Razorleaf and Root Network

MajorTom

Hey there,

i want to use a Razorleaf with only Living Towers and some Root Nexus in my Root Network.

So the Question is: How many Living Towers do i need for maximum Performance?

In another Thread i saw 11 passive Units and 1 active Unit, but this information may be old because of the Nerfs in 2010-12.

i already know that the Living Towers must be passive, so out of range of Enemies.

On the Razorleaf and Living Tower you can see:

Linked Fire
Up to 3 entities connected to the root network support each other enabling more powerful attacks.

On both you can bring it to 6 entities in U3.

So if i build 6x U3 Razorleafs and 6x U3 Living Towers this is the maximum i get?

Adding a 7th Living Tower or Razorleaf has no value?

What happens if 2 Razorleafs shoot at the same time? Only one get the Buffs?

Thanks in advance

As far as I know the supporting units/buildings split up on the active units. So for 6 Razorleafs you would need a total amount of 36 passive Living towers to get the maximum buff (not really worth it, 1-2 Razorleafs are enough for most scenarios).

Further i would recommend you to use Treespirits as they give a better transition out of the t1, can move, are cheaper and they can be used with breeding grounds to make them even cheaper in t2 (for living towers it would be good to have a partner which has access to construction hut).

Another good support is this t3 portal (red affinity) to give an extra damage boost and to give the razor leaf a good healing, but you also have to calculate it in on the active units side.

MajorTom likes this

For a fully powered Root Network, it is a 6:1 ratio if you have a fully upgraded root anything.  The nerf you are referring to was a reduction from a 9:1 ratio and the radius in which root networks can root to each other.  I believe the reduction was 10 meters. 

The advantage of using more than 6 supporting units/structures for a root network is the ability to spread it with a few active units.

MajorTom likes this

On 1/10/2019 at 12:00 PM, darklionking said:

Further i would recommend you to use Treespirits as they give a better transition out of the t1, can move, are cheaper and they can be used with breeding grounds to make them even cheaper in t2 (for living towers it would be good to have a partner which has access to construction hut).

Another good support is this t3 portal (red affinity) to give an extra damage boost and to give the razor leaf a good healing, but you also have to calculate it in on the active units side.

Thanks for your tips, using both now!

Just as info for other players:

If you need a big army late game you must swap the Treespirits with towers as they block your max unit size.

In that case you better build towers directly.

On 1/10/2019 at 6:00 AM, darklionking said:

As far as I know the supporting units/buildings split up on the active units. So for 6 Razorleafs you would need a total amount of 36 passive Living towers to get the maximum buff (not really worth it, 1-2 Razorleafs are enough for most scenarios).

I would recommend Root nexus for the healing and damage reduction, further more if you have a splash of frost you can also use the disco ball of healing (Crystal Fiend) that the Stonekin have at T2, which stacks its damage reduction with the root nexus.  The problem with Slvan gate, is when its using its ability it detracts from the power of the Razorleaf.  For an extra 20 power you get Damage reduction and healing.  Yes, the damage increase is not there, however the RL is almost unkillable.

5 hours ago, Major Tom said:

Thanks for your tips, using both now!

Just as info for other players:

If you need a big army late game you must swap the Treespirits with towers as they block your max unit size.

In that case you better build towers directly.

While this is true, honestly it would be better to use Tier 4 units for late game.  For Nature Colossus, Giant Wyrms and Swamp Drakes are all you really need end game, for rPvE rank 10.  For that matter most expert maps can be completed in the same fashion. 

Edited by Darian DelFord

54 minutes ago, Darian DelFord said:

I would recommend Root nexus for the healing and damage reduction, further more if you have a splash of frost you can also use the disco ball of healing (Crystal Fiend) that the Stonekin have at T2, which stacks its damage reduction with the root nexus.  The problem with Slvan gate, is when its using its ability it detracts from the power of the Razorleaf.  For an extra 20 power you get damage reduction and healing.  Yes, the damage increase is not there, however the RL is almost unkillable.

I am one of those security guys:

using Razorleaf front, both Root Nexus directly behind, followed by Heading Gardens and Sylvan Gate.

If there is space i drop a Hammerfall (blue) for the shield too.

Now it is unkillable ;)

I think my intention regarding late game was not clear:

I like to use 12x T4 for the endgame and the Treespirits interfere because of the unit limit.

So i either have a partner for the T4 rush, or i must kill the Treespirits and build Living Towers instead.

In that case i better build Living Towers directly.

On 1/14/2019 at 8:45 AM, Major Tom said:

I am one of those security guys:

using Razorleaf front, both Root Nexus directly behind, followed by Heading Gardens and Sylvan Gate.

If there is space i drop a Hammerfall (blue) for the shield too.

Now it is unkillable ;)

I think my intention regarding late game was not clear:

I like to use 12x T4 for the endgame and the Treespirits interfere because of the unit limit.

So i either have a partner for the T4 rush, or i must kill the Treespirits and build Living Towers instead.

In that case i better build Living Towers directly.

Aye, Personally I use 4 Melee T4 (Collossus or FOrest Elder) 6 Wyrms and 1 Razor leaf backed with Tree spirits and maybe a living tower.  Reason being, is tree spirits are mobile and can almost instantly buff the RL once the nexus is down.  This is great to set up as your units are going into a Level 9 or 10 Base.  The AE from the RL will just knock out all the little stuff allowing your T4's to concentrate on what they need to. 

I will never forgive Phenomic for the Razorleaf nerf they did a back when they nerfed the root network

Edited by Darian DelFord