Incentivise healthy farming for gold

indubitablement

At the time of writing this, there are 3 main ways to farm gold:

• If you don't have friends: Grind 4 players rpve with strangers. Average 20 000 gold/hour.
  • If you don't have friends and hate yourself: Grind "The soultree" over and over again. Average 22 000 gold/hour.
  • If you have a friend or more: Grind the same cpve map (usualy "The gun of lyr" or "Bad harvest") over and over again. Average 40 000 gold/hour.

The reasons why this is:

1. Playing with stranger is a gamble. They might not know how to play the map and might not have the upgrades the map grant, thus reducing the reward at the end.
  2. Playing different cpve map is disincentivized, as you often have to buy and upgrade a different deck for each. As well as learn each map.
  3. Most cpve map don't have a good enough reward. Best farming gold per hour rate by DJ_Blyatman.

My suggestions:

1) When winning a cpve map, each player gain the gold from the upgrades. Even if the upgrades are not duplicate.

Pros:
-Incentivise playing different maps, as the reward is bigger the less time you have played the map. (You gain both gold and upgrade early on, but only gold latter on.)
-Doesn't decentivise playing with new player that don't have all the upgrades already.
-Reward is more equal between players. No more one player gain Havester u3 while everyone else gain pocket change.
-Easy to implement.
Cons:
-

2) Two cpve maps of week with 25% gold boost. One for a random 2 or 4 players map and one for a random single player map.

Pros:
-Incentivise playing different maps, but not always the one you want to play.
-Merge the community on the maps of the week. (Faster to find a group.)
Cons:
-Unnecessary work, if suggestion #1 is implemented.

Edited by indubitablement

did you consider rPvE?, or PvP? :thinking:

I do not like that people "farm" gold at all :P so if it would be only my decision I would decrease disenchant rewards by about 90% :P

"-Easy to implement." how you come to this conclusion? :thinking:

#1 I read it as double the rewards for cPvE :thinking: am I correct? if yes, then my answer is no :P they are too high already.

#2 25% gold boost :thinking: they do not give any gold yet? so you probably mean increase the disenchant rewards on that map. Even thou I generally like the idea of map of the week, I do not like increasing already too high rewards.

1 hour ago, Kubik said:

did you consider rPvE?, or PvP? :thinking:

Of course. Rpve is the best way to farm gold, if you don't have a friend to do cpve speedrun. Pvp only give pocket change.

• Rpve 20 000 gold/hour.
  • Cpve speedrun 40 000 gold/hour.
  • Ranked pvp 3 000 gold/hour, if you are Radicalx and have 100% win rate. 2 250 gold/hour with 50% win rate.
1 hour ago, Kubik said:

"-Easy to implement." how you come to this conclusion? :thinking:

Tldr: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Right now, I assume we have something like this: "convert x card (Enlightenment) to y gold (3500 gold) when z condition is met (player who got the upgrade already has it)". The way I see it, you would only have to remove the condition to give gold all the times. But, this is just a wild guess and you know way more than me on how hard it is to implement.

1 hour ago, Kubik said:

#1 I read it as double the rewards for cPvE :thinking: am I correct? if yes, then my answer is no :P they are too high already.

It would only double the reward for the first few times you complete the map. Keep in mind that doing multiple different cpve map will require multiple upgraded decks and learning multiple strategy to complete the map in a reasonable time.

If you think cpve give too much gold, you can still implement my suggestion, but lower the disenchant reward of upgrades. I agree that cpve is by far the best place to farm gold, but only if you have friends to speedrun one of the 4 maps that reward up to 90 000 gold/hour. Most cpve map reward is on par or lower than rpve 9. For the majority of people, cpve isn't efficient to farm for upgrades/gold. It's only there to have fun and aint nobody got time for that. For example, when I do casual 20-30 minutes Bad harvest expert with strangers, I can expect 2 000 gold. I could've done 9 500 gold in that time with rpve.

The big issue I have with cpve is that new player not only make the map harder/slower(I'm fine with that. I like a challenge.), but also decrease the reward at the end. You can carry 3 new players that have lvl 10 decks on bad harvest expert, but don't expect more than 1000 gold at the end.

Btw, I really appreciate what you've done with battleforge. I'm only arguing because I think it could be even better.:)

I am not sure if I BF will survive or crash if the upgrade will be disenchanted while player do not have it. (With EA's code around nothing is easy to implement)

How you came to "Ranked pvp 3 000 gold/hour" with 100% lose rate I think I can get over that :P

MrXLink decide the rewards, and now when many have everything I do not think it would change much if we would try add balancing changes, so I ignore gold for now :P

I was just very bored at work, so I was responding to many topics.