Global support cards for cooperative play.

Nahath

So I succeeded in getting my wife to play, and she enjoys the game. However she has far less gaming experience than I do, especially in the RTS department, and she doesn't like how uneven our contributions are to each map.

One way I've decided to help even things out is to use global buff cards, so that her units are more powerful (while in comparison to her, I am weakened because I tie up resources to help out). The big obvious cards for this are Wheel of Gifts and The Incredible Mo. Healing gardens offers a little bit with its global active, as would Fountain of Rebirth (though I don't know if it's a good enough card to really be worth it).

What else is available? I'm sure there are other cards that would help, but I can't think of what they are. It would be especially nice if there were some non-green ones besides Incredible Mo, so that I could do this with a larger variety of decks.

Depends on what color you play. For shadow there is 

life weaving

Unholy power/hero

infect/frenetic

nature:

typical heal spells(surge of light, ray of light, equilibrium, regrowth)

cc spells(pink, root)

damage: thunderstorm

damage reduction(for friendly units): Revenge

frost:

freeze spells

damage reduction spells( Area ice shield, ward of the north)

fire: damage spells( wildfire, sandstorm, lava field, meteor) 

unity(to save her units if need be)

There are many more cards in those categories that I’ve probably missed, mainly spell or buildings but the one I listed are good for almost all situations.

Have fun showing your wife the game :) 

I feel like the obvious here is Shrine of War. While not directly a powerup it provides your wife with extra power that she can use on whatever, this works obviously best if she uses a lot of spells or abilities instead of units.
As mentioned above basically any spells that help her out, heals(Regrowth, Equilibriu, Surge of Light, protects (Revenge, Stone Shell, Ward of the North,Life Weaving), shields(Area Ice Shield), damage buffs(Unholy Hero, Unholy Power, Motivate, Home Soil), crowd control(Curse of Oink, Creeping Paralysis, Coldsnap, Maelstrom, Amok, Frenetic Assault), debuffs (on enemies)(Mumbo Jumbooo [fire aff], Frostbite [shadow aff], Fallen Skyelf [Ability]), movement spells (Netherwarp) or just general Utillity spells like Unity or Infect
I feel like damage spells are not the best option for support though they probably will still help if used in moderation (Cluster Explosion, Thunderstorm, Soulshatter, Inferno, Earthshaker, Mine, Eruption, Lavafield). It is probably more benficial to take out key targets that your wife is (probably?) unable to recognize yet. Like the correct spawn building in rPvE, PvE Willzappers or other units that can cause a lot of havoc like the Twilight Timeshifter Spirit if you mainly use ranged attackers. Taking out those targets like a sniper will probably let your wife feel like she actually contributed while you helped her massively maybe without even realizing how much (at the beginning at least). If you mindlessly spam cluster explosion and soulshatter all the time and everythings dead within a few seconds, those spells are probably counterproductive. Moderation is key for those :)

Thanks for the comments, all. Interestingly, I've never seen Shrine of War (never pulled the card in old or current Battleforge), so that one's totally new for me despite many hours in the game. Ice age could also be a good one to play with.

Note that as I mentioned in the title, I'm mostly interested in globals. The huge array of useful spells that you can drop on a battle is fairly obvious for the most part, and I certainly use them. As Treim said, though, I don't want to come across as simply fighting her battles for her.

Most spells would work for you. But that is some very "active" support, meaning you have to switch between your units and whatever she is doing.

Edit: those typical support buildings bind lots of energy and are bound mostly to nature ... with spells you are free to chose your orbs.

Edited by Flrbb