PVP Profile Should Show Your All Time/Best Ranking

Atari75

I can remember that when the "new" mechanic was implemented, making players lose pvp rank when not active, not many liked it.

What is my motivation to get a pvp 'medal' when I lose it again? I will keep an olympic medal when I won it/ a boxing champion will always be a boxing champion even if he is not the "actual" one.

It's ok to lose ranks in the top list, but if I lose my medal again, there's no motivation to play pvp for me.

Edited by Atari75

It represent the actual rank, right now rank do not have any speedup to go down, it it just baseElo * min(30, matchesPlayedInLast30Days) / 30 so if you play 1 match per day on average it will not drop. This is subject to change later. So as long as you play at least a bit only way to go down is lose :P 

Rank is also used to buy upgrades, so players that do not play, and do not have PvE rank can not buy upgrades.

to your example "champion" if you will not participate the next tournament someone else will be "new world champion", so in real world you keep some piece of metal, but you do not keep the title and all the bonuses it represent. So from real world perspective it also seem comparable to lose the rank.

I guess that mechanic was implemented to make people play. But I doubt that this works. As long as there is no monetary obligation there is no need to enforce player participation that way. (And it didn't work before as well.)

imagine a case when someone manage to get first place and some high ELO by good win-streak and win over the old #1, and stop playing, there will be no way to remove him from the first spot without defeating him, and no one will be able to defeat him because he will not play, There are some ideas to give top X players on PvP leaderboard rewards every week/month that would mean that player would be getting reward for not playing. Does that sounds correct to you?

Navarr likes this

13 hours ago, Kubik said:

imagine a case when someone manage to get first place and some high ELO by good win-streak and win over the old #1, and stop playing, there will be no way to remove him from the first spot without defeating him, and no one will be able to defeat him because he will not play, There are some ideas to give top X players on PvP leaderboard rewards every week/month that would mean that player would be getting reward for not playing. Does that sounds correct to you?

If the Activity% dropped waaayyy faster, I think that rewarding top PvP players would be a great idea. Imho it would be fair if everyone above a certain rank (lets say r20 or even 40 and higher) gets the exact same reward so there is less dodge-queuing etc.

Edited by Navarr

I do not think it is a good idea, imagine situation, when we add new cards, do some balance changes and player return after year of inactivity, will he be still fully competitive in PvP? His badge may say so...

Another example wave of new players someone reach high rank without meeting Radical (or other "PRO" player), some time later he get crushed by Radical (and other "PRO" players), his rank drop significantly (where it should be), but no one will see it and everyone will think he is on higher level, just because he played at different time.

Well, I see this cannot be solved the easy way.
But wouldn't it be doable to detach the badge from the rank position?
For example, if you once were 'Prime' but inactive for a month, you still were Prime but with position 100?
This feels more natural to me than the current situation.

It’s an interesting idea, but if it’s indefinitely it’s way too much. 

Now if there were supposed Ranked seasons(2-3months) then you could have something if that sort to show your highest rank in that person particular season.