The Guns of Lyr - 2 players farming

PrimalVice

Hi,

I'd like to share a strategy to farm coins by playing The Guns of Lyr on expert difficulty with a friend which is more fun and more profitable than playing rPvE plus you get some experience for your profile to look cool and get High Lord rank (10) to be able to upgrade ultra rare cards to tier 3 with gold. Since we don't have 2 more friends playing BattleForge as much as we do, we felt it would be easier to find a scenario we can play with only 2 players rather than looking for 2 more everytime to play Bad Harvest, explaining what to take in the deck and what to do in-game to finish quickly, furthermore there's no time wasted in-between games when lobbies crash or it doesnt load up the game. Few people in-game have requested some help with the map so I decided to make a post on the forum. We managed to beat the map in 16:25 with quite expensive decks but the way of playing leaves some room for mistakes and doesn't require all the charges we used. The map itself grants many ultra rare upgrades so after few finishes when you get most of them in case you get them again you'll get gold instead, which results in getting 9000-14000 per player for finishing the map. I've included the replay and the rewards in the post.

To watch the replay put the file in Documents\BattleForge\replays, go to your in-game profile and replays tab.

If someone can tweak our version of this to do it more efficiently or quicker let me know. Also if requested we could try to finish the map without charges or some of the more expensive cards.

exp gold.png

GoL 16 25.pmv

deck 1.png

deck 2.png

As far as charges go just grab a 2nd phoenix charge since you want to use 4 of them at once and leave some room for mistakes. We've done it with no charges whatsoever in about 18 minutes, the only change was we had to place churches more strategically (try placing one behind your orb since there are no ranged or flying units coming) or at least make it your priority. 

Most upgrades are purely quality of life, you should prioritize Shadow Phoenix, Embalmer's Shrine, Church of Negation (at least T2) and Kobold Engineer.

We can post a replay of a de-charged deck version tomorrow.

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 2:25 PM, PrimalVice said:

This is, by my calculations, the best way of farming gold with stunning average 36.5k gold per hour compared to solo Dwarven Riddle 13.3k and 21.8k the Soultree.

How do you make 21.8k /h on Soultree? The timespann is kinda fixed, because Viridya is very scripted and with Amii Monument you win as soon as the goal is set. So.. idk maybe 15minutes a game. You get two upgrades. According to the official loot list here in the forum you would get an average of 4200 gold per game (plus two chests). That would be roughly 17k!? Do I have the wrong loot list?

I do The Dwarven Riddle with a friend, same between 9k-13k Gold/run and 6k5 exp, but with an average time of 11:00.

I think it's faster than making Gun of Lyr, and it's far more easy to finish even with mistake.

When i solo Dwarven, average time is 16:00 -> 13k exp but ~6k gold/run...

3 hours ago, Irysunna said:

I do The Dwarven Riddle with a friend, same between 9k-13k Gold/run and 6k5 exp, but with an average time of 11:00.

I think it's faster than making Gun of Lyr, and it's far more easy to finish even with mistake.

When i solo Dwarven, average time is 16:00 -> 13k exp but ~6k gold/run...

How you do solo Dwarven in 16-00?:thinking:

By all means if you manage to do it faster it might be more profitable, you get on average 2k gold per upgrade doing the Dwarven Riddle compared to 2590 when completing the Guns of Lyr. Calculate those numbers with the average time you get to find your gold/h ratio.

On 10/30/2018 at 5:06 PM, PrimalVice said:

If someone can tweak our version of this to do it more efficiently or quicker let me know. 

@Ladadoos and me  did Guns of Lyr duo Expert in 13:28, note that we had full upgrades and charges when we played this though.

Guns of Lyr duo 1328.pmv

Loriens, PrimalVice, Eudoxos and 1 other like this