High Command latency

Neox

Hello

I have a big problem where my command latency is always 500 ms+.

Is there any explanation why this happens? It doesn't bother me much in pve but makes pvp very tricky since it takes almost a full second till it registers my commands.

What can I do to improve it? My wifi is fast, pc can run battleforge more than fine.

Thanks

Hey. The command latency tends to show inaccurate latency rather than the actual. Are you absolutely, positively sure it takes almost a full second?

If yes, please respond and I'll try to figure out a way we could record the actual time it takes to do a move.

1 hour ago, fiki574 said:

Hey. The command latency tends to show inaccurate latency rather than the actual. Are you absolutely, positively sure it takes almost a full second?

If yes, please respond and I'll try to figure out a way we could record the actual time it takes to do a move.

Ah didn't know it was innaccurate, but my 2v2 partner always has lower ms that's why I thought it might've been accurate.

And like half a second on average, but I think the problem might be my computer, what I meant was that my specs are more than needed for Battleforge but it just runs very slow for me while newer games run better. 

Anyway thanks for your response I'll try fixing it on my end first.

21 minutes ago, Neox said:

Ah didn't know it was innaccurate, but my 2v2 partner always has lower ms that's why I thought it might've been accurate.

And like half a second on average, but I think the problem might be my computer, what I meant was that my specs are more than needed for Battleforge but it just runs very slow for me while newer games run better. 

Anyway thanks for your response I'll try fixing it on my end first.

No problem, if you get stuck on bad performance again, respond here and we'll see what can be done for latency test.

Maybe try switching DirectX versions, and disable some graphics options.

5 hours ago, fiki574 said:

I have pretty variable lag. It feels like it takes 300-500 ms on average, but there are definitely lag spikes that last a second or longer. I always just assumed it was because of the server distance...

But definitely I sometimes have enough lag that I try to spawn units, but my ground presence moves too fast so the animation/sound starts like I'm going to spawn, and then it checks with the server and realizes I have no ground presence and no units come out. You can see something like that here at around 3:50--I try to spawn some sunstriders and the sound triggers, but then my scavenger walks too fast and they don't come out. 

My bigger issue is that sometimes it feels like packets are dropped, or I try to right click to attack and enemy and somehow it doesn't register that there is an enemy there, so my units walk instead.

• 1 month later...
  • Kiwi locked this topic