I Need your help! [Need replay files]

Maxxxel

Hey guys, im writing a little website to upload/download replays (and many more later on).

To make the process of uploading replays more easier, all the neccessary data will be pulled of the *.pmv file automatically on upload. I already implemented the read of the file and i can pull all the infos :rage: (was a long task tho, 3 days). As the maps have names like

".\\bf1\\map\\PVE\\11105_PvE_01p_EncountersWithTwilight.map"

i need to manually assign those names to the final map name in database "Encounters With Twilight". Also i want to add a Auto-Deck Creation function which pulls the card informations of the "replay-submitter" out of the replay (the other decks are not inside!). The cards have IDs and i need to manually map them to my Database of cards.

This is a very big task for me as i dont have a lot of cards and time atm (exam preparations), therefore it would be really nice if you can upload your replay to this Thread.

If you want to help me and upload a replay to this Thread please also PROVIDE ME A LIST OF THE USED DECK with card names in the same order as you see it on the bottom in the forge.

Example:

• Replay: xyz.pmv
  • Map: Ocean
  • Deck:
    • Abomination:Frost
    • Abomination:Shadow
    • Abyssal Warder:Frost
    • Abyssal Warder:Fire
    • Amazon:Frost
    • Amazon:Nature
    • Amii Monument
    • Amii Phantom
    • Architects Call:Frost
    • Architects Call:Shadow
    • Artillery:Fire
    • Artillery:Shadow
    • Bandit Lancer:Nature
    • Bandit Lancer:Shadow
    • Bandit Sorceress:Frost
    • Bandit Sorceress:Fire
    • Bandit Spearmen:Frost
    • Bandit Spearmen:Fire
    • Batariel:Fire
    • Batariel:Shadow

Thank you very much!!!

Edited by Maxxxel
Natiac and Treim like this

4 hours ago, Treim said:

I have some replays with some of the missing cards and maps. Will check for replays today or tomorrow.

Absolutely awesome ?

Some other question to you guys, what else you need on a replay hosting site:

Players, Deck of Replay-Maker, Replay Description, Playtime, Map, Difficulty, Rating, Date, #Downloads and Download Button.

(Opponents Deck, can only be made manual and would only be a description of orbs used)

Do you want a function to comment on each replay?

Edited by Maxxxel

Would be great if you could mark a rPvE replay as map of the month and then for which month (so f.e. January 2019) in addition to Players and difficulty and for PvP rank of player and the rank of enemy player as an optional information.

A comment function would be nice :)

P.s. send you a couple replays

Edited by Treim

12 hours ago, Treim said:

Would be great if you could mark a rPvE replay as map of the month and then for which month (so f.e. January 2019) in addition to Players and difficulty and for PvP rank of player and the rank of enemy player as an optional information.

A comment function would be nice :)

P.s. send you a couple replays

Unfortunately, replays of random generated maps are holding no information about difficulty, and their name is simply 'RandomMap'. So there is no way to make a specific type of random Map as Map of the Month, but what is possible, is to Mark specific replays as 'special' like fastest time on this Map this month, or fastest time ever, or fastest time with less teammates etc. Stuff like this, most downloaded, most commented,....

Definetly send you a replay with twilight cards like abomination vileblood and twilight warfare. Maybe you missed it?

Regarding maps. Don‘t you have any of those or are only the ones without pass missing?

Edited by Treim

Ye i was just not at the end of the process of updating^^ had to go, i now updated all data for the latest replay files.

Regarding Maps, those without a -> "...." are missing, like Ascension, Introduction, Oracle...

Easiest Solution would be to create a Deck with only cards i miss and play the introduction, as it is the fastest map isnt it?

If you have more Suggestions -> https://discord.gg/NBY4FZ

its easier for me to track the stuff

Edited by Maxxxel

Hey. I like this idea generally, however somehow dislike the manual upload process. In the recent months, Kubik and Blank finished our own server-sided replay generator that behaves exactly the same as the client one does. I'll see what can be done with this, maybe we can create an API that will allow you to query the generated replays and upload them automatically to the website. However, don't take this as a promise, just as a possibility in the future, if (of course) we agree upon this internally. If not, you'll have to resort to manual uploads and player submission, just like you originally thought of.

nofearek9 likes this

50 minutes ago, fiki574 said:

Hey. I like this idea generally, however somehow dislike the manual upload process. In the recent months, Kubik and Blank finished our own server-sided replay generator that behaves exactly the same as the client one does. I'll see what can be done with this, maybe we can create an API that will allow you to query the generated replays and upload them automatically to the website. However, don't take this as a promise, just as a possibility in the future, if (of course) we agree upon this internally. If not, you'll have to resort to manual uploads and player submission, just like you originally thought of.

This would be huge :O

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/26/2021 at 2:36 PM, Fushur said:

Hey, found this post by searching for Replays, since i wanted to study some matches, and just wanted to ask if the project still exists or if it died over the last 2 years?

Take a look here: 

On 1/10/2019 at 11:34 AM, fiki574 said:

First time I read about this. Did you finish it? Do you plan on saving EVERY game server-side and have a complete match archive? Sounds like it would take a lot of space.

10 hours ago, Kaldra said:

Take a look here: 

First time I read about this. Did you finish it? Do you plan on saving EVERY game server-side and have a complete match archive? Sounds like it would take a lot of space.

They server-sided replay generator is done since long time ago. Every match replay gets stored on the server, each of the replay is about few KBs big so it won't take too much space.

8 hours ago, fiki574 said:

They server-sided replay generator is done since long time ago. Every match replay gets stored on the server, each of the replay is about few KBs big so it won't take too much space.

Oh that’s super interesting. Do you do anything with those replays as of yet? Like can people browse this replay database to watch replays? Or track stats from it?

Since I’m pvp player I’m super interested in getting statistics like winrates for factions or even certain cards. And if you have all the matchdata available in the replay format, it would be very easy to generate those statistics.

Zappyx likes this

28 minutes ago, Kaldra said:

Oh that’s super interesting. Do you do anything with those replays as of yet? Like can people browse this replay database to watch replays? Or track stats from it?

Since I’m pvp player I’m super interested in getting statistics like winrates for factions or even certain cards. And if you have all the matchdata available in the replay format, it would be very easy to generate those statistics.

Alongside the replay files we keep track in a database metadata about each match: who played, what cards used how many times at what upgrade and charge (aka decks used), what map, when played, how long, what reward distribution mode, result of the match, the difficulty, ranked or not, who was the leader, who went AFK, gold chests opened per player etc. We have over 1.1 million replays since release.

As of now replays are used for anti-cheat purposes (which fiki has been working on). A replay managing/sharing interface is a long-term goal, but no guarantees on that.

fiki574 likes this

14 minutes ago, Ladadoos said:

Alongside the replay files we keep track in a database metadata about each match: who played, what cards used how many times at what upgrade and charge (aka decks used), what map, when played, how long, what reward distribution mode, result of the match, the difficulty, ranked or not, who was the leader, who went AFK, gold chests opened per player etc. We have over 1.1 million replays since release.

As of now replays are used for anti-cheat purposes (which fiki has been working on). A replay managing/sharing interface is a long-term goal, but no guarantees on that.

Okay, so for a replay archive and stats tracking site like in this post: 

for now we need to rely on manual upload by players, correct?

• 2 weeks later...