Card Database Duplication for PvE and PvP

Darian DelFord

I can nay remember the answer to this question so will ask.

Is it possible to duplicate the card database?

I ask for this reason.  One thing that destroys RTS games which have a PvE and a PvP using the same materials is they can vary in mileage greatly depending on which you play.

If you make a PvP change in the name of balance, it can royally screw the card in PvE.  So is it possible to duplicate the database then somehow make changes to the PvP database which would not affect the PvE database.  I am sure it is not an easy change.  But in the long run, may be the easiest way to bring balance changes that does unintentionally affect one or the other.

Edited by Darian DelFord
Loriens likes this

PvE is way less dependent of balance between factions. So balance t1,t2 and t3 should focus on PvP, while the balance of t4 should focus on pve (but keep an eye out to don't create easy win options for (2v2) PvP). It also would be very confusing if the same card would react differently in PvP than PvE on top of upgrade differences.

46 minutes ago, MephistoRoss said:

PvE is way less dependent of balance between factions. So balance t1,t2 and t3 should focus on PvP, while the balance of t4 should focus on pve (but keep an eye out to don't create easy win options for (2v2) PvP). It also would be very confusing if the same card would react differently in PvP than PvE on top of upgrade differences.

I agree that most balance decisions are based on PvP.  If it was strictly a PvE vs a PvP problem, then it would not be to much of a big deal.  For me personally the biggest nerf from PvP that resulted in a HUGE PvE change was the way the root network was done.  However PvP is multifaceted it has 1v1, 2v2 and 4v4.  The problem with balance will revolve around 2v2 and 4v4.  Which will trickle down into the 1v1 and the PvE realms. 

So long as the changes are noted on the Forums I do not think most people would have a problem with it.  I agree that some cards seriously need to be looked at even on the nature side.  However BF has always chased its tail when it comes to balance, because 1 card can be used in 5 different ways.  The only way to really make sure a card change will not have unintended consequences is to make sure the change only effects the mode that the change is meant for.