Boring for beginners

myraezel

Hello dear communnity :),

i began Skylords Reborn 4 days ago. I know the game, like probably all of you from the past. Of course i was super happy when i learned about Skylords.

In addition, i liked the fact its complete free. But:

It is boring. There is no reason to stay longer ingame, after u did ur 3 (boring) daily quests. The gain in Cards and BFP is so slow it takes probably weeks to get out of the 

"i play with a mixed deck i dont like to play with to beat dailies" zone. 

That makes me thinking about droping. That makes probably the same with other newcomers. So nobody plays on low elo. So only the same ppl are arround.

I am sure, they are bored too.

Sure, its beta. But dont get that wrong. I dont know much games who lived on launch when they were at the brink of death in beta.

Last sentence of mine: If this is beta, we should test stuff. we cant if we dont get cards or players to play with. Make it fun to test! Afaik their will be a wipe at Beta end anyways.

Regards,

one who wants the game to be great again!

Navarr and Xientie like this

1 hour ago, Kubik said:

then you should know there is also a market where you can get cards, many players already left because they think they have everything.

I do know. But for the market i need some BFP. To get BFP i have to do dailies. They are always the same, and in case u have to pvp, u have to ask because else there will be nobody in pvp. And in any case, there will be nobody with low elo deck as you. 

So, my point still stands. I mean, i wrote this after 3 days of noticing i kinda dont want to play the game i want to play :) You understand me?

P.S:

Just right now, i am online, doing nothing, waiting for my quests to recharge. 0 BFP, because all my Bosster yet were "unlucky". No csards i want and no cards of great value to transfer them in new boosters. now tell me, what i am supposed to do? Do i miss something? Would love if thats the case. But i dont think so. Campaign is done as far as i could get with my deck. Same are dailies. shall i ask for pvp constantly? with a deck wich is shit vs high elo decks?

Edited by myraezel

that gives me a thinking. not elegant, not the way it should be, because it doesnt change anything for what i said about tediousity, but, it might go faster. i still think its far to boring at all atm. hope that will change somehow.

2 hours ago, Kubik said:

then you should know there is also a market where you can get cards, many players already left because they think they have everything.

Then these players are people we probably don't need and want. I don't know a single player that has close to all cards. Also I think there are more people that left or are leaving now (or didn't even start) because they have the same problem like myraezel. 

1 hour ago, Kubik said:

you can sell the boosters and buy cards, that way players build 120 lvl deck in first week.

So 7 x 440 bfp = lvl 120 deck? I cant LOL hard enough.

Edited by Navarr
myraezel likes this

21 x promo in first 5 days was record :P 

We do not have statistic how much time players spend looking at action house but if you sell one booster for 400 BFP, buy 8 cards for 50 BFP and sell them for 70 BFP you will have 560 BFP and you can repeat the process ... find under-priced card in auction buy it, and sell it bit overpriced and repeat ... profit, many players do that and it seems too effective.

Just now, Kubik said:

21 x promo in first 5 days was record :P 

We do not have statistic how much time players spend looking at action house but if you sell one booster for 400 BFP, buy 8 cards for 50 BFP and sell them for 70 BFP you will have 560 BFP and you can repeat the process ... find under-priced card in auction buy it, and sell it bit overpriced and repeat ... profit, many players do that and it seems too effective.

Sure it is effective. But think about who of these people are the beginners. Are the beginners the people that know the prices, have capital and make good profit? Or are the beginners the people that lose money on these people because they are new? Also why are lucky dudes who got several promos in the first days relevant for this thread? Most people don't compare to this.

Sure it works but for players like me who know the prices, it's very easy to make huge money off some beginners that don't know the market yet. I find this unfair even though I'm on the receiving end. Just saying.

And it'd be easy to fix cuz one of the huge factors is that the current value ratio of bfp to boosters is somewhat like 1:3.

Also an important point to mention in that regard: As a new player on the server, it would be better if you can afford to OPEN the boosters so you get a lot of different cards instead of spending lots of time and bfp on a market you don't know yet and ending up with fewer cards..

Edited by Navarr

you know "the prices" :thinking:

you mean the average prices that was when it was on EA's servers?
or the median prices that was when it was on EA's servers?
or the average prices that was this week?
or the median prices that was this week?
or the average prices that was last month?
or the median prices that was last month?
or ...
these differ by more than 100%

First i want to thank Navarr to step on my side.

Second, after the very first, super short answer i got from you, Kubic, i am now a bit shocked about your behaviour as a "Lead Developer". I am a new guy interested in what u work ur sorry arse of i guess! I am exactly that guy you want in thousands for your game! And it took about 4 post of you to make me think "Where do i got here". Laught about me, dismiss me, its ok. I am no child, i will feel like you shouldnt probably be the voice of the games makers, and leave. 

After talking to several people ingame, combined what Mr Kubik sais, this is a dead ship. As it is with unrewarded love, it tends to turn to some more negative. Thanks for fucking it up :)

Bye

and what you want us to do? remove all progression from the game? Give everyone everything? Who will play the game then?

I would not be interested in game like that.

@Navarr you mean the list of card or the link to discord where someone just said progression is fast?

For the list of cards I can say whatever you "known" price would be then auction history have weeks when price was at least double, but for these more likely 5 or more times higher than other weeks, and I do not speak about single card sold for 100 times over average, I mean really 20 or 50+ cards sold for multiple of "average price of other weeks.

6 minutes ago, Kubik said:

and what you want us to do? remove all progression from the game? Give everyone everything? Who will play the game then?

I would not be interested in game like that.

@Navarr you mean the list of card or the link to discord where someone just said progression is fast?

For the list of cards I can say whatever you "known" price would be then auction history have weeks when price was at least double, but for these more likely 5 or more times higher than other weeks, and I do not speak about single card sold for 100 times over average, I mean really 20 or 50+ cards sold for multiple of "average price of other weeks.

Ok and that's the point where I'm out. Sorry, I don't think you understand what I am saying or you are not taking this seriously.

I also think that progression is too slow. I only enjoy playing PVP and due to work/studies, I could not do the quests everyday, so I needed AGES to get a proper deck in order to to be able to actually play what I wanted. Furthermore, besides that I was also forced to play COUNTLESS of PVE maps (which does not bring me any fun at all) in order to get upgrades to complete my deck.

As I know the game from before and remembered how much I enjoyed it I was happy to sacrifice all this time to create a competitive deck. Would I have done this if I was a new player? Hell no.

Finding a better way to do this is quite hard though. I agree with this side as well.

I don't think you two have to discuss the 'new players could make bfp through the marketplace'-argument anymore, as it is completely ridiculous.

Edited by Showaren2

If you like the game you have a lot of thing to do - you have at lest 4 different RTS game in one.  You can try PvP (it's easy to collect one or two PvP decks, for example Pure Fire and Fire Nature); You can play PvE expert maps (some of them  are really challengeable and interesting); you can also try PvE speedruns; rPvE mod is other game too.
I agree that progress of obtaining cards is  too slow if you want to play both PvE and PvP. I still dont have every needable card for me after ~5 months. 

Edited by Loriens

10 minutes ago, Loriens said:

If you like the game you have a lot of thing to do - you have at lest 4 different RTS game in one.  You can try PvP (it's easy to collect one or two PvP decks, for example Pure Fire and Fire Nature); You can play PvE expert maps (some of them l are really challengeable and interesting); you can also try PvE speedruns; rPvE mod is other game too.
I agree that progress of obtaining cards is  too slow if you want to play both PvE and PvP. I still dont have every needable card for me after 4 months. 

In order to play PVP atm you need a nearly fully upgraded deck. Even as an unranked/low-ranked pvp player you will easily get matched against good players. Without a fully upgraded/charged deck, your experience of pvp is going to be getting stomped 99/100 games, and it would take a month of doing dailies every day to change this, completely unrelated to skill or anything. Very fun experience ;)

From my point of view a typical newbie could experience: 'I do not like PVE that much' --> Try Pvp --> get stomped 15 times in a row --> Quit game

Edited by Showaren2
Navarr and Loriens like this

6 minutes ago, Kubik said:

And what we can do about the fact that almost no one play PvP right now, so elo does not mater for the matchmaking?

I think it is a bit of a 'chicken and egg' problem. I think no one plays PVP because it requires so much 'leg work' in order to properly play it. As I said, having a fully upgraded deck with most of the charges is a HUGE entry barrier (excuse the economics term) for new players. This results in them not entering, which again results in the current PVP player base to be made up of mostly very good players, which again makes it even harder for new players to enter. It's a vicious cycle.

Maybe it could make sense to enable all cards + upgrades for PVP for like a 'trial period', say 4 weeks when joining BAFO. This way new PVP players would see that if they actually had this deck, then the difference would not be THAT huge and that they could actually have a chance when they work on their skills. And then after 4 weeks they do have an incentive to collect this deck on their own.

I am happy to claim that if you give the same deck to a top 50 player with all upgrades, and then the same deck to a newbie without any upgrades, the top 50 player will win 99/100 games, and the newbie will just feel completely discouraged and think he cannot win anyways and quit PVP. Whereas if they both had the same deck with same upgrades, newbie would still lose the aboluste majority, but still feel like he actually could stand a chance if he was playing better.

Edited by Showaren2
Navarr likes this

I played PvP without having fully upgraded deck, without a problem and did not feel discouraged at all.

And I am sure that if you give fully upgraded deck to newbies and not upgraded to pro player, the pro players wins most of time.