cant run the updater

rorito97

hey  iam trying to run the updater but  it keeps saying "please place all files from the archive into your battle forge folder" and i have the updater in the BF folder is there any other files other than the updater  need to have in the BF folder? thanks!

## To help with my explanation open your directory, on the menu click 'View' and on the right side you'll see [ ] File name extensions. Check that box

Yeah that's not right, I attached a screen shot of both the extracted game files + the launcher/updater. My advice is to do the following since you should still have the game files downloaded (.rar):

Move your downloaded .rar files into Battleforge not Battleforge/Battleforge, Delete Battleforge/Battleforge

Now you should have just 1 Battleforge folder with both Updater.zip and BattleForge.rar.

Right click on BattleForge.rar and click "Extract to BattleForge\"

Right click on Updater.zip and click "Extract Files..."
Navigate to what should now be BattleForge/BattleForge and extract there.

If you get any errors [Corrupted File ****] then ping me a list and I'll upload them for you OR redownload BattleForge.rar (I had to do it twice as well)

If you double click on BattleForge.rar you'll see it has the following directories base, bf1, help, plugins

The screenshot you provided doesn't include all of these so I'm not sure if you extracted it correctly or if something went wrong. Hence my suggestion to start from scratch.

MyDir.PNG

Edited by Astiliano
Ultrakool likes this

Hey dude,

I feel this is going to be a common issue for most folks, I put together this script that will help you right now:

https://github.com/Astiliano/BattleForgeRebornCheck

Follow the instructions, which include looking over the script to make sure it's not malicious (it's not, but it's a good habit for folks to have)

This will help all of us understand what you are missing.

Hey I believe I did everything as showed, but when i run the updater, it opens, updates my files and gives me play button, so I click it and error warning pops up: the code execution could not proceed, becase MSVCR120.dll was not found

Edited by cpt_lowlife
typo

15 hours ago, Astiliano said:

I included a video in this post

hey man, when i download battleforge it doesnt show up as urs, it only shows up as one icon, if u have look at my first picture the orange icon. is there is a reason why i am only getting this and could this be the reason why i cant run the updater? thanks man!  

Under the filetype column you'll see it says "RAR" because you need to right click and extract it. The icon doesn't matter it just means what application will be used to open it. I recommend you download Winrar.

So

you have:

Battleforge.rar

Updater.zip

Right click on Battleforge.rar > click "Extract to /Battleforge"

Right click on Updater.zip > click "Extract to /Updater"

Go inside of the extracted /Updater, copy all those files (CTRL+C)

go inside of extracted /Battleforge
inside of there is another Battleforge folder, go inside of it

Now you will see what is in my video, paste the contents in there

These instructions are in the video, ignore the file names I had as they were examples. If something is not clear from the video please let me know and I will make any necessary changes to help clarify for both you and other folks.

@cpt_lowlife see point #5 on this post for help with MSVCXR120.dll

• Kiwi locked this topic