Sell cards to "void"

Flrbb

The longer the game is up, the more cards will be there. This will lead to a price drop of unwanted cards. To keep its (minimal) worth, a sell/destruction for those cards - with refund - would be nice.

Anyhow, my initial thought was based on the wish to keep my inventory clean and sorted. A feature to sell X Destruction (for lets say 1 bfp each) would be cool!

this type of feature should had been implemented in the retail version !

In terms macroeconomics only with this feature the market can be keeped healthy! lowering the "good" cards and keeping some value in less used cards because at least they can be desed. and de des should guive a fixed amount of bfp based on rarity only .

The lack of this kind of system has one of the major things that kiled the reveneu of the retail game and leaded to the close.

I'm also in support of this. But I think you should get :money: for the cards instead of  :bf:. Even though I can't say why I'd prefer it that way. Just seems more correct to me to give out something one might be able to use even after owning every single card in the game. Also 1 :bf: won't make much of a difference in the current state of the game even if you sold 50 cards. But something like e.g. 150-2k gold (for common-ultrarare) do mount up to some nice upgrades.
I wonder if it'll be possible with the client though.

@flergon It most likely won't be able to keep the market 'healthy' though. As soon as enough pieces of a card are destroyed the worth will go up by a couple of :bf: making it worthwile to sell again and lowering the prices back to the original level. I fear that the vast pool of unused common & uncommon cards won't change their prices even then but some rares and ultrarares that aren't worth much might rise in price. That's still a good thing imo but one shouldn't have great expectations of what this will be able to do.

The data gained from the destruction of cards should be invaluable to make balancing changes in the future though. So please go ahead devs and make this happen. :)

yoda8789 likes this

2 hours ago, Kaliber84 said:

I'm also in support of this. But I think you should get :money: for the cards instead of  :bf:. Even though I can't say why I'd prefer it that way. Just seems more correct to me to give out something one might be able to use even after owning every single card in the game. Also 1 :bf: won't make much of a difference in the current state of the game even if you sold 50 cards. But something like e.g. 150-2k gold (for common-ultrarare) do mount up to some nice upgrades.
I wonder if it'll be possible with the client though.

@flergon It most likely won't be able to keep the market 'healthy' though. As soon as enough pieces of a card are destroyed the worth will go up by a couple of :bf: making it worthwile to sell again and lowering the prices back to the original level. I fear that the vast pool of unused common & uncommon cards won't change their prices even then but some rares and ultrarares that aren't worth much might rise in price. That's still a good thing imo but one shouldn't have great expectations of what this will be able to do.

The data gained from the destruction of cards should be invaluable to make balancing changes in the future though. So please go ahead devs and make this happen. :)

hello Kaliber from the vast majority of the games i play/played that have hard corrency ( and yes bfp are still "hard-corrency" ) the best way to keep the market busy and healthy is to sell/destroy for the same corrency just for the fact that with this you give a minimum price tag for each card (rarety based) and incentive players to buy booster on long term because at least they know that the booster in the worst case scenario you can just have some cash back .

Another thing is the action house system. As there is no currency lost in the process of sell cards (sell and put in auction) the inflacion will inflate the prices to infinity just for the simple fact that the amount of bfp available with time will only go up with time as you dont have a way to remove bfps from the system the system have their own "dead" timed.

Just annother thing i have worked on some "developer/retailer" of f2p games where there are alot of studys about gaming macroeconomics spetialy in the early 2006 to 2012 . there is no perfect solution but the system as it is/was have several big flaw that a think I have enlighted some of the more inportat ones.

" sorry for my misspeling english is not my native language" 

Edited by flergon

2 hours ago, flergon said:

from the vast majority of the games i play/played that have hard corrency ( and yes bfp are still "hard-corrency" ) the best way to keep the market busy and healthy is to sell/destroy for the same corrency just for the fact that with this you give a minimum price tag for each card (rarety based) and incentive players to buy booster on long term because at least they know that the booster in the worst case scenario you can just have some cash back .

I agree with this.

Nice suggestion tho.