Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

BEWARE: Multiaccounting May Cause Permabans! Read more... ×
Ultrakool

Card collection when starting/General Game Ideas

Would you rather have the F2P deck or retail starter decks?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Would you rather have the F2P deck or retail starter decks?

• F2P deck
    • Retail starter deck
    • Custom starter deck(build a new custom deck) for everyone

[quote='Czechmate23' pid='4604' dateline='1436825348']
i started the game with the F2p decks and went from there honestly it was fine.

what exactly where the retail deck lists?
[/quote]

http://battleforge.wikia.com/wiki/Starter_Decks

I got confirmation from Insanehawk. The plan seems to be to have the original F2P cards, without any medifications so far, although the team is open minded about this issue, and may reconsider closer to the actual release. Personally, the lists that I have seen so far are quite good, and provide a better foundation to build on, these decks feature among other things, T1 cards for every faction, adequate T2 cards, dual orb, affinities.

why not both ? In magic the gathering, you have starter decks that come along with 2 booster that you can use to change your deck a little. I believe we could do the same in BF : have a common starter for each player, and 2 booster of the chosen color containing only commons and uncommons. That way they can start building a deck right away and are introduced to the booster concept.

I really like to do choices at start that will influence a lot my play style.
For example i I like to choose the starting pokemon and stick with it.

Starting deck could be something like this.

All new players will start with the starting deck in old EA version of game. This deck have an expire time, after 10 games, a popup will let the player choose between:

-Continue the game with starter deck
-Continue the game with a fixed frost/ fire/nature/shadow deck -> this options will give only selected color cards

For the first choice, player will have an extra rare neutral card, for the second choice, players will have an extra rare card from their chosen color.

While I think this is a great idea for old players that already know what is their favourite deck, on the other side It will promote multiaccount unless the first cards are set to be bind on character in some way.

There should be a starter for each faction, so we can choose which faction we want to start with. That way there is more variety than everyone starting with the same deck. Also, give us some starting bfp so we can but a couple of boosters. That way we can make use of customization at the beginning.

[quote='Drakebrishinger' pid='8950' dateline='1437594865']
There should be a starter for each faction, so we can choose which faction we want to start with. That way there is more variety than everyone starting with the same deck. Also, give us some starting bfp so we can but a couple of boosters. That way we can make use of customization at the beginning.
[/quote]

For someone who didn't play the game before it wouldn't be nice too choose one color because he wouldn't know which one he prefers.
BFP at the beginning are also very difficult. Everyone could just make a bunch of accounts and get thousands of BFP. This only would work if trading is locked til you reached a certain level and even then it's hard to balance.

guys why are u posting here? This is useless and wasted time, this topic was clear like "ages" ago.

[img]http://i.gyazo.com/b68208a394374798ace56bdace69c3cd.png[/img]

So the fact of the matter is, it has been decided that the original F2P cards will be given out that came with the free version of Battleforge before. Now it isn't set in stone so I seriously hope the dev reconsidered by then, to fill in the holes in the original F2P deck and add some decent T1 units for fire+ shadow and more decent T2 units for some factions(frost), of course using only commons. There has been a thread started which detailed a new starting F2P and I strongly recommend creating those decks. You can see that [url=http://bfreborn.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=235]here[/url]

@Dexirian @Insanehawk please close this thread.