Running the game makes my motherboard screech loudly

95DreadLord

This doesn't happen with any other game and only happens when BattleForge window is in focus if I'm playing fullscreen or all the time if I'm playing windowed. The sound seems to be coming around Audio Boost 4 chip but I wouldn't bet money on it yet since it just sounded it came from around there

My motherboard is MSI Z370 SLI PLUS.

Processor is i7-8700i 

GPU is AMD R9 390

I didn't find anyone else with similar issue hence this post.

I updated my audio drivers and nothing changed.

do you have any FPS counter? If I should guess the game pushing frames way above 60 FPS, and that sound can come from coils on GPU. If that is the problem there is thread about how to force FPS limit somewhere.

8 hours ago, Kubik said:

do you have any FPS counter? If I should guess the game pushing frames way above 60 FPS, and that sound can come from coils on GPU. If that is the problem there is thread about how to force FPS limit somewhere.

Thanks. This is a start. Apparently the game is running at solid 2800 fps which is tad more than I need. I'll go look for that fps limiting solution.

E: vsync alone was enough.

Edited by 95DreadLord
I'm dumb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use