Marketplace

Savage

I have a question regarding marketplace.

Say I want to sell a card for 799. I set up a starting bid at 761 since I figured that AH adds 5% at every bid. So, when I do that I can see my action as 761 current bid and 799 buyout.

Then, if I search for the card it says 799 bid, 799 buyout, 761 current. All legit. But then I get a message that my card was sold for 762.

I have a feeling that this happened a few times already, but I can never say that I am 100% certain of it. Am I tripping? Is there a bug? Did I get the system wrong?

@Savage One thing you have to keep in mind is that the bid is an input field and therefore changeable. If I remember correctly the only thing the 5% does is just add a standard value to the input field, which is 5% higher. So if there's a card for 100 current bid then the enter bid field will be 105 but you can change it to 101 and bid 101.

Savage likes this

5 minutes ago, Ladadoos said:

@Savage One thing you have to keep in mind is that the bid is an input field and therefore changeable. If I remember correctly the only thing the 5% does is just add a standard value to the input field, which is 5% higher. So if there's a card for 100 current bid then the enter bid field will be 105 but you can change it to 101 and bid 101.

Hahahaha... You gotta be kidding me :D
I see now ingame that it is possible to change value. Dafuq? Why?
This means that I cannot choose how to create my own auction? I want start bid and buyout to be the same, but if I put starting bit just 1 bfp lower, then the default will be too high and the sorting order might place my auction somewhere down under :D
This is just plain terrible... Great job EA, as always...

Thanks Ladadoos :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use