A new game style of mine :)

Flrbb

With the game beeing up and running without any account restarts, and me playing (and hunting bfp) more than half a year, I think I do own most (if not all) important cards to build each deck I like to play with. That beeing said, I tried to prevent BF from becoming boring to me, so I "invented" a new game style which I now want to share with you. 

Join a 4 player random pve level 9 game, request any other players deck, clone it and play with it - no matter what. As a pro tip: do a request from the other side. (If you are on position one or two, do request from 3 or 4.) If that player on your side does have a deck which doesn't suite you (I do not want to write: is a bullshit build), you'll have a very hard time to reach t3.

So far, I had a lot of fun, some troubbles and I definitly learned a lot about other deck building skills! For instance, players with just 19 cards in the deck (and 18 cards in my clone) do make the game interesting again. And I learned about other players ideas what a good deck should look like. Play-wise, it gets even more interesting, when you got someone who does not have the resources to built a perfect deck for the chosen orbs.

Have fun! :)

Sounds interesting. But I don't have 8 Spirit ships, so I could probably never clone any deck :D

I started to make theme decks with just one kind of creature type. For example only use Dragons in my deck (except one t1 ground unit just for ground presents). I also tried to make a female deck but that's impossible due to the lack of actual t4 female units.

:thinking: who said that? If you express your ideas early community will check them early and may found problems long before we implement them for testing, like no one will use it, because too weak, or bad idea, because it is too strong, or could create combo with, that would ruin the game.... I think it is better to have card proposals as soon as possible so people from community can check them for flaws.

I know this goes a bit off-topic now but while we're at it:

I have quite a bit of experience in 3D-Modelling and Animation and I really would like to not only present my ideas for cards but also make the models itself. Who do you think I should contact with that request?

36 minutes ago, Chibiterasu said:

Sounds interesting. But I don't have 8 Spirit ships, so I could probably never clone any deck :D

Well, I do. :D

Anyhow, not all decks do use Spirit Ships. Not even all frost/shadow decks. That is only one thing I've learned the last days.

Okay Thanks Kubik.

5 minutes ago, Flrbb said:

Well, I do. :D

Anyhow, not all decks do use Spirit Ships. Not even all frost/shadow decks. That is only one thing I've learned the last days.

I don't think I've every seen a frost/shadow deck (except one of mine :D) without the ship. If only people would use it's ability so that it's actually usefull...

Btw. What do you do with decks with for example amii-monument or wheels? Pretty useless to have 2 players with those cards ^^

Well, I do play them. If someone uses wheels, it is something like "shared resource ballance" if not just one has to store 3x180 energy in buildings. If someone uses amii, then I try to race to T3 first :)

anyhow, there are decks out there which require 5 orbs. Don't ask me what to do then...

I understand the sentiment youre having but i much rather play with my self-build decks. Imo if you reach the point of getting bored you probably are a veteran already with enough experience to optimize anything you could get from some random persoon.
As far as i understood you correctly the main thrill comes from using cards that are generally not used which i get. Playing off meta cards is a nice change. What is also true however is that you can probably create a deck that makes use off those cards synergies much better than someone who actually is relatively new.
If i feel like playing those off meta decks i generally just pick out one off meta card id like to play now and then start thinking about possible synergies and how to fit that card into a deck that actually works well. Sometimes that requires having a mate which if you have one helps a lot in opening the wide and endless plains of creativity.
I understand the general sentiment of limiting yourself but imo its much more enjoyable to play an optimized "troll"-deck than an unoptimized jumbled mess of cards which some players put together.

P.s. I don't try to make your approach look bad but try to state my opinion on it and try to maybe give other players a 2nd approach on making the game more interesting. I think its great that you came up with something that works for you and share it so other players might enjoy it as well :)