Voidimanipulation

Th3S0uL

Hey boys and girls,

reading this forum is very informative and fun.

I often read about voidmanipulation and I don't know exactly how it works. I understand the sense of manipulate the void power but the way I have to play it, is not clear at all.

Can someone give me a quick introduction how I play it? Maybe with some variations?

Thank you :)

Hey man!

There is a void pool when ever a unit dies, you play a spell or a building of your own gets destroyed.
The void power in the pool gets slowly back into your energy pool by its own. But there are many other ways to get the void pool empty faster.

So, there are some different ways to manipulate your void:

Fire:
Simplest and easiest way to get your void back is with Shrine of War (SOW). Its a T3 building with 1 fire and 2 natural orbs in it. Build it, then it needs to load 1 minute and then you can activate it for 30 seconds and another 30 seconds to reload. While activated every time an enemy unit dies, it gets you some % of your void pool back into your energy pool. Build 2 of them and you can activiate it 24/7. It works for your whole team. Easiest way.

Shadow: (needs a little bit of micro, but not much)
Shadow's way to do it requiers 2 different cards. Fournace of Flesh (T2 shadow building, called FOF) and Cultist Master (T3 shadow unit). While activating Cultist Master you spawn (depends on your upgrade) 1-3 Nightcrawler already frenzied. After X seconds (or you can kill them by your own) the unit dies and the Fournace of Flesh will suck the corps. Which gives you void power back into energy pool. Also units you dont need, you can kill them next to your FOF, so you get the void power immediately back. Works only for you, except someone builts a FOF right next to yours. ;-)

Nature:
Nature's way is as simple as Fire ones. The building is called Shrine of Memory (SOM) and is a T2 pure Nature card. When built up, you need to wait 1 min to load and then you can activate it for 40 seconds. You then have a 20 seconds overlay with your 2nd SOM, thats why some people only get 1 up and just wait the 20 seconds reload time. Difference to fire's SOW is, that your void energy gets 200% faster into your energy pool then normally. Its not that good then SOW and only works for your own void pool. But better then nothing and a must have in every pure nature deck.

Frost:
Frost doesnt have a way to manipulate void into your energy pool. That's one of the reasons why its the hardest (imo) pure deck to play (also it doesnt have any heals where the others pure decks at least have 1 heal). The only building who needs void energy is Shrine of Martyrs. It does a shield, 400% of your current void power, over all your units, which sucks 50% of the damage. I didnt played that card at any stage, so I don't know how good it is. Maybe I will take it into my pure frost deck, once I have one.

Hope I could help you and let me know if you got any questions.

Cheers, DNY

Loriens likes this

I think its 80% from the original costs. But could also be 90%. Maybe @Treim can give an answer which is 100% correct.

Units and buildings are bound power you cant use once you played it. Spell's power goes immediately to your void, that's why I like to have alot of spells and less units/buildings in my decks. My decks have at maximum 5-6 Units in it and at least 10-15 spells to use.

90% for destroyed buildigs/units, used spells and monuments that are destroyed before they are finished building.

100% for used abilities of buildings/units

0% for destroyed wells and fully build monuments

The Cultist Master has an ability that spawns little Night Crawlers(which don‘t cost any power). Furnace of Flesh uses their max HP when they die to get your power back from the void pool.

You do NOT kill the Cultist Masters, they are a permanent investment and stay on the field for whole game. that is worth because they basically allow you access to huge amounts of power by constantly cycling power through your power pools 

Use spells -> void power pool goes up/ useable power pool goes down -> Use Cultist Master + FoF combo ->  void power goes down/ useable power pool goes up. If you do this constantly you can spam spells like crazy even if you only have max 150 or 200 power in your useable power pool. Because you recycle it all the time so you can cast spells with a total value of double/triple/quadruple of that amount.

Also you almost never have any void power/ unuseable power in the system. Generally that is (depending on game state) around 150-600 unuseable power.

Considering that you basically pay off thr Cultist Masters + FoF combo (255 power) with your first activation of it - everything after that is essentially extra power you gain

Edited by Treim

6 hours ago, Treim said:

90% for destroyed buildigs/units, used spells and monuments that are destroyed before they are finished building.

0% for destroyed wells and fully build monuments

Wasn't it only a 100 power permanently lost for wells & monuments?

Pretty sure you loose all the power. as you tend to build them up again for 100 power that is your net loss as the other power is bound permanently anyways ( as you don‘t destroy monuments without the intention of rebuilding them instantly). Essentially you bind an extra 100 power to that monument. 

That‘s at least my understanding of it. Correct me if I‘m wrong,but i don‘t think any power from the monument or destroyed wells goes back into the void or the usrable power pool upon destruction (except when a monument still in buildjng process is destroyed)

1 hour ago, Kaliber84 said:

Wasn't it only a 100 power permanently lost for wells & monuments?

1 hour ago, Treim said:

Pretty sure you loose all the power. as you tend to build them up again for 100 power that is your net loss as the other power is bound permanently anyways ( as you don‘t destroy monuments without the intention of rebuilding them instantly). Essentially you bind an extra 100 power to that monument. 

That‘s at least my understanding of it. Correct me if I‘m wrong,but i don‘t think any power from the monument or destroyed wells goes back into the void or the usrable power pool upon destruction (except when a monument still in buildjng process is destroyed)

Yes and no....

There is an initial power cost of 100.  However it gives power.  So it will refund the 100 power over time and then some.  This is why power wells are targeted in PvP.  If you can bring a well down before it refunds the power the patient has a permanent power loss.  If it goes for a while it will pay for itself.  It is only a net loss if the player rebuilds it then the process starts again.

22 minutes ago, Darian DelFord said:

Yes and no....

There is an initial power cost of 100.  However it gives power.  So it will refund the 100 power over time and then some.  This is why power wells are targeted in PvP.  If you can bring a well down before it refunds the power the patient has a permanent power loss.  If it goes for a while it will pay for itself.  It is only a net loss if the player rebuilds it then the process starts again.

Well obviously.

9 hours ago, Treim said:

If you destroy your monument before it finishes building you gain 75 energy instantly but 25e are lost. In case of the monument actually getting destroyed while building I think you lose 100% of the energy. Unit/building abilities only refund 90% of energy cost as long as they arent toggles. E.g. Defender ability is 100% back to void and nomad spear is 90%.

Edited by Hirooo
Treim and Ggoblin like this

Ah happens to rarely to me that something destroys my orb mid building except myself. Thanks for clarification there. Not sure about th exact numbers 75 25 might be correct as well. 

Hmm interesting. Didn‘t actually know that only toggle refund 100%.

75/25 is indeed correct, I've tested it multiple times in pve. That being said I wonder if destroying your own monument that is under construction WHILE being attacked would refund power. Hopefully not since that would be punishing to the attacker.

Also wonder if there's anything other than repair and toogles that refund 100%.

2 hours ago, Ggoblin said:

75/25 is indeed correct, I've tested it multiple times in pve. That being said I wonder if destroying your own monument that is under construction WHILE being attacked would refund power. Hopefully not since that would be punishing to the attacker.

It does refund the poiwer

14 hours ago, Ggoblin said:

Unit abilities refund 100%

44 minutes ago, darklionking said:

only switching weapons/state of the unit costs refund 100% (defenders, ghostspears, spearmen etc.) . All other unit abilities like attacking abilities (f.e. nomads) and unit switching (nightguard, parasite swarm) refund 90 %

Yeah thats what I meant by abilities.  I consider everything else to be a spell for a unit