unfortunate but reality

WernerShadow

24 minutes ago, WernerShadow said:

I played this game when Electronic Arts still ran it how sad that the same toxic trash community is still dominating it. I have met some decent people so far but these elites this game has ruins it to some point for me. i really was hoping the rebirth of this would have solved the problem how ever seems its still the same type prick playing

Im sorry you feel that way. The Skylords Reborn Team takes reports very seriously. Should you encounter any toxic/elitist behavior, please feel free to contact us on discord through PM or through the forums.

As far as my personal experiences go, other games seem to have it much worse with toxicity, and actually the community in BattleForge is one of the nicest Ive ever seen. That being said, in any online game, there will definitely be some people who are toxic or otherwise. It's just the nature of internet communication under protection of the veil of anonymity. I hope you will not let them get you down, as like you said yourself there are some decent people out there. I'm not sure in which specific case people were toxic to you, but when in doubt, you could try conversing with them people you play with them. That should give you a feeling whether they are nice people or not. In the worst case scenario that you still run into toxic people the Global Moderators of Skylords Reborn are always ready to help. :) I hope this one bad case hasn't dissuaded you from playing BattleForge yet.

Ultrakool on behalf of Skylords Reborn Staff

2 hours ago, Ultrakool said:

Im sorry you feel that way. The Skylords Reborn Team takes reports very seriously. Should you encounter any toxic/elitist behavior, please feel free to contact us on discord through PM or through the forums.

As far as my personal experiences go, other games seem to have it much worse with toxicity, and actually the community in BattleForge is one of the nicest Ive ever seen. That being said, in any online game, there will definitely be some people who are toxic or otherwise. It's just the nature of internet communication under protection of the veil of anonymity. I hope you will not let them get you down, as like you said yourself there are some decent people out there. I'm not sure in which specific case people were toxic to you, but when in doubt, you could try conversing with them people you play with them. That should give you a feeling whether they are nice people or not. In the worst case scenario that you still run into toxic people the Global Moderators of Skylords Reborn are always ready to help. :) I hope this one bad case hasn't dissuaded you from playing BattleForge yet.

Thank you for your reply. Yes other games have it much worse but games like warframe is much better.All that aside i got kicked  no less than 10 times out of a games or match maker some i even made for the soul reason that i started playing today and i don't have the deck people feel i should. I did try talking to them sadly there is no reasoning with these kinds of people. I was met with nothing but hostility over what a moron i am because i filled my deck with what little cards i have. and all i was trying to do was finish the daily quest of beating a diff 6 random. Perhaps that is the problem that i am forced into doing missions to get boosters that my deck is not geared for but i have no choice because i need the boosters to progress 

There are a LOT of nice people in this community! Maybe you were just unlucky. Almost everyone I know and play with is really stupidly noob-friendly.

There are some people that demand certain deck levels from their allies but these people tend to play really bad and want to get carried so yeah.. In PvE you can literally complete every map pretty easily with decklevel 20 if you don't use only trash cards. PvP on the other hand requires you to have a shit ton of upgrades and good cards for serious play, but there are still a lot of low level players to practise with.

7 hours ago, Navarr said:

There are a LOT of nice people in this community! Maybe you were just unlucky. Almost everyone I know and play with is really stupidly noob-friendly.

There are some people that demand certain deck levels from their allies but these people tend to play really bad and want to get carried so yeah.. In PvE you can literally complete every map pretty easily with decklevel 20 if you don't use only trash cards. PvP on the other hand requires you to have a shit ton of upgrades and good cards for serious play, but there are still a lot of low level players to practise with.

Could i play with you guye then?

18 hours ago, Ultrakool said:

Wait a second, toxic/elitist behaviour is a reason to ban someone ?

Dont get me wrong, I dont like those people either, but banning or punishing them just because they are unfriendly is way over the top.

Xientie likes this

2 hours ago, Fimion said:

Dont get me wrong, I dont like those people either, but banning or punishing them just because they are unfriendly is way over the top.

I dont think he was saying perma bans more like maybe a week or 24hours not unlike many other games

Ultrakool likes this

3 hours ago, Fimion said:

Wait a second, where exactly did Ultrakool mention someone would get banned for it?

22 hours ago, WernerShadow said:

I played this game when Electronic Arts still ran it how sad that the same toxic trash community is still dominating it. I have met some decent people so far but these elites this game has ruins it to some point for me. i really was hoping the rebirth of this would have solved the problem how ever seems its still the same type prick playing

I to have to stress that I never had a bad time with anyone on the forums or in game.  Even with all the Fire/Shadow/Frost players who refuse to go to the light of the Nature side, they have been nice and formal.

As mentioned above just look for other players.  The vast majority who have been here for a while, understand the game is trying to get new players and will go out of their way to help them, myself included once I get everything working again.

Loriens, RadicalX and WernerShadow like this

6 hours ago, Fimion said:

In my opinion, there is a big difference between toxic and being “unfriendly”

Being toxic is indirectly infringing upon many forum rules, depending on the level of toxicity, while being unfriendly generally does not.

varying degrees of toxicity warrants different penalties on a case by case basis but it is indeed an offense

Banning or punishing toxic players isn't anything new, really. Especially with the current gaming trends of MOBA and Battle Royale cultures, and with gaming getting bigger and bigger amongst everyone in general, toxicity needs to be taken seriously and is therefore against the rules. Anything that's against the rules is subject to their respective actions, penalties and/or bans depending on severity. As @Ultrakool stated, being toxic isn't the same as being unfriendly. If we would ban anyone for any remark we deem to be offensive, that would indeed be over the top. However, high levels of toxicity such as grave and/or repeated insults, obscenity, personal attacks, or anything in the rules that is deemed to be severe enough will be considered to be a threat against the community and/or the global experience of the game and its environment and will result in measures being taken as is stated in the global rules.

We all know people can sometimes have bad days or suffer from bad sportsmanship, and while we encourage people to behave appropriately, have/learn proper manners, be friendly and supportive and keep their rage to themselves if needed, we do differentiate between unfriendliness and toxicity, and frankly that's not the hardest difference to spot.

Ultrakool likes this