Cannon tower spam

Chorba

My deck is fire/nature (T1 fire), pretty standart. my T3 includes GS and virtuoso.

I played today against a nature/frost player, this matchup is pretty hard in general since stoneshards but i managed to micro my drakes over cliffs to avoid stormsinger's abillity and i was in a pretty good spot. After a long tight t2 fighting I've decided to go t3, thinking he probably doesn't have t3 in his deck and i could finish him off with t3 units. He went on the aggressive with a small army I could handle but the problem was he started spamming cannon towers. first, in everyone of his bases, and then next to my orb. I used eruptions whereever i could but I eventually lost to this. Felt pretty shitty, knowing I outplayed him most of the game but lost to towers. 

Any advices, what should I do?

I can add the replay if it's necessary

Would be useful to see the replay in order to give you more effective tips on how to deal with cannon tower spam. 

Usually an investment in every single base is very expensive and grants you alot of tools to either pick out one base that is unprotected or brute force through one single spot with Virtuosus since the power pool is split up onto a defence in multiple bases. 

Also you may want to check if your T3 timing maybe ended up being the problem. It shrinks your void level by 250 and if you do this too early, you end up struggling against a strong T2 spam. So this means even trades end up being in favour of the person, that is on the lower tech level and Eruption for Cannon Tower will favour the Stonekin player. Fire Nature has an excellent T2 with alot of tools to attack with massive power efficency. If you do have a solid power lead in T2,  there is a good chance to finish the game there aswell. Your T3 is most likely just a tool to close out games with a huge power lead.

3 hours ago, RadicalX said:

Would be useful to see the replay in order to give you more effective tips on how to deal with cannon tower spam. 

Usually an investment in every single base is very expensive and grants you alot of tools to either pick out one base that is unprotected or brute force through one single spot with Virtuosus since the power pool is split up onto a defence in multiple bases. 

Also you may want to check if your T3 timing maybe ended up being the problem. It shrinks your void level by 250 and if you do this too early, you end up struggling against a strong T2 spam. So this means even trades end up being in favour of the person, that is on the lower tech level and Eruption for Cannon Tower will favour the Stonekin player. Fire Nature has an excellent T2 with alot of tools to attack with massive power efficency. If you do have a solid power lead in T2,  there is a good chance to finish the game there aswell. Your T3 is most likely just a tool to close out games with a huge power lead.

Thank you, first of all. I get what you're saying and it might be the T3 timing that made me lose it. My micro obv wasn't perfect but I had around 200~ power a few minutes and was aggressive almost the entire time so I felt it's alright to go that far. I'd love to send you the replay, do you have a Discord? 

I added the replay to the comment. thank you again

Cannon tower spam.pmv

Okay I watched the replay and it was pretty much the issue that I assumed earlier. Your void level lowers itself by 250 from picking up T3 and this makes Eruption for Cannon Tower trades more than effective for your opponent. What is more important though: You mentioned, that you outplayed your opponent and were in a good spot to take the T3. That wasn't actually the case. You lost T1 by a wide margin and this shows in the power scaling. You did well in T2, but still you were slighty down in power at the end of your T2 (1805 vs 1824), so there was no lead at all during the time you went T3. Since there was no power lead in the first place you ended up losing as Fire Nature doesn't have the strongest T3 in this game. If you don't pick up such a greedy powerwell in T1 you will most likely be able to win these type of games before any cannon towers hit the ground as your mid game was quite good and it's fire natures strong point anyways.   

Loriens and Chorba like this

On 11/20/2018 at 10:18 PM, RadicalX said:

Okay I watched the replay and it was pretty much the issue that I assumed earlier. Your void level lowers itself by 250 from picking up T3 and this makes Eruption for Cannon Tower trades more than effective for your opponent. What is more important though: You mentioned, that you outplayed your opponent and were in a good spot to take the T3. That wasn't actually the case. You lost T1 by a wide margin and this shows in the power scaling. You did well in T2, but still you were slighty down in power at the end of your T2 (1805 vs 1824), so there was no lead at all during the time you went T3. Since there was no power lead in the first place you ended up losing as Fire Nature doesn't have the strongest T3 in this game. If you don't pick up such a greedy powerwell in T1 you will most likely be able to win these type of games before any cannon towers hit the ground as your mid game was quite good and it's fire natures strong point anyways.   

Thank you.