FPS are down to approx. 4 FPS independent of settings

Twinson

The title already states my issue and also in-game there a often freezes, partly quite Long for some seconds.

DirectX9 is installed (I am running Windows 10) and I don't believe it's my Hardware (Ryzen 5, 8GB RAM). Overall there is no real Performance differences, even if I use high or low grafic settings.

Are there similar experiences?

Edited by Twinson

I'm having this same problem. I've noticed that the forge is always smooth, but the problem seems to start whenever I'm in a match. Also, I've noticed that whenever it freezes it doesn't affect the camera. The timer and the actions in the game freeze, but the camera can still move freely.

I'm beginning to think the addition of the timer at the top right that counts up might be causing the problem though I don't know how. Before that timer was implemented, my game ran fine, but now the game and the timer seem to freeze every second or so. Of course there could be a number of things that might be causing this problem, but for some reason the timer at the top right stands out to me. If only there was an option to turn it off just to see if anything changes.

Thanks sharing similar experiences and fiki 574 seems to be the best possible Person to identifiy the root cause. Is there anything i can provide to support issue finding? I just  bought this laptop to move away from my 32-Bit Xp System to play this Game again, but now i cant. :/

I assummed that this was related to the harddisk somehow, since i seemed to be also related to certain „loaded“ animation. Therefore i move the game from my 1TB hdd to the 256Gb SSD, but this did not help. 

I reinstalled direct x 9 a Second Time, but also without improvement. 

It‘s really interessting that its not related to the graphic settings, therefore i assumed its something to do with the game engine as such. 

I am happy to change certain things, if needed please let ne know. 

My game would freeze once in a while doing rPVE and after waiting a few minutes the game would speed up and "catch up" to where it should be. In my case though the timer would also freeze and then catch up.

If I remember correctly the latency checker also freezes (hovering over shows nothing) but from what you're describing it's not your pc performance that's having issues. 

If this is happening all the time, jump into a single player game and reproduce the issue. As soon as it freezes either force close the game (Task Manager) or wait it out and close the game then provide the log file found under Documents/BattleForge/Diag/log.txt

Also do you feel your issue is similar to:

Edited by Astiliano

21 minutes ago, Astiliano said:

My game would freeze once in a while doing rPVE and after waiting a few minutes the game would speed up and "catch up" to where it should be. In my case though the timer would also freeze and then catch up.

If I remember correctly the latency checker also freezes (hovering over shows nothing) but from what you're describing it's not your pc performance that's having issues. 

If this is happening all the time, jump into a single player game and reproduce the issue. As soon as it freezes either force close the game (Task Manager) or wait it out and close the game then provide the log file found under Documents/BattleForge/Diag/log.txt

Also do you feel your issue is similar to:

My so far experience is just based on Single player, without any cards i will not fail in pve. 

I just re-tested in single Player, "City of hope" and there a really many kind of lags/freeze, often if any kind of animation or similar happens… I have terminated the game (Alt+F4) and I am happy to provide the log. Latest "lag was at in-game (City of hope) minute 3:25 for about 2-3 seconds. During this freeze the timer on top stopped and continued after Freeze/lag. Freeze does mean, the units are not moving, but i can slide through the game with the cursor without any issues. When Freeze ended Units are moving quickly to cover the lag period.

I do not think this issue is similar to the "crashes" issue you were referring too.

log.txt

For testing purposes, I just fully disabled any Sound, but this doesn't Change anything.

@Twinson

Awesome, and if would you mind helping me test something real quick?

Press your windows key, type 'cmd' and press enter. In the black box type 'powershell' and you should see something like 'PS C:\Users\Astiliano>'.

Once you do, copy and paste the following then press enter to run 'GetLog'. Provide the output here. This is not relevant to your issue but will help gather info for other folks.

function GetLog {
$log_path="$([Environment]::GetFolderPath("MyDocuments"))\BattleForge\Diag\log.txt"
if (Test-Path $log_path) {
Write-Output "`n`n`n`n ---------------------------`n"
Write-Output "Using log.txt from $log_path`n"

Write-Output "`t###First 30 Lines:"
Get-Content "$log_path" | select -First 30

Write-Output "`n`n`t###Last 200 Lines, searching for 'WARN', 'ERROR', 'DEBUG', and removing 'Not enough different creep entities' from results, getting uniques and showing last 15 error/warn types"
Get-Content "$log_path" | Select-String -Pattern 'ERROR|WARN|DEBUG' | Select-String -Pattern 'Not enough different creep entities' -NotMatch | Get-Unique -AsString | select -Last 15
} Else {
Write-Output "Unable to verify $log_path - make sure it exists"
}
}

GetLog

also let me know if you don't feel comfortable doing so

Edited by Astiliano

3 hours ago, Festmahl said:

@Twinson Did you try to change the following two values in your config.xml to look like this? 

maxshader=„768“ and screenaasamples=„0“

Cheers

Hi Thanks for the advice.

Maxshader was beforehand set to "0" and I tested with "768", "screenassamples was beforehand already "0".

Finally, there was no Change compared to maxshader "0". 

6 hours ago, Astiliano said:

@Twinson

Awesome, and if would you mind helping me test something real quick?

Press your windows key, type 'cmd' and press enter. In the black box type 'powershell' and you should see something like 'PS C:\Users\Astiliano>'.

Once you do, copy and paste the following then press enter to run 'GetLog'. Provide the output here. This is not relevant to your issue but will help gather info for other folks.

also let me know if you don't feel comfortable doing so

Hi,

I have briefly tested your PS and pasted a screen capture here.

logafterpowersheel.png

I just tested some Manual Adaption within the config file and finally can report some improvement (not perfect but already much better).

What I did was to Change dxdisable="6" to "0". Since SSOA is now enabled within the Settings menu, i was able to move to high and very high and both Settings do work more reliable, but when I changed back to disable it, the benchmark was at least 23FPS and average About 50-60FPS (max 120).

I do not really now what I did, but this seems to help somehow.

@ Admins any idea if this was a smart Change?

For an APU your ingame Benchmark framerates are fine.

Are you still having these framedrops during a single player campaign match? If yes, start eventvwr.msc out of the Run function (Win+R), goto system protocols and filter for errors, warnings etc., those which are important. Watch out for the timestamp when your framedrops happened. Maybe something in your system is broken.

Maybe also check your associated virtual RAM (virtueller Arbeitsspeicher). Normally it‘s controlled by Windows automatically. Change it manually to e.g. 8GB onto a SSD, save, try, if nothing changes put it pack to previous state.

Cheers

I just changed the vRAM to 8 GB as you had just suggested and will do some Tests.

What I did was also to install "CrystalDiskInfo" as my HDD were the game is installed often moved into snooze after view seconds of no usage. Now it's set to Performance and therefore running permanently.

Edited by Twinson

Finally, I reverted the vRAM, there was no Change.

I have to report that since I changed the before mentioned Setting, I am somehow "ok" how it's working currently. I don't want to call it solved, but good enough to close this item. Thanks for all being involved.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use