Another way to get upgrades

Th3S0uL

Hey community,
I have some ideas of improving the way we get our cardupgrades.

The fact we just get them by preying to rngesus and doing the same map time and time again, is quite exhausting.

Don't get me wrong, I love playing the maps in different ways, but if a random teampartner getting the upgrade you need after playing the map for a bunch of time if annoying af.

So my suggestion.

Implant a "map currency" we know from mmorpgs.

An example:
You want to upgrade your lovely juggernaut. For that you need Titans on easy and Dwarven riddle on adv. and exp., right?

So for each time you play the map you get a little amount of the related currency. Let's say 10 pieces. For upgrading the juggernaut you need 100 for the first tier, 200 for the second and 300 for the last.
If you play the maps you may get it from a luckdrop, but you guaranteed get it after the 10/20/30 time you play the map.

Another way of doing this, is to need a number of different map currencies. So you craft your upgrades by "farming" currencies of different maps.

What do you think of this suggestion?

44 minutes ago, Th3S0uL said:

Hey community,
I have some ideas of improving the way we get our cardupgrades.

The fact we just get them by preying to rngesus and doing the same map time and time again, is quite exhausting.

Don't get me wrong, I love playing the maps in different ways, but if a random teampartner getting the upgrade you need after playing the map for a bunch of time if annoying af.

So my suggestion.

Implant a "map currency" we know from mmorpgs.

An example:
You want to upgrade your lovely juggernaut. For that you need Titans on easy and Dwarven riddle on adv. and exp., right?

So for each time you play the map you get a little amount of the related currency. Let's say 10 pieces. For upgrading the juggernaut you need 100 for the first tier, 200 for the second and 300 for the last.
If you play the maps you may get it from a luckdrop, but you guaranteed get it after the 10/20/30 time you play the map.

Another way of doing this, is to need a number of different map currencies. So you craft your upgrades by "farming" currencies of different maps.

What do you think of this suggestion?

We essentially have that with gold. You can always buy your upgrades with gold ingame instead of grinding out the maps for upgrade drops.

What does it really matter what currency you use for it as long as the progression speed is similar. Sure its not a unique currency to PvE maps as you can also get it in rPvE and PvP it is however a solid and relatively easy to implement solution that also makes balancing rewards and progression easier than introducing a 3rd currency (as was the case with tokens).

Edited by Treim
RadicalX likes this

• 5 weeks later...