new T1 units for the "mixed" fractions

Flrbb

It buggs me that you have to play a "pure fraction" on T1, even when you want to play a "mixed" one later on. For example, if you want to build a "full Bandit deck", you still have to use fire T1 or shadow T1. What about some (few) units (and buildings) which are in the favour of the mixed fractions?

As designing cards takes lots of time I like to suggest to take just some basic T1 units (like Forsaken, Sunstriders, Master Archers or something even more "generic") and apply a themed skin to those units, as well as the usual benefit from that fraction. (eg. the heal for the Bandits)

A tradeoff to use these mixed units on T1 should be, that you are forced to have a certain orb colour when raising your T2.

In fact i don't like this too. No matter what fraction u play t1 u play pure. 

Let's theory this. 

The only way I can imagine to realize this is that there is some kind of check, for you have at least one t2 bandit unit in your deck, then it will allow you to play a bandit t1 unit. 

The check could either be in deckbuilding., not allowing you to put the card in your deck or in game not allowing you to play that card. 

This would be a complete new mechanic to the game and I guess hard to impossible to realize. No need to say this is no priority. 

Kind Regards 

On community maps you can start with more than one orb, and that mechanic is completely broken, because if you you dual color T2 you will end with 2 orbs of same color.

What color of orb you would you on T1 then, if not one of the 4 existing ones? :thinking:

Another problem I see is that, I just can not imagine what color would that unit would be.

It would be for example a fire unit that requires a t2 bandit card in your deck as a requirement to be played. You could play it  together with normal t1 fire cards. 

Everything just theory. This would be hard to balance and would have high impact on the meta. 

Kind Regards 

to cast card that require 1 orb, you need at least 1 orb, and orb need color. game try to figure it from the card, but how it can guess correct color? As I said it already not work for dual color cards, and neutral cards, if you start with more than one monument.

Neutrals do not work if you start with more than one Monument? That is strange.

I am assuming that, if I have Vyridya (for example), and I start the game with 2 Monuments, both Mons will be the colour of the first card I cast, and then I ill be able to cast Vyridya. Is that not so?

If it is, the same could go towards an hypothetical T1 Neutral card. First you must cast a coloured card, and then you can cast the Neutal.

You can cast Vyridya (for example), if you start with 2+ orbs, but they will get same color.

Bandit something (Fire+Shadow) create 2 shadow monuments, because both monuments are processed at same time, and first missing monument is shadow.

So adding neutral T1 can break the game on all existing maps, not only community maps. Imagine you cast it first, and then it will be the only card you can cast it anymore, because rest of your T1 have different color than your monument. 

I understand. However, perhaps it could only work if you first cast a coloured creature, though these may be too many steps.

Maybe Neutrals should keep being T2 and higher. I would still love to see some mercenary units that all sides can use, that would have their own flavour.

In any regard, if new content was to be added, it would perhaps be wiser to flesh out the Amii faction, and then a Fire/Frost faction.

Just to make clear. 

My suggestion not need 2 monuments at once.

You just play a "normal" monocolored t1 unit with a requirement. (have a t2 bandit card in your deck) 

I see the problem is the units must be at least the same viable as the normal t1 metacards or you woud not play them at all. If they stronger they will completely substitute the normal t1 cards. 

To Balance would be too hard. 

Fire

3 hours ago, Karl Lavafeld said:

It would be for example a fire unit that requires a t2 bandit card in your deck as a requirement to be played. You could play it  together with normal t1 fire cards. 

Everything just theory. This would be hard to balance and would have high impact on the meta. 

Kind Regards 

Btw I know this will most likely never happen just theoretical. 

Edited by Karl Lavafeld

Like it's a fire card with affinity towards bandits. 

Where affinity to solocollours give a buff, affinity s to duocolours need a requirement (to have a duo color t2 unit of the affinity in deck) to can be played. 

So it's a fire card if u play it u get a fire orb, but if u not have a t2 banditcard in your deck u can't play it.