More new cards

moisesolivo

Are you like to have more new cards in the game ?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Let they hear you by votin.

• Hell Yea.
    • No Thanks.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/24/19 at 09:01 PM

Priorities: From top to bottom*
>Reach Server stability upto 99,999% (no random crashes here and there)
>Gameplay stability and confortability, which includes: economics (gold rewards, quest rewards and quest themselves, achievements), game content (cards you get, boosters), possibly some UI improvements, etc in those regards
>New game content. Includes: New cards, New maps/scenarios, Card rebalance, Gameplay mechanic improvements (if possible, but hardly imaginable), etc.

It's a distant future content, sadly. Can't be helped. Let alone we'd need someone to make those new "cards". They (cards) consist of: texts, cards, animations, models, textures, special effects, mechanics. We are lucky if game uses some sort of 'part-compiler' or 'constructor'. Like some spare parts of a car. You can add and take away some of them, change exterior, interior, inner mechanical parts like engine, gearbox, levers, electronics, etc etc. IF it worked like that, then we'd be blessed. Otherwise... welp~...

*some intersections are possible, but not with last part.

7 hours ago, Chimaka( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) said:

Priorities: From top to bottom*
>Reach Server stability upto 99,999% (no random crashes here and there)
>Gameplay stability and confortability, which includes: economics (gold rewards, quest rewards and quest themselves, achievements), game content (cards you get, boosters), possibly some UI improvements, etc in those regards
>New game content. Includes: New cards, New maps/scenarios, Card rebalance, Gameplay mechanic improvements (if possible, but hardly imaginable), etc.

It's a distant future content, sadly. Can't be helped. Let alone we'd need someone to make those new "cards". They (cards) consist of: texts, cards, animations, models, textures, special effects, mechanics. We are lucky if game uses some sort of 'part-compiler' or 'constructor'. Like some spare parts of a car. You can add and take away some of them, change exterior, interior, inner mechanical parts like engine, gearbox, levers, electronics, etc etc. IF it worked like that, then we'd be blessed. Otherwise... welp~...

*some intersections are possible, but not with last part.

I agree. But to be fair Battleforge already makes heavy re-use of recycling and making texts and textures (and even special effects) is not such a big deal when you got the models and animations already ingame. Special effects too are usually just textures with some kind of GPU transformation going on that can be done entirely in code (not a big deal once you know what you are doing and have a creative spark). But besides that there are still many neutral card monsters that could be turned into a playable card (just think of all the Twilight creatures. Heck, all Twilight creatures are just texture jobs anyway).

Either way, I'm more in favour of re-balancing the existing cards before adding more content. Personally, I'd love to see more unique T4 faction creatures that rewards a "pure" playstyle, but overall I think rebalancing many of the useless cards yields more merit.

Edited by ImaginaryNumb3r

46 minutes ago, ImaginaryNumb3r said:

I agree. But to be fair Battleforge already makes heavy re-use of recycling and making texts and textures (and even special effects) is not such a big deal when you got the models and animations already ingame. Special effects too are usually just textures with some kind of GPU transformation going on that can be done entirely in code (not a big deal once you know what you are doing and have a creative spark). But besides that there are still many neutral card monsters that could be turned into a playable card (just think of all the Twilight creatures. Heck, all Twilight creatures are just texture jobs anyway).

Either way, I'm more in favour of re-balancing the existing cards before adding more content. Personally, I'd love to see more unique T4 faction creatures that rewards a "pure" playstyle, but overall I think rebalancing many of the useless cards yields more merit.

Yeah i know all that. Used a bit of blender and such-like programs to make new models + texturing + FXes, long ago. Also modded HoMM5 to some extent too. Just didn't dive deep into that part. Thought it was unnecessary. But ye, we already have access to existing units, and only need to balance them out and make playable.

About rebalancing. Same here. I actually lean towards rebalancing existing stuff, before adding more and making an even worse mess. I tried to rework/buff twilight's transformation with The Aquanix, but then we stopped, because all the data is left on his PC, to which he doesn't have access (just not there)...sooo... yeah. Those are the least parts to do. There are actually other useless dirt cards that require closer look.