reverse AH

Flrbb

Instead of offering cards you enter a "want to buy a certain card for a specific price".

Don't know how it affects the economy, but right now it sounds like a good addition to me. You instantly could get some BFP, if you want to buy a card. Also it could stabilize the prices a bit.

Tam Hawkins likes this

Uuuuuhhmmm.gif.13a6ae8369e4951878201d39b772a07e.gifwut?

Isn't it already presented in game? People already use it via so called "Direct trading". Remember chat being spammed with all the WTT/WTB/WTS messages? That's what you've just described. And btw prices in trade are usually lower than ones in AH, because, evidently, the one who offers a card is interested in trade right here and now, hence probably will put a better price for you (aka lower than what's minimum at AH at the moment).

14 hours ago, Flrbb said:

Instead of offering cards you enter a "want to buy a certain card for a specific price".

Don't know how it affects the economy, but right now it sounds like a good addition to me. You instantly could get some BFP, if you want to buy a card. Also it could stabilize the prices a bit.

Seems like a suggestion for the lazy way of browsing the AH. So if I understand correctly, such a system will (autobuy) cards for you depending on if it drops in price. Some first things that spring to mind that could be an issue.

1) What happens if multiple people want to buy under x price. How do you determine who gets to buy it?

2) If lets say people put a “buy order” of harvester for 100, and a hypothetical “market price” of harvester for 120. What happens if someone(a newbie) puts a harvester for 50bfp? It then automatically gets bought?

3) If you don’t have enough BFP to execute the buy orders, which one will be executed? 

Now im not saying it’s impossible to do, but it seems like there might be a lot of logic conditions involved,  and I’m not so sure how necessary a feature is in the first place. It would (probably) also require significant ui changes to properly display all the needed information 

It would require completely new ui new window to be made for ~60 resolutions (I think, maybe even more :P )

This would allow groups of people to regulate market with much less effort than they need to do right now. They would just start selling for 2 or 3 times higher that current price would be and auto-buy everything cheaper.
Are you one of them? Was that your target? 

:thinking:

@Ultrakool @Kubik 

I don`t think he meant an auto-buy option.

Curently you are only able to set an offer where you insert your card and wait for someone to give you bfp for it.

So what i think he means is that there could be an option where you insert your bfp and wait for someone to give you the card you want to trade for.

I think that sounds pretty interesting it would put up a nice and fast option to make bfp.

ikke2902 likes this

I haven't really deep thought about market regulations. From the heart, I cannot negate nor agree this thesis. Anyhow, an easier way to regulate (better in this context: control) the market is not the right way to go.

On second thought, I think you get me wrong. That what I had in mind will not directly regulate the market, but because it is another option/tool to buy/sell cards it will -indeed- have some impact. Let me explain my idea with more detail:

I defenitly do not want an auto-buy feature. That would lead to above mentioned questions like: what happens if more than one person has an agent running; which tries to buy cards at the same price... and so on. Instead, I want the user to make an entry in this "reverse AH": a fixed price, to instantly buy a certain card. So person A adds an entry "willing to buy 1 copy of Windweavers for 100bfp". If that user wants another copy, that user has to add another entry. If you regulate, that an account can only add up to 4 entries for the same card, and also these entries do have only a certain lifespan, the impact on the marked should be acceptable. Sooo, if a player B browses through this reverse AH and sees the entry (end of course owns a WW), he can click on a button, so that he loses the WW from his collection and instantly get the 100bpf per mail.

To the thoughts from Ultrakool:

1) Will not apply here, because there is no bot which scans the market. It is a user driven decision who gets the card.

2) I would not let the normal AH and the reverse one interact with each other. So, nothing would happen (nice feature, though :-p)

3) The bfp player A offers should then be blocked or substracted from your account.

Because my idea of this revers AH is user driven and also no interactions between both AHs the "logic" should be not that much. But I definitly think that it is a worthy feature: my experience with the WTT/WTS/WTB is not that good. Just because somewone who is willing to sell a -lets say promo constuct- has to be online at the same time likw someone else who wants to buy it. Either it is me or this happens not that often. ;)

Ahh ok so @Flrbb using instead a player driven system(Like you said manual decisions to sell or not depending on the user), it sounds like it mimics the WTB on some level. If such a system gets placed it should definitely be limited in

1) Quantity of the same card you can buy.

2) Quantities of different cards you can buy

But such a feature will still indeed still be a step in “controlling” the AH PRECISELY because it is something a lot more permanent than “WTB/WTS”.

Not to mention we are talking about a completely different section of Auction House the “reverse auction house” which would need to be designed/coded both in client and server.

We would have to very carefully think this out, it might work economically but there’s also a relative high chance for abuse especially if not enough restrictions are put into place

Couldnt you just build it up in a way where you essentially seperate both places.

In the normal one you offer your cards and someone has to actually manually select which offer he wants to take. In the „reverse“ one you offer your bfp for a specific card and conpete with other offers as well. The person who wants to sell the card can then browse through that auction house and actively choose which offer he may be satistified or not satisfied with. 

From a purely economical standpoint both places would get you to the price that people are willing to buy/sell the card. I don‘t think abuse will be any worse than now. 

In regards to the bfp problem. You can either go the easy way of locking the bfp away when you create an entry in the reverse auction house, essentially using a similar system that is in place when placing bids on cards. Alternatively you can keep the bfp on the account and fluid and if the player gets lower than the sum of all his entries in the reverse auction house you have to force him to delete entries and maybe lock his current entries until he does so. 

You can make that system however complicated you like. Easiest way: Delete the last/oldest entry/entries in the reverse auction house, until the sum of all entries can be paid with the players current bfp again or alternatively force the player to delete entries manually which is probably a bit harder already. 

Next step would be to add a priority system for he entries, essentially making the player choose which of his entries have priority if he cant pay all his entries anymore. If he cant pay anymore start deleting entries starting with lowest priority until he can pay everything again.

Just a quick thought on the matter. Can probably expand on the topic if necassary.

I think the thing that would get you what you want is a trading system similar to what is implemented in Guild Wars 2 or Eve Online (or the stock market, for that matter). Are you familiar with these systems?

I like it better than an auction house, and I don't think it's any more vulnerable to abuse (though I would have to think about it more for games with smaller player bases). That said, it would be a ton of additional work, as Kubik said above.

• 1 year later...
On 5/7/2019 at 8:04 AM, Flrbb said:

I know exactly what You mean. Just spoke with @Ladadoos about it.

Something like this was in game called "Cabal". It has nothing to do with autobuy as @Ultrakool mentioned.

System looks like this:

- Got Frost Mage to sell
- Opening AH
- Searching for it in "WTS" section
- See selling price 700BFP
- Searching for it in "WTB" section
- See buy offer for 500BFP
- Like 500BFP price
- Click [SELL] button
- You got 500BFP and buyer got card in mail

Here it's little more complicated as there are BFP. AH would need to desposit offered BFP for shopping in moment of creating buying offer.

VolvoxGlobator likes this