Promo cards drop rate

Trihl

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's just make a list of all promo cards.
- Promo Construct and Promo Swamp Drake - we could get them for preordering in USA/Europe
- Promo Harvester, Promo Lyrish Knight, Promo Razorleaf, Promo Juggernaut - we could get them for preordering anywhere
- Promo Firedancer - we could get it for beta testing
- Promo Santa Claus - we could get it in special tome promotion during the 2009 Christmas season
- Promo Viridya, Promo Mo, Promo Grinder - rewards for refer a friend
- Promo Easter Egg - Reward for being online during Easter
- Fallen Skyelf - Reward for buying a graphic card / Dev was putting a lot of Fallen Skyelf promos on AH for 10k each

This list is missing Promo Rogan Kayle and Promo Ravenheart. I belive that one was given for beta testing the first expansion, but i am not sure which one.
@edit.
According to community Promo Rogan Kayle was also a reward for Refer a Friend.
Promo Ravenheart was given at certain day.
Unfortunatly I wasn't able to confirm those info :(

[quote='Aazrl' pid='2737' dateline='1435881618']
- Promo Construct and Promo Swamp Drake - we could get them for preordering in USA/Europe
- Promo Harvester, Promo Lyrish Knight, Promo Razorleaf, Promo Juggernaut - we could get them for preordering anywhere
- Promo Santa Claus - we could get it in special tome promotion during the 2009 Christmas season

This list is missing Promo Rogan Kayle and Promo Ravenheart. I belive that one was given for beta testing the first expansion, but i am not sure which one.
[/quote]

Neither, im pretty sure Rogan and Ravenheart came out later in the game, Ravenheart was given to players who made their accounts before a certain date, although it was pretty late date. There were some people I know that farmed Promo Ravenheart...

[quote='Ultrakool' pid='2755' dateline='1435903848']
[quote='Aazrl' pid='2737' dateline='1435881618']

[/quote]

Neither, im pretty sure Rogan and Ravenheart came out later in the game, Ravenheart was given to players who made their accounts before a certain date, although it was pretty late date. There were some people I know that farmed Promo Ravenheart...
[/quote]

Rogan was also by refering a friend if I remember correctly.
Ravenheart was given to every player at a certain day.

I don't know... I think they shouldn't be this rare so players wouldn't waste hours trying to find  adn buy them:/. I think u should be able to get from normal packs but with a droprate around 5% or lower. Just an opinion.

[quote='Groping' pid='3721' dateline='1436452986']
yeah promos are and should be something special so a droprate of 0,x% would be fine imo
[/quote]

Yeah. I think promos are not really needed in the game, since you can for example just buy x4 firedancers, upgrade to III and charge. It would be the same. I feel like promos is more of a way to show people how wealthy you are, or in case of a 0,x%, how lucky you are.
I wouldn't mind it having0,x% drop rate.

Lets be real here, making promos achievable only by taking place in tournaments and/or challenges AND winning them is a big no.
As stated by one of the staff (can't recall his name), promos will appear in boosters, with a low chance rate and will be achievable thru competitions.
Not all people have the same time zone, we won't all be available at the same time. There are a lot of variables will stop the idea you suggested.

I do agree with you Sykole. All players should have a possibility to collect all promos. However, I belive that droprate from boosters should be about 1% or lower. The player could try to drop them from booster or try to win in tournament, but making droprate higher would mean, that promos could not be reward for tournament (since it would be quite easy to drop them).

[quote='Aazrl' pid='3806' dateline='1436503655']
I do agree with you Sykole. All players should have a possibility to collect all promos. However, I belive that droprate from boosters should be about 1% or lower. The player could try to drop them from booster or try to win in tournament, but making droprate higher would mean, that promos could not be reward for tournament (since it would be quite easy to drop them).
[/quote]

What about some promos have a little higher droprate and some what lower droprate ? Everything would stay under 1% of course. But for example Swampdrake would be 0,1%, while viridya or rogan kayle would be 1%, construct 0,2% etc.... The more it costed, the lower the chance of getting it. I'm not sure if this is a good idea, but this might help price the promos. Tell me your thoughts about this o.o

[quote='Groping' pid='3825' dateline='1436524302']
yeah different prices would be good, but i would keep them under 1%. U guys can't imagine how much 1% is.
[/quote]

Of course under 1%, like I said in my previous post :P

[quote='ladadoos' pid='3820' dateline='1436524036']
[quote='Aazrl' pid='3806' dateline='1436503655']
[/quote]

What about some promos have a little higher droprate and some what lower droprate ? Everything would stay under 1% of course. But for example Swampdrake would be 0,1%, while viridya or rogan kayle would be 1%, construct 0,2% etc.... The more it costed, the lower the chance of getting it. I'm not sure if this is a good idea, but this might help price the promos. Tell me your thoughts about this o.o
[/quote]
Hmm... They will have different price, since some of them are more useful then others (for instance Firedancers and Juggernaut will cost more then Construct or Fallen Skyelf).

That is true. I'm also wondering about the prices of other cards.. I hope that they won't change too much, because as a trader I wouldn't want to " learn" the new prices again, but my guess is they will change because of boosters.