Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

Sign in to follow this  
Flrbb

"Slow mode" for AH?

On good deal cards there is some kind of bidding war going on. I you would introduce a "slow mode" (got that term from discord; you are not allowed to spam post) to AH, then bids would be placed with more "thought" in them, maybe?

Like, you can place a bid on the same card only, if you won a game inbetween.

Don't agree, the sense of an real auction are two (or more) people raising the price to an equilibrium price. If you are restricted in time to change your bid, that is against the rules of a perfect market and will add a factor of luck.

In RL I am a big fan of regulated markets (where it makes sense), but in games free markets work mostly perfect imho

Hmmm. IMO a perfect AH would let all bidders bid in secret, the one which has the highest bid (at the end of the auction) would pay one bfp more than the bid of the 2nd bidder. With all bfp "frozen" until auction is ended. But I suppose this kind of system would be not that easy to implement.

Now, as there is a Lead Developer reading this, I do have another idea I have to post! ;)

This one adresses the price manipulations in the AH. If a card is not so often in the AH and its prices spread much, there is an simple way for price modifications: It is quite easy to buy the lower costy ones and put imediately back for a higer price (but still lower than the other cards). If you would introduce a time span in which a bought card cannot be re-sold you would circumvent this. Maybe a hour or two would be enough.

1 hour ago, Flrbb said:

Now, as there is a Lead Developer reading this, I do have another idea I have to post! ;)

This one adresses the price manipulations in the AH. If a card is not so often in the AH and its prices spread much, there is an simple way for price modifications: It is quite easy to buy the lower costy ones and put imediately back for a higer price (but still lower than the other cards). If you would introduce a time span in which a bought card cannot be re-sold you would circumvent this. Maybe a hour or two would be enough.

I read all the threads, I just reply to very few.

Well, that's unfortunately, how market works. However, card being untradeable for few hours after buying doesn't seem that bad. Also, FIFA did something to the Ultimate Team game mode, it's called price ranges. Basically, you can sell a player's card in specific price range. But, a lot of thinking went in there and here it would be matter of our own personal judgement, which I would highly like to avoid. Let's see what @MrXLink thinks bout this, since he's the game designer, I'm just the executor of work :)

I'm not too keen on having price ranges. This would manipulate a free market, and BattleForge has always been unique due to an unconstrained market. I would prefer to keep it this way. However, preventing new auction creations for an hour or two seems like a good solution. We would need to make the individual cards unauctionable though, we can look into the possibilities there.

I do not want to restrict all trades, however. If you as a player feel the need to buy a card from AH to complete a direct trade deal with someone, this should be possible. If we leave cards tradeable, but restrict auctionable time, that would be a great solution to this problem.

If @Urgonar was able to create something even mildly resembling it, then I don't think it would be that difficult to implement. It doesn't even have to be within the game but stem from the forum.