Launcher Crashes as soon as i start it...

Pyromaniac92

Looks like a problem with your Anti Virus software. The game wants to check for updates, but it is getting interrupted. So try to disable your anti virus for that moment to check if the problem still persists. If not, add a exception for this whole folder (and subfolders) to your anti virus software.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, 

I seem to have a similar problem. I tried all the recommended solutions (installing/running without AV, DX9, ....) but nothing changes.

The launcher starts and then just closes without saying anything. I also tried different compatibility settings and the BFcheck Powershellscript which says everything is fine.

I'm running Win10. Is there a way to enable logging or something?

Currently we don't provide any logging of the Updater. But I will implement this in the next releases. Which version of the Updater do you use? You can see this at the upper left corner.

Maybe try to download the newest Updater system from our Download topic. The way the Updater works has changed a bit since the beginning of the public phase. So you might use a version which is too old and is not able to update itself properly although this should work.

Ok. So when you start it, it should update to version 0.4 like in the screenshot. Is there also a Patcher.exe in your directory? And can you check if there's a file calles SkylordsRebornUpdater.exe.upd at the moment the Updater is closing itself?

image.png

I checked and:

1. there IS a Patcher.exe in my directory

2. No there is no SkylordsRebornUpdater.exe.upd file being created

3. The Launcher does not update, in fact it doesn't do anything but close.

Here's a screenshot of the entire content of my Battleforge directory.

Is there a chance of getting the v0.4 of the launcher directly?

BF_FOLDER.PNG

Of course there's an option to get this file manually. But I won't send it here because it will only stop the symptoms and not the cause. Next time we provide an update you would've the same issue again. So I still think it has something to do with your Anti Virus blocking the download.

In 99% of all those cases it was the Anti Virus software. So try to figure out this bug. And is you application also crashing or is it closing gracefully? Maybe check Windows Event Log --> Application Log for errors.

• Kiwi locked this topic