Game won't start after new update

Basillic

I tried disabling read only on the documents folder, reinstalling the folder, removing uac.exe, trying the video to check for missing or corrupt files (which i had none of).

different message that says 'Access Denied'

Edit: After each failed run Bforge updater removed itself, I tried reinstalling and running it as administrator with AV of, it worked again.
Is there a way to run the game without administrator access and AV on?

log.txt

Edited by Basillic

4 hours ago, Basillic said:

After each failed run Bforge updater removed itself, I tried reinstalling and running it as administrator with AV of, it worked again.

This sounds like an AntiVirus issue. Try whitelisting BattleForgeUpdater in your antivirus. Also remember if you're running windows 10 there is 'Windows Defender' you might need to keep an eye out for.

4 hours ago, Basillic said:

removing uac.exe

I suggest not messing with uac.exe, if you want to disable it completely (which I don't recommend) you can do so in the control panel

5 hours ago, Astiliano said:

I suggest not messing with uac.exe, if you want to disable it completely (which I don't recommend) you can do so in the control panel

UAC.exe isn't Windows UAC. The Patcher was formerly named UAC.exe which was a mistake by InsaneHawk since he didn't know that the Windows security functions are also named UAC. So it is ok that he removed it since it isn't used anymore.

10 hours ago, Basillic said:

Is there a way to run the game without administrator access and AV on?

Due to the fact that users sometimes install the software in Program Files we have to start it as administrator. Otherwise the Updater wouldn't be able to write into those directories to make some updates. But if we could start it without administrative privileges, the Launcher would then need it since it needs to modify the actual game client.

I've got new issues now, on startup I get this message with AV being offline.

help.png

On 2/18/2019 at 6:02 PM, Astiliano said:

This sounds like an AntiVirus issue. Try whitelisting BattleForgeUpdater in your antivirus. Also remember if you're running windows 10 there is 'Windows Defender' you might need to keep an eye out for.

I have windows 10, what exactly do i need to check for within windows defender?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use