Best farming gold per hour rate

indubitablement

From first to fourth row:

1. Gold/hour, if all players already have the upgrades. Doesn't include chests.
  2. Average gold per match. Single player map give 2 cards and multiplayer map give 4 cards, unless done solo.
  3. Average time per match. Based on the faster speedrun plus 2 minutes, unless the map is on a set timer.
  4. Degree of difficulty. Based on my experience of the speedrun I have tried.

2019-02-05_14-35-10.thumb.png.cbda7436fe35a5f2bac2090c38ebf156.png
Spreadsheet format in the source below.

[gold per hour] = [average gold per expert match from disenchant] * 60 / [fastest speedrun afaik] + 2

Ranked PvP
3000 - Gold/hour
500 - Average gold per match
10 - Average time per match
Hard - Degree of difficulty

Edit:
The Guns of Lyr = Medium (Very good farming spot)

King of the Giants = Easy
Sunbridge = Easy (Decent gold if you can't do The Guns of Lyr)

Sources:

Edited by indubitablement
Xientie, RadicalX and Navarr like this

• 1 year later...

Kubik,

So here it is - 253 gold reward for the Soul Tree on Standard which lasted around 20 minutes.

150 gold was from upgrade conversion (it would have been 50 gold for common card upgrade) and the rest 103 gold was from 3 gold chests.

As you can see, the reward I got is not even remotely close to the numbers in the reward table you posted.

My guess is that Advanced and Expert give much more gold, but in order to play these higher difficulties we need more upgrades which we can only get with gold which we don't get enough of when playing lower difficulty level.

It's a catch 22.

Standard campaign should give much more gold than what it is giving now.

I hope the developers can increase the amount of gold reward for Standard difficulty to match the numbers in the posted table.

BattleForge - SoulTree Gold Reward.gif

Here is a better screenshot.

BattleForge - SoulTree Gold Reward.gif

1 hour ago, Kubik said:

@LEBOVIN Do you have replay or video how to win an expert map with tutorial deck?

Lebovin posted a few videos in this link:

I plan to watch it tomorrow and try the strategies myself (it's 2:40 AM in the US right now)

But that is besides the point.

Must we play only Expert level to win a great deal of gold?

What about beginners? how will they earn gold?

After all, we cannot expect them to start playing Expert right away, right?

So, it will be nice to be able to earn more gold in standard and Advanced difficulties. 

I am just giving you my feedback.

Please see what you can do about that.

oh ok I did not open them all, 1 of them maybe use tutorial deck, the others (that I opened do not)

I am not saying it is well balanced!

But by playing Standard you will get first upgrades, disenchanting these should give you enough gold to get another first upgrades.

What would be the reason to play Expert difficulty if you would get more gold on Standard difficulty?

I agree that Expert should give more gold than standard.

3 times more sounds reasonable to me.

So let say Expert gives us 10,000 gold, then I would say that 3000 gold for standard is reasonable, but 300 is not.

The difference shouldn't be so huge.

it is in corelation with upgrade cost U1 cost almost nothing compared to U3. (I do not think these prices are balanced either)

That table say ~2000-10000 gold per match.

Problem is that the times for that are from 3 to 20 minutes, but standard difficulty matchech take on average over an hour. Wich is funny, because Expert take under an hour on average. Which represents more the huge gap between players, than the difficulty of the maps.

In my opinion Standard difficulty should not allow you to easily aquire U3 upgrades.

The 332 is only gold you received from the chests. You received upgrade cards, wich have a disenchant value :

• Infect II: 950
  • Dying Breed II:  450
  • Sunken Temple II:  300
  • Treefiend II: 300

So in total you actually would have got 2332 gold for that match if you had disenchanted all upgrades into gold.

Edited by LEBOVIN
was on advanced

This is a 2 player game, so I got just two cards.

I also noticed that when upgrades are converted to gold (because I already have that upgrade) the amount of gold being rewarded is only one third of the gold cost to upgrade that card (e.g. 50 gold for level 1 common card which is valued at 150).

Am I wrong?

If so, I would be glad to monitor that and post screen shots for such cases.

2 hours ago, Kubik said:

why that should be more reasonable? So you can play only 1 map to get gold, and then buy all upgrades, instead of playing different maps to get upgrades?

Playing only one map is boring.

No, I was referring to all maps.

All maps should have the same rules for upgrade to gold conversion.

IMO, the conversion should give gold amount that is close to the actual gold value of the upgrade.

For example level 1 common upgrade that is valued at 125 should be converted to 100 gold (instead of 50), and that rule applies to all maps.

That would be my feedback as a player.

1 hour ago, LEBOVIN said:

But if all disenchanted u still get the gold for all 4 :)

What are the chances for that to happen?

Edited by macabi

so you would multiply the numbers in the picture from the firs post by ~3-4?

When you start the map as leader of the group you chose reward distribution mode (Random, need/greed, assign)

If you play alone and have all upgraded the chance is 100%, in other cases it is bit harder to compute because:
if you play alone you get 2 upgrades, otherwise 4
each map drip different upgrades
in random mode upgrades are assigned to players, if the player already have the upgrade it is dissenchanted to gold
in need/greed players "vote" how much they want each upgrade, based on these upgrade is given to someone, if he already have it is is dissenchanted to gold, if no one want it, it is dissenchanted to gold
in assign mode one player decide who will get the upgrade, or dissenchant it to gold

39 minutes ago, Kubik said:

so you would multiply the numbers in the picture from the firs post by ~3-4?

When you start the map as leader of the group you chose reward distribution mode (Random, need/greed, assign)

If you play alone and have all upgraded the chance is 100%, in other cases it is bit harder to compute because:
if you play alone you get 2 upgrades, otherwise 4
each map drip different upgrades
in random mode upgrades are assigned to players, if the player already have the upgrade it is dissenchanted to gold
in need/greed players "vote" how much they want each upgrade, based on these upgrade is given to someone, if he already have it is is dissenchanted to gold, if no one want it, it is dissenchanted to gold
in assign mode one player decide who will get the upgrade, or dissenchant it to gold

Kubik,

You made a good point.

Perhaps a simpler approach would be to give a fix amount of gold per upgrade (regardless if it is common, or rare and so on) if the player already has that upgrade or if he chooses not to have that upgrade.

It could be 400 gold per upgrade for level 1, 1200 for level 2 and then level 3 gives the most as you see fit.

If you think that is too much gold then you can adjust it to what you think is right.

It would make maps more equally attractive for gold farming. Although the spend time / general difficulty of that map ofc still varies.

Attached I made an overview about gold (without guarantee):

image.thumb.png.d53da38d5d3ba95db6d50df4c5cbd03c.png

Edited by LEBOVIN