Client issues after any new update

Anbis

client looks to refusing connects when i try to log in after any new patch.(hours after the patch goes live) forgot to screen shot the exact error when the servers had gone down tonight. the only way i have found to fix this is to delete the whole battle forge folder and start over and extract from .rar again.

it has happened the last 3 patches. the files in c:documents does not seem to be the issue since i don't have to delete them. the first time night it happened i spent 3 hours trying all different things listed on the site to try and get it back finally after i was out of ideas i just deleted the main folder and started over. does not happen on my laptop only on my desktop.

will check this post again in the am headed to sleep now after i post it since i already fixed it after this last patch just trying to see if i can prevent it from happening every patch from here on out if possible. thanks

Edited by Anbis
changing title to reflect more then one issue

This is the error it popped up again just now when i had gone to launch the game for the first time today. even tho the patcher was fully updated last night. it updated one thing today and then now the client does not work again.

battle forge error.png

With my AV i have the Files set as trusted and as exceptions plus i have the AV completely turned off. and windows defender is also fully turned off with the firewall turned off

updated today to the new v0.7 patcher version and now the patcher is frozen let it sit there for about 15 mins just to make sure. stopped it ran it again it froze again. reset the patcher back to v0.4 by over writing the patcher from the .zip updated again and it froze again. stopped it again. tried deleting the c:documents battle forge folder(just to see what will happen) and it froze before creating a new one so i just restored it back from trash.

then deleted the whole main battle forge folder and reextracted the full game and patched and it froze again ( all freezes have been like the new screen shot.)

deleted everything main folder and c:documents folder then reextracted the full game and patched and it froze again. Only thing to get created this time in the C:documents folder is the config.xml file

restarted computer froze again and everything was ran as admin checked it many times.

now i am out of ideas with a new worse problem lol.

battle forge freeze.png

Edited by Anbis

So after monkeying with my AV for about an 2 hours, i find out that it was ignoring my Files and folders that i had set as trusted and as exceptions. and that my AV still runs even when the AV process is ended and was still blocking it when i turned off the fire wall and everything else that it has to off.

finally decided to just uninstall the AV just to see and that's when it finally stopped freezing and updated properly so then i tried reinstalling the AV and setting everything up as trusted and exceptions again and it finally started listening to them. so its most likely fully fixed now i will let you know if the other issue happens again after an update but i don't think it will now that the AV is actually working properly after reinstalling it, thank you for the help.

I didn't think it was the AV at first because i had tested if it was and was not showing that it had blocked anything and the AV was set up the exact same way as my laptop which my laptop still worked just fine with the game and updating. but looks like the AV was just bugging out hardcore... Super annoyed with my AV right now lol it was even the first thing i checked when i got the first issue.

1 hour ago, Anbis said:

So after monkeying with my AV for about an 2 hours, i find out that it was ignoring my Files and folders that i had set as trusted and as exceptions. and that my AV still runs even when the AV process is ended and was still blocking it when i turned off the fire wall and everything else that it has to off.

surprised pikachu face

Sounds way too intrusive for an AV. May I know the AV name?

Comodo Internet Security Premium 11. basically does everything Avast does and never had a virus since i have had it which has been about 10 years now. Back then it was called something like Comodo Antivirus. They changed the name when they added there firewall program into it.

After i got it reinstalled it finally started working like it normally should with the firewall and other stuff actually turning off the only thing that it still does that surprises me is it still runs even with the process is ended.

For me its the only AV that i have never had a Virus when i had it installed. even changed my laptop to it because it got two viruses with Avast and a few others.

Edited by Anbis
Added stuff

14 hours ago, Anbis said:

Comodo Internet Security Premium 11. basically does everything Avast does and never had a virus since i have had it which has been about 10 years now. Back then it was called something like Comodo Antivirus. They changed the name when they added there firewall program into it.

After i got it reinstalled it finally started working like it normally should with the firewall and other stuff actually turning off the only thing that it still does that surprises me is it still runs even with the process is ended.

For me its the only AV that i have never had a Virus when i had it installed. even changed my laptop to it because it got two viruses with Avast and a few others.

Yea well, to be honest, I have only Windows Defender on all of my Windows 10 operating devices and haven't had any viruses for years now. Just be careful where you go.

• Kiwi locked this topic