Reconnecting to ongoing game

SadPotato

I just want to ask the dev team if there is any chance to implement some way of returning to the ongoing multiplayer game after disconnect. Or is the game hardcoded that once you are disconnected from the game there is no way to return to your fellow skylords on the fields of battle?

it is not possible because:

• is is hardcoded :P 
  • once you disconnect all your units are killed, build destroyed, including monuments
  • there is no "game state" for "now" only map and list of steps that players did, based on how fast you can run the replays that fast you would be in theory able to replay match from start to "now". so if we would pause game and wait 2 minutes for you to reconnect, 5 minutes for you to load map and 10 minutes to catch up, would mean that "fellow skylords" would need to wait 17 minutes.

I hope I again explained enough why it is not possible.

Thank you for quick reply,

so Phenomic were making the game with all this in mind, so that seems like they never even considered match reconnecting to be implemented in the future. Thats really a pity because disconnects happen in all online games, especially here when 4 players must be constantly connected for an hour to complete some difficult maps. Nothing is more discouraging like being disconnected by the end of really difficult map getting nothing as reward. (or even make your friends lose because of it) Being able to hop up back in the match (like in moba games) would be really sweet.

But my hopes were crashed :D at least I know for sure now :) thank you!

This way have also positives: (some more important at time of release, but all still valid now)

• this way it decrease amount of data transferred by 90+%, would your internet connection at the time able to handle 10-100 times more?
  • less data transferred -> smaller chance to disconnect
  • less data transferred -> cost less
  • replay can contain everything and be supper small

and it is really about the option. imagine reconnect would be possible and the game would freeze only for the loading times (7 minutes), would you like to wait that long for someone who disconnect? Just imagine how limiting it would be to just wait.