Stress Test Open#2(vs2) 17.11.18

Toggy

Hello fellow Skylords!

Since the first 1on1 tournament was a big success and happened without major problems, it is time to step onto the battlefield again... with our allys!  Who will win the Stress Test Open#2?

Format?

It will be a 2vs2 Single Elimination best of 3 tournament. Semi finals and finals will be all played on stream. (Do not start the semis without me)

Prize Pool! (subject to change)

1st Team  - 3000 BFP

2nd Team - 1500 BFP

3rd Team - 800 BFP

When?

On 17.11.18 starting on 4pm CET, the stream will start one hour in advance.

Where?

In the Sparring grounds, get the community observer maps to enable observers/streaming.

LINK

Extract the folder to Documents/Battleforge/

IMPORTANT: Also get this folder LINK

Please test if the maps are accessible for you before the tournament. Use the bracket list in Challonge to contact other participants if you need help (or contact me).

Organisation?

The tournament brackets will be on Challonge, so register and join the tournament there. Please use your in game account name to make communication and finding your enemy easier. Since it is a 2on2 Team tournament you need to create a team and invite your ally. Do this by clicking your team, go to "Members" and invite your ally via e-mail or Challonge account name.
Link to Challonge

The streaming channel that will be covering the tournament is the_aTog on twitch.tv .

In case of problems contact me or one of my mods via Discord or Battleforge.

A list of tournament mods and organizers: DasToggy, Karlmann

Rules!

-No bugabuse, cheating or insulting the other players. Penalties may vary from a warning to default loss.

-Disconnection during a game results in a default loss. If both sides agree it is possible to have a remake. Should there be severe server problems matches will be posponed.

-Not showing up to your match with a complete team after 15 minutes results in a default loss. The plan is to play a round of matches every 30 mins.

-To make sure we can handle your situation correctly or determine who won, save the replay of your matches. This is performed by going to Documents/Battleforge/replays and altering the name of autosave.pmv (Do this before playing another game or the Autosave will be overwritten). Please use a descriptive title.

-After your match go to Challonge and insert the result. That is done by clicking on your match and selecting the winner/stats . The brackets will be updated automatically.

-The Map Pool is: Turan, Danduil, Nadai, Zahadune, Fyre. The first map you play is fix and determined by the round, after that it is losers choice (from the mappool). So the First round starting map is Tuan, second round starting map is Danduil, then Nadai, Zahadune...

So again in short:

-Decide to play and register for the Tournament in Challonge. First the team, then invite your ally.

-Download and extract the community observer maps.

-Be online before 4pm CET on 17.11.18 and contact your enemy team, invite all into a party and then host the first map (Turan) and play the match. Then the loser team picks a map of the pool above, play that. Repeat until one of the teams has 2 wins. If you are not able to contact your enemy and he is not contacting you, proceed as if you have won.

-If you win go to Challonge and confirm your win and update the bracket. It will show your next enemy. Save the replay of the match.

-Relog, contact your next enemy, invite them to a party and then host (Danduil). Repeat until you are in semi finals and do not start without me.

-Semi finals and finals will be all played on stream. Communication will be via Battleforge and Discord.

-Win the tournament and eternal glory. Also some BFP and cards.

Reply in this thread if you have questions, I will check it out later. This was a lot of text but as described under "So again in short" it is not a lot of work.

I would love to see this community grow again and the competitive scene develop as well. This is a second step.

Please recheck this thread before the tournament in case the map pool, rules or staff/mods will change.

Best regards,

DasToggy

Edited by Toggy

@Hirooo get in here

@Toggy Thanks for doing these tournaments! It's awesome. I don't like the map pool though. Yshia is just the worst PvP map that exists in this game. Playing Pure Fire + X there is a default win. 

Also I think Turan > Zahadune & Danduil > Nadai as starting maps, but that may just be my personal opinion. Just don't pick Yshia into the fixed mappool as the map is not fair at all. 

1 minute ago, RadicalX said:

I don't like the map pool though. 

Hey there champion.

Do not worry, the prize pool, rules and especially the mapool can still change. Are there observer versions of other 2on2 maps?

Greetings, DasToggy

1 hour ago, nofearek9 said:

when will the winners take the bfp ? on stress test or on the release :) ?

Directly after the tournament, so during the Stress Test.

1 hour ago, Hirooo said:

Considering how unstable lobbies are from time to time a disconnect at the start of the game (e.g. first 10 seconds) should not result in a loss. 

Oh do not worry, if we applied the rules that strictly, Navarr would have lost without playing since he had problems with the maps. of course only a disconnect in a running game (with enemy contact) counts as a loss.

46 minutes ago, WindHunter said:

Is building, activating, then destroying a Shrine of Greed considered bug abuse?

It will be allowed for this tournament. Should nobody be able to counter it or should everyone use it Shrine of Greed might be banned in future tournaments.

Greetings, DasToggy

Edited by Toggy

Um, what is the point of offering more than 1st place prize in a single elimination tournament?

Imagine xHighTech and RadicalX played game 1 together in the last tournament. Despite them clearly being the 2 best, one of them would not get any prize.

On 11/10/2018 at 6:27 PM, Eirias said:

Um, what is the point of offering more than 1st place prize in a single elimination tournament?

Imagine xHighTech and RadicalX played game 1 together in the last tournament. Despite them clearly being the 2 best, one of them would not get any prize.

We have more than one price to encourage more than the best one or two players to play in the tournament. Playing four to five matches without a reward coming in second would be frustrating.

If we only want to determine the most stable and best player we would not host an elimination tournament at all (single or double). We would need a league system or several Round Robin tournaments.

But I also want to have a nice evening full of matches and see all the players fight for the title and prize.

Btw should not enough Teams sign up to have a decent elimination Tournament we will switch to Round Robin (that means every team will fight every team).

Greetings DasToggy

Edited by Toggy
Hirooo likes this

7 hours ago, Toggy said:

We have more than one price to encourage more than the best one or two players to play in the tournament. Playing four to five matches without a reward coming in second would be frustrating.

If we only want to determine the most stable and best player we would not host an elimination tournament at all (single or double). We would need a league system or several Round Robin tournaments.

But I also want to have a nice evening full of matches and see all the players fight for the title and prize.

Btw should not enough Teams sign up to have a decent elimination Tournament we will switch to Round Robin (that means every team will fight every team).

Greetings DasToggy

Well if it's a round robin, count me in. Who wants to carry me? :)

Hello everyone,

There has been some problems with the 2on2 observer maps but thanks to Ano we have a full mappack of maps!

Be sure to download and extract them into the "documents/battleforge/map" folder.

Here is the Link .

Also there were some adjustments to the mappool and prizepool made.

And the type of the tournament could still change so please check out this thread again tomorrow!

Greeting,

DasToggy