More randomness in rpve or change generated map settings from time to time

Emmaerzeh

Hi, 

I try make it short. If needed I'll explain more what I mean. 

I feel the rpve could be more random or varied. Rpve gets verry repetetive after some games. IMHO the biggest impact to the gameplay there is now in rpve  is what fraction the enemy is (lost souls are imba, but that's OK) and what bosses are on the map. The structure of the ways is always verry similar. For example in 4 Pl. Rpve level 9 player 1 +2  in 98% of the games come together at t3. 

Now in 4 Pl rpve l10 the split is mostly direct after t1. I remember a time when the structure of level 10 was different then phenomic changed it. I remember u had from t1 to t2  one way then a split in two ways with massive unit income from both ways. And came together at t4. 

I won't say the old structure was better. I just conclude from this that it's possible to change it.

Does Rpve work with the generate random map settings from the editor? I'm not verry familiar with the random map generator in the editor but I tryed it out one or two times and there is a lot of variety possible. 

Either you could make settings for random generated maps in general more random or you could change the setting every month or so. 

This would bring more fun and more variety. 

I hope I made clear what I mean. 

Kind regards 

Loriens and Flrbb like this

here is detailed list of all possibilities random maps can have.

Right now it is not a priority to improve game in that are, because stable servers are more important.

6 minutes ago, Karl Lavafeld said:

I just conclude from this that it's possible to change it.

They have the source code, with source code many things are easily possible, but we do not have their source code.

If editor allow generating random maps, then you can just generate them and play them if you want.

Emmaerzeh likes this

I feel like weird map seeds are way more common now. 

Back in the days i can only remember a single instance where the paths of 2 players combined before t3 ( on level 9 and 10). 

In the few months since playing again i can already remember 4 maps that had such seeds (including this month motm level 10).

I am not sure what changed though.

I would also like to make level 9 more challenging. I feel like considering its the 2nd hardest difficulty it is basically a joke, with maybe the exception of a couple lost souls maps. 

As proposed before (in a different thread that i am too lazy to search) a change regarding the actual difficulty of levels or maybe even the addition of 1-2 extra difficulties. 

@Karl Lavafeld the structure you describe was the old level 9 strcuture i believe. 10 was basically unchanged iirc. Would like the return of the old structure. I think it would tie in neatly with making level 9 a more challenging prospect.

Loriens likes this

I know it's not priority anyway I wanted to share the suggestion allready. 

Thx for the reply @Kubik. I had no insight what is possible for u and what not without Sourcecode. 

And I think I ll really little bit play around and get familiar with the random map generator more. Generate some maps and make a best of ramdom zip or something. Cause u need 4 pl to allready have the maps installed to play a 4 pl community map. 

@Treim I thought it was 10 but didn't remember 100% clear. I also think they changed rpve more then one time.

I also remember the times when u came into a ls base and there were about 9 of the eyes that kill your xl units instand. I made a Screenshot back in the days and posted it to the forum. (Some were unit wave some belonged to the base.)

So u walked in with 12 units and if u not cc they insta killed 9.... 

Kind regards