Asia Players/Server

Vincenzoo

Hello, i just live in Bangkok, and wonder if there are some players living in East or South East Asian countries.
Is possible for me to play from Thailand without big latency and connection problems? Is there any Asian or USA server?

Or i have to move back to EU ? x)

Come back xD, battleforge is more important!

The game has a big latency (> 100ms to several of 100ms) even for EU players. But I think that the game was made to deal with a big latency so it could be that it almost doesnt differ to the experience EU players have. Still I know that the routing to asia or south america can be shit, so you had just to test.

There is just one server (technically speaking) atm for all players and the latency differences beetween players from Europe, Canada or any other country are small. Keep in mind that the game is still in its stress test and optimizations are being made over time. It should get better for everyone without the need for separate servers, which would just divide the community and make the playerbase a lot smaller overall. 

• 1 month later...

@nofearek9 I think you mixing latency an ping :thinking:

even with pig under 3 ms you get command latency 200 ms.

There are plans to run multiple game servers later, so forge will be one, but match will be able to run on server closer to you. We have confirmed that even with artificially increased ping over 1000 ms the forge run almost fine.