimes used in 7-8 like I did until you realize you just can't keep up with your mates... Sad time :(

I don't know what to do with the Battleship tho'. It's just a weird card overall.

Edited by Gnougnou

Well there are other roles to fulfill then clearing level 9 and 10 camps. For example speed doesn't play a role when there's a defensive position to hold, wich is a part of a lot of campaign maps. Constructs in their current state fit that role perfectly. It can't all be balanced to be viable in rPVE, most of T3 for example will never be - cause T3 isn't as important in rPVEs as T1 or T4 for wich most of the slots are used usually. And like others said, constructs can also keep up in rPVE with the help of netherwarp or deepcoil worm tunneling.

Well I honestly don't remember a mission where I told myself "glad I had the construct !". After I switched them for Grinder (legendary that I got from inviting a friend on the game), I never switched back, mission or PVE. Faster, immortal, self healing unit that have 100% siege damage instead of 50%. If I want a slow defensive unit, I rather go for the world breaker gun, and then switch it to artillery mode if I attack. So again, I don't see ANY use for the construct as it is right now. Same for Battleship, I see no point using them while you can have the Corsair with 3 orbs with a cool passive at level I (Inspirational Call), or the lost spirit ship that knock your army like crazy. Like, c'mon, the Battleship doesn't even knock, it's just a slow HP bag...

You are right, a unit shouldn't work everywhere. But it should at least fulfill one role, which they don't. The only cool thing with the Construct is that is requires only one blue orb, so you don't have to full commit to the ice faction. Again, their XL knock is pretty useless if your friends are 2km ahead.

2 hours ago, Kubik said:

"friends are 2km ahead" should I understand it as you and your friends are using hacks to increase map sizes? :thinking:

No. I think they just play on different maps. Everything is one single world after all...

Seriously at least constructs XL-knockback is usefull. You don't have to walk behind your units with them the whole time. Play other units and when you see a boss, for example in rPve, just play the construct next to him and he will immidiately knockback the boss. Especially for colors with a weakness against single strong units like pure frost it's a good situational card.

• 1 month later...

Not talking about removing these units slowness

Just making them "less" slow.

As said before, frost units are slower than any other, still construct and bships are slower than the already slow frost units.

I don't know how is number situation, but a 15-20% speed buff will just make these cards less frustrating to use in pve

• 1 year later...