Advice on laptop purchase

DracoCesar

Good day skylords,

Long have I played the game back in the day, and I can't wait to get back it.

I myself use a beautiful macbook, after several attempts I have concluded that getting BF to work isn't really happening. 

Now I found a cheap - used - chromebook, that seems to have the required specs. I would love some feedback whether this would run BF or not! 

Intel® Celeron® N2840 Processor with Intel HD Graphics (2,16 GHz, 1 MB cache, 2 cores)

2 GB 1333MHz DDR3L SDRAM (build in)

32 GB eMMC

Including Windows 8.1 64 bits (preinstalled)

remember, I would just use it for this beautiful game.

Please let me know what you think!

Erik

The problem is the GPU. I dont know how it compares to the usual Intel HD Graphics so I cant tell you for sure.

At least I played the game once at EA times with 1,6Ghz, 4GB RAM and an Intel HD 3000. It worked but I had to use the lowest possible graphics settings. So I think it might work but you probably will have to decrease the details a lot.

Also I wouldnt pay much for such a (especially used) notebook. I wouldnt pay anything above 100€ to be honest and even this would be to much for my opinion.

What about Bootcamp?

Edited by Kilian Dermoth

Yes you will most definitely be able to run the game on that laptop. But as mentioned earlier the graphics card will most likely make it necessary to drop the quality to low specs. Intel HD Graphics were never a good choice for games and only became somewhat decent in the last ~3 years. An old one might not be on par with the recommended graphics cards.
Check out this website for the minimum and recommended system requirements.
https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/battleforge/10833

A good way to find out if the laptop you're opting to buy can run the game is to look for the year that the laptop was released. Anything released >3 years after Battleforge (2012 or later) should have sufficient power to run the game. If you want to play at high specs then you should make sure to get a separate graphics card (not onboard) with the recommended 256MB RAM (this is not the usual RAM but the one inside the graphics card).

Good luck