few people manipulating the economy are ruining the game for everyone else

JarodDempsey

Yesterday and the day before, deepcoil and dreadnought were both around 600 bfp and there was almost a full page of listings for each. Now I log back in to find all but one listing for deepcoil and all but two listings for dreadnought gone but these listings are new and are crazily inflated. Dreadnought is now like 900-1000 and deepcoil 800 and all three listings are by the same person. This is not the first time ive seen this happen but it is the most recent and most obvious. Yesterday I sold my dreadnought hoping to buy a deepcoil worm today but instead im left waiting like another day and being forced to spend 50% above any semblance reasonable price because of these people who artificially inflate prices. Last week living tower had like an entire page and was at like 110 and then a day later it was at 225 with only 2 listings by the same person. Same thing happened to timeshifter spirit. Also between yesterday and today corsair went from 70bfp to today with a minimum buyout of 140. 

There needs to be market regulation to stop people who have already amassed a lot of points from unfairly taking advantage of newer players who dont have many cards or many bfp. Perhaps limit purchases of cards to one per account per day per card so a single person cant buy an entire page and then resell a handfull at ridiculous prices. This wouldnt really hurt the average player since you dont really need a ton of copies right away and could still acquire all three in three days anyways but it would significantly limit the impact of people trying to manipulate the economy in an excessive way that harms other players. The people that do that are probably mulitaccounting anyways and deserved to be nerfed.

mulitaccounting anyways  :O who we miss? :thinking:

I am against stupid regulations, because I hate them in real life, why should I support them in a game? Or you like going to shop multiple times per week, because some things are regulated only to few pieces per day? :thinking:

to make price increase profitable he would need to sell most of them before someone offer cheaper again.

and for the Deepcoil Worms, Plu did not buy any of them these auctions just timed out because no one want them for the original price, so assumption of market manipulation may be incorrect in that case, how he could know the price if no one was offering at the time he created his auctions?

Ghazkul likes this

I always wonder if those market manipulations in a large scale like this are actually profitable. I imagine people who also want to sell this card are happy because they can sell it cheaper than the guy who manipulate the market and maybe even sell it to that guy for a higher price than normal just because he wants to continue manipulating the market. When there are only a few people who buy his overpriced cards, he will soon stop doing this and actually lose Bfp in the end.

Sure it's frustrating when you saved up your Bfp to buy a expensive card and then the price is manipulated by a random guy and you have to wait another few days. But maybe you can also ask in chat. Many people know the normal prices of some cards and those may offer it to you for a fair price.

@Kubik: I know you can view the purchase history of everyone. Just out of curiosity: Can you do me a favor and look if those people actually make profit out of that? ^^

Ghazkul likes this

I am at work now, so I can not check, but before I go I check this one card, and if he sells the card he get from booster it will be profitable for him I guess :D but as I said above he did not buy any of the cheaper ones :P 

From real world it is not profitable short term and it is disallowed in most countries, but if one company get all others from market it may be profitable in long term.

If you tell me 1 specific case of market manipulation I will check and I can guarantee you the person get warning. Selling for X while yesterday it cost Y is not manipulation :P and buying all cheaper cards to resell them higher in bulk :thinking: I can not imagine it being profitable.

5 hours ago, Chibiterasu said:

I imagine people who also want to sell this card are happy because they can sell it cheaper than the guy who manipulate the market and maybe even sell it to that guy for a higher price than normal just because he wants to continue manipulating the market.

THIS. i thik that is how i sold a Harvester for 400 Bfp more than usual price

@JarodDempsey I) i dont agree with anything you said... have you become so used to getting everything for no effort from WoW or what? be patient, open your daily boosters and sell any valuable cards from that that is the way a market is supposed tho work.... Suply and Demand

II) Have you actualy read the FAQ???? if you would have you would see that the Devs dont own the source code..... How would they even implement your Utopia?

Just a quick idea from me. The problem here is that players that dont know the values are sometimes willing to buy overprices cards bcs they just dont know better.

Implement an easy average estimation of a cards price on top of each card in the AH.

For example if a card is sold in general for 100 BFP and someone buys all cards of the same kind...lets say 20 cards...the person has to spend 2000 BFP.

So in the background this would mean, that the general price or you can also call it recommended price for a card shows up as 100 BFP.

If this person now puts in these 20 cards all for 200 BFP each the shown recommended price would not change until the person sells one of these.

If the person sells one card for 200 bfp...the formular would be something like (20C*100BFP+1C*200BFP)/21 ~ 105 BFP

So by selling 1 card for 200 BFP after buying 20 for 100 BFP the average(recommended) price would only rise by 5 BFP.

That means that even new players would be aware of the average price, by looking at the shown recommended price for each card, EVEN IF someone buys all cards of one kind and places them at a absurd high price in the AH. So even if the person puts in the 20 cards for 200 BFP the recommended price would still be showing 100 BFP.

It would even show up when you are about to put a card in the AH. You choose a card to sell and the game recommends you a price to sell it for.

On 5/21/2019 at 6:09 AM, Kubik said:

mulitaccounting anyways  :O who we miss? :thinking:

I am against stupid regulations, because I hate them in real life, why should I support them in a game? Or you like going to shop multiple times per week, because some things are regulated only to few pieces per day? :thinking:

to make price increase profitable he would need to sell most of them before someone offer cheaper again.

and for the Deepcoil Worms, Plu did not buy any of them these auctions just timed out because no one want them for the original price, so assumption of market manipulation may be incorrect in that case, how he could know the price if no one was offering at the time he created his auctions?

average price of cards change from day to day with over 100 cards sold per day and jump with scale of at least 4X, so your system would be totally useless :P

these are numbers from real data btw

BF economy is the closest representation of a real economy (if we exclude the fact that cards appear from thin air and the influx of players doesn't match the Boosters being opened, but that's a different topic). Overpricing cards is a valid option for players both new and old with the risks of noone buying that and the prospect of a larger profit margin.

Economy is constantly evolving and changing and it's up to players to decide whether they want to buy, sell, trade or get Boosters and cross their fingers. Limiting this kills one of the best parts of the game. If a player wants to buy a certain card, they can ask around for its appropriate price instead of buying the first thing they see on the marketplace. They can just as well wait for the price to change in their favor, whether they are buying or selling. At this point getting a monopoly is impossible for more than an hour or two before someone spots an overpriced singular offer and undermines it while still making a profit, thus bringing the price down with natural means.

Yes, some players have more cards while others have less - that's normal. You can decide not to buy from them or buy from Direct Trade with better price or wait for someone to lower their price - no card is owned entirely by one person. Recommending a price for cards makes people dumber and dumber, effectivelly numbing the Auction House to a boring place where people are complied to use averaged prices or risk not making any profit. Trading is easier than it ever was, don't whine about some 1% when it's not hard to become one of them.

No point complaining, you can make or break tons of BFP with very little, especially with free Boosters - just don't rush things, look for good offers and use Direct Trade more often when buying, usually there are better prices there.

Hey everyone,

Interesting thread, I do agree with Kubik heavily, adding restrictions just doesn't feel right, sadly for the newcomers (like me, I'm brand new, still waiting for the game to install right now) we aren't the first in so we're behind on BFP, the earliest in will be able to make gains, then there will be people after us which will be lower down the opportunity ladder still, that's how it is. Though not all the earliest adopters will be making this their priority, time will balance the community and market and if it matters that much you'll climb the ranks anyway.

The other side to the coin, I use to do this kind of stuff on WoW on a fairly large scale and it was very profitable for ingame currency, gobbling up the market and inflating excessively, though it's not something that works across all items, it will work on a few. Have a look at Steam Marketplace, or any other ingame auction house, it's always the same.

If you're really that bothered by it, don't feel beat down & deflated, get competitive, do it yourself to gain what you want out of it. You don't need to multi account either, you could team up with your mates, all buy together, all rotate inflated listings etc, don't compete with each other, monopolise instead.

It's all part of the game!