Pure shadow pvp

MrDanilov

I was thinking if I should put a third unit in my pure shadow pvp deck (not shadow-shadow-frost) along with Ashbone Pyro, Cultist Master and was not sure what unit exactly out of these options:image.png.bab7c9d1e1ed0d1c119e028dcbf2cb4f.png

Brannoc and Unstable Demon are excluded for now. At the moment I have 5 cards on my tier 3, 2 units plus Evocator's Woe, Voidstorm and questionable Soulshatter.

Thank you for the insight.

Edited by MrDanilov
a few spelling mistakes

Show the whole deck I guess, but from my experience most of those cards that you show above ain't grand. They all require a very specific deck to synergize and even then can be countered with most other decks.

As much as I love Wrathgazer, it is a shit card in PvP, Nox Carrier works in some scenarios if you have the deck to back it up, same with Skyelf and Satanael (but I don't really think it would work on higher level PvP). Shadow Insect - never seen that in PvP. Mutating Frenzy can be strong, again, if you can back it up with spells

MrDanilov likes this

On 12/3/2018 at 10:05 PM, anonyme0273 said:

Show the whole deck I guess, but from my experience most of those cards that you show above ain't grand. They all require a very specific deck to synergize and even then can be countered with most other decks.

As much as I love Wrathgazer, it is a shit card in PvP, Nox Carrier works in some scenarios if you have the deck to back it up, same with Skyelf and Satanael (but I don't really think it would work on higher level PvP). Shadow Insect - never seen that in PvP. Mutating Frenzy can be strong, again, if you can back it up with spells

image.thumb.png.3f527da52bdbe2fc1c280d565edae8d9.png

Evocator, Unholy Power should be removed for Nightguard and Embalmer's Shrine. Phoenix is nice to have but the slot can fill in a different part, Evocator is still good but Timeless One makes the card worth the slot less in my opinion since most go double frost T3 anyway, may need more testing

Edited by MrDanilov

First of all I suggest the Green Nether Warp, its generally more useful - Shadow Mages, Harvy... . The Blue affinity has its perks too, but Green is more common for a good reason. Perhaps only use Voidstorm in 2v2 PvP where there is more damage, not sure how useful it is in 1v1s (although I like experimenting as well, so to each their own). You definitely need Nightguard in Pure Shadow T1, otherwise you are pretty screwed against strong cards in T2 (Mountaineer, War Eagle, Deep One...).

Other than that from my somewhat-not-terrible-at-PvP point of view it's a fair deck. See how often you get to T3 and have good opportunities for Soulshatter. It is a good card, but you may find better options to replace it with like a T3 XL/XL unit like Brannoc (not sure why you "excluded" it in your original post) or a Wrathgazer for fun :p

I like both warps, too bad the green one is terribly expensive. I excluded him because I already can counter a lot of stuff with just 1-3 cultist masters plus Motivate or just Voidstorm/Aura, also because I want to experiment other cards. Mo looks like a better option than Brannoc in PS even though it would be nice having both

Edited by MrDanilov

6 hours ago, felkin said:

I was wondering if i should put a third unit in my pure shadow pvp deck (not shadow-shadow-frost) along with ashbone pyro, cultist master and was not sure what unit exactly out of these options:image.png.bab7c9d1e1ed0d1c119e028dcbf2cb4f.png

red carrier, brannoc and unstable demon are excluded. at the moment I have 5 cards on my tier 3 (can do with 4 too), 2 units plus evocator's woe, voidstorm and soulshatter. I can swap soulshatter anytime

you can show me your deck as well, will help a lot :)

I'm guessing your 2 units are cultist master and ashbone pyro? TBH pure shadow t3 is not that good. Splashing with frost is much better. The rest though...are pretty mediocre.

That said, shadow insect can be quite good with excellent micro. I've seen it in many shadow nature decks.

Shadow Insect is a possibility, but requires high micro and a low ping. Otherwise the clunky ability + lag will be quite a pain. I had way more success in the CBT phase with it than right now. 

Fallen Skyelf combos well with Shadow Insect as you can burst down L units like Virtuosu with its ability. So either pick both or none of them as consistent dps suffers from cc as a hardcounter to this card. Shadow has pretty great Anti Air anyways so it's not like Fallen Skyelf is essential in other areas.

Satanael can be very strong, but requires alot of buffs to be played around. You need Blood Healing to make him work with his ability (since you do have Unholy Power already, a pickup could be a good idea)

Nox Carrier is bad. Either needs Portal Nexus to work or will never reach your power well. 

Mutating Frenzy has a  bad stat cost efficency and too many stacks will result in a quick death. 

Wrathgazer needs Altar of Nihil to be viable. This way you could avoid any crowd control as a hard counter.

I don't think there is a stronger T3 combo in the game right now than Nihil + Voidstorm as it could not just kill everything of your opponent but lead up to 400+ permanent advantages in one second. Makes pure Shadow from one of the weaker T3s to reaching Timeless One level (In 2v2 it is the strongest T3 you can play if you can coordinate plays with your teammate).  

MrDanilov likes this

On 12/4/2018 at 3:09 AM, Eirias said:

I'm guessing your 2 units are cultist master and ashbone pyro? TBH pure shadow t3 is not that good. Splashing with frost is much better. The rest though...are pretty mediocre.

That said, shadow insect can be quite good with excellent micro. I've seen it in many shadow nature decks.

I have Shadow-Shadow-Frost deck already. Pure Shadow T3 is pretty underwhelming in 1v1 I agree

On 12/4/2018 at 9:23 AM, RadicalX said:

Shadow Insect is a possibility, but requires high micro and a low ping. Otherwise the clunky ability + lag will be quite a pain. I had way more success in the CBT phase with it than right now. 

Fallen Skyelf combos well with Shadow Insect as you can burst down L units like Virtuosu with its ability. So either pick both or none of them as consistent dps suffers from cc as a hardcounter to this card. Shadow has pretty great Anti Air anyways so it's not like Fallen Skyelf is essential in other areas.

Satanael can be very strong, but requires alot of buffs to be played around. You need Blood Healing to make him work with his ability (since you do have Unholy Power already, a pickup could be a good idea)

Nox Carrier is bad. Either needs Portal Nexus to work or will never reach your power well. 

Mutating Frenzy has a  bad stat cost efficency and too many stacks will result in a quick death. 

Wrathgazer needs Altar of Nihil to be viable. This way you could avoid any crowd control as a hard counter.

I don't think there is a stronger T3 combo in the game right now than Nihil + Voidstorm as it could not just kill everything of your opponent but lead up to 400+ permanent advantages in one second. Makes pure Shadow from one of the weaker T3s to reaching Timeless One level (In 2v2 it is the strongest T3 you can play if you can coordinate plays with your teammate).  

Great game, I bought Altar for 2v2 just because of that.

Edited by MrDanilov