Chat Bug

WatcherOfSky

So IDK what causes it, but sometimes I'll try to write /group or similar specific chats the server will send me a an error message telling me I'm not in that kind of chat (when I obviously am). I get out of it either by leaving a group or resetting the client. 

I have few question:

• "or similar specific chats" what other chats you mean?
  • "server will send" how you know that message is from server and not from game itself?
  • "when I obviously am" how you know that? being in "group" does not automatically mean you should have a group chat :( 

17 hours ago, Kubik said:

I have few question:

• "or similar specific chats" what other chats you mean?
  • "server will send" how you know that message is from server and not from game itself?
  • "when I obviously am" how you know that? being in "group" does not automatically mean you should have a group chat :( 

I wanted to get a screenshot, but I forgot. 

• I mean like /team chat or group related chats.
  • I mean a red message will appear so I'm assuming the server, could be the game idk how it's coded :D
  • I mean when I join a lobby, so I should be placed into a group no? One of my options is to "leave group" when I right-click on my name so I assume I'm in a group no?

It might be me not understanding how the game works, but if it should be like this then isn't that a bit inconvenient?

Thanks for your time, sorry for being vague.

"sorry for being vague" not a problem, I just want to be sure we are on the same page. that bug was already reported in closed beta, but some mor must move it to archived as unsolvable :( (maybe I create thread with known bugs and short explanations, and message for mods to not remove it :thinking: or maybe not, I am too lazy :P )

so to the bug.

We know there are multiple "things" we call group. Working names are "Forge group", and "Match group". They are created exactly the same.

Steps to reproduce: restart server, 2 players join, 1 player invite the other, second player accept, check /group chat, start match, few possibilities: "both players have /group", "both player have /match and /group was not working in forge", or mix when one player that now have /match was not able to see /group messages in forge, /group and /match are mixed (because they use same ID) message send in /group arrive as /match and vice versa :( 

With these steps most of time both players have /group chat, but not always, randomly the other cases appear, with exactly same steps, not a single byte difference in the packets. :( no difference in order of packets, just nothing we was able to measure :( 

"idk how it's coded" I do not know either :( 

"I mean like /team chat" is there a case when this one not work? :thinking: that would be a new bug.

"I mean when I join a lobby, so I should be placed into a group no?" We do not know for sure, in case of PvP the match chat would make sense to be able to communicate with the other team.

"It might be me not understanding how the game works" no one knows how exactly the game works :( 

24 minutes ago, Kubik said:

"sorry for being vague" not a problem, I just want to be sure we are on the same page. that bug was already reported in closed beta, but some mor must move it to archived as unsolvable :( (maybe I create thread with known bugs and short explanations, and message for mods to not remove it :thinking: or maybe not, I am too lazy :P )

so to the bug.

We know there are multiple "things" we call group. Working names are "Forge group", and "Match group". They are created exactly the same.

Steps to reproduce: restart server, 2 players join, 1 player invite the other, second player accept, check /group chat, start match, few possibilities: "both players have /group", "both player have /match and /group was not working in forge", or mix when one player that now have /match was not able to see /group messages in forge, /group and /match are mixed (because they use same ID) message send in /group arrive as /match and vice versa :( 

With these steps most of time both players have /group chat, but not always, randomly the other cases appear, with exactly same steps, not a single byte difference in the packets. :( no difference in order of packets, just nothing we was able to measure :( 

"idk how it's coded" I do not know either :( 

"I mean like /team chat" is there a case when this one not work? :thinking: that would be a new bug.

"I mean when I join a lobby, so I should be placed into a group no?" We do not know for sure, in case of PvP the match chat would make sense to be able to communicate with the other team.

"It might be me not understanding how the game works" no one knows how exactly the game works :( 

lol all good. Since it's a known bug then there shouldn't be any problems. :D

• Kiwi locked this topic
  • Kubik pinned this topic
  • fiki574 unpinned this topic