in regards with rpve

Hey guys so i justl have a few questions with rpve and all that, 

I am wondering if there is any deck that can help me finish the game faster? Right now I can only do lvl 8 and when I finish it I only have 2-3 minutes to spare which is pretty close I think. Is that nomal or is there another way that I can finish faster. If you have any deck that helps clear the game faster please show them below. 

I use nature/frost decks

T1: windweavers, shamans, spearmen, surge of light, 

T2: Frostmage, coldsnap, curse of oink, aggressor (blue), breeding grounds (though i only use this when I get to T3)

T3: Mo, equilibrium(blue), stone shell (purple, which i also use on T4), amii monument that takes me to T4. 

T4: Regrowth, Grinder(have both colors idk which to use since i dont use abilitie, Grimvine, Giant Wyrm, Gemeye, 

when i get the 4th orb i chose shadow for unholy power and unholy hero to put on one of my grinder. 

What im having trouble with on this deck is getting from t2-t3 because the orbs are situated clpse together so as soon as i get t2 orb i get attacked right away. 

I am also having trouble in T4 because for some reason my units die quickly especialy my giant wyrm since they get to enemies first because they fly faster no matter how much i try to group them up. Regrowth is my only heal, which can be challengin with the cooldown. 

If you have any tips on how i ca improve please let me know

Hey there,

I am an inexperienced player myself so I am not sure how much my knowledge is reliable, but here goes:

T1 - I would get rid off Spearmen. Windweavers, Shaman and Surge of Light is pretty much all you need to get to T2 and T3. I would also add Dryad (blue) for 25% dmg reduction.

T2 - you seem to be on the right track, but I question Frost Mage as it is T1 card.

T3 - I would get rid of Equilibrium (Surge of Light and Regrowth is all you need for healing spells), I would not use Amii Monument (I think it is just too expensive in terms of void power). What I would definitely add is Shrine of Memory - you need void manipulation and specially in T4 if your units die - Shrine of Memory will be a huge help to get back your resources that much faster. Also get two of them just to keep the effect active at all times. What I also like to use is Construction Hut - speeds up building construction time and reduces the cost.

For units - get Swamp Drake. While it is not very durable, it can dish out a good deal of damage and also put targets to sleep. For ground units I like to use Deepcoil Worm, it is quiet expensive though.

T4 - get rid of Giant Wyrm (Gemeye does the same job, but better), also get both types of Gemeye - I think that is very powerful. What I like to use is Grinders in front as they are very tanky and heal themselves, while Gemeyes at the back dishing out damage from nice safe distance. I don't think you need Grimvine as Grinders are better in my opinion. You need to max out the amount of Regrowth spells you have, at upgrade 3 with max number I can cast it 12 times.

Crowd control cards are vital, specially near the end of the match, The Incredible Mo (statue) is nice too if you have space in your deck, it can reduce damage done by enemies by 20%. I do not recommend using any towers in rpve.

Stonekin is one of the slowest rPvE deck in the game due to a lack of damage options. you shouldn't have any issues completing 1 player maps though.
image.thumb.png.26bde10208cc6132c3f5ae1016157f40.png

I use that in 4 player level 9's, With a few tweaks solo lvl 10's should be no issue at all:
Replace Stone Warrior with Amii Monument and Frost Shard with Aggressor. If you lack charges you can replace Thunderstorm or Equilibrium with a 2nd Gemeye or Grinder.
Ice Tornado is purely for killing the spawn building. Home Soil and Ice Barrier is good even in later stages as you can place it close to your Gemeyes for a damage increase.
Try to get 3 Grinders relatively early on to get the healing going. Frostbite to increase damage against bosses or key units in a base.
Revenge can be swapped with Stone Shell if you really want but Stonekin generally has enough healing and lacks the damage so every bit counts. That's why i prefer Revenge over Stone Shell.
T1 can be swapped with nature but Home Soil adds on nicely in later stages of the game and with frost t1 you don't lose any extra slots for it.

Edit: Basically any deck but maybe pure nature and pure frost is faster than stonekin but it is very noob friendly. i would advise you stay with this deck for a while as you currently seem unable to even micro manage a few Giant wyrms. - No offense.

Edited by Treim

For nature as T1 starter I recommend Ensnaring Roots so your windweavers can easily deal with any melee unit (root, hit and run).

Btw. dont forget to focus the attack with windweavers.

If you choose ensnaring roots you wont need spearmen anymore.

Maybe put primal defender in, it is situational but sometimes it can help at T1, T2 or when soloing.

Shamans and Dryads are optional and shamans make you even slower but keep you alive.

I would take only Surge of Light OR Shamans, not both.

Ditch Frostmage for T2, there are better options or just keep your windweavers and build masses. But good other choices are: Defenders, Razorshards, Stone Tempest or Aggressor.

Also you dont necessarily need Coldsnap and Curse of Oink, if you have to do to much CC you are doing something (to less units, to bad micro) wrong and CC will slow you down in this case (especially freezes). But keep it if you have enough spare slots.

If you plan to go directly to T4 with Amii Monument you dont need Mo! If you are soloing Amii Monument is ok but in multiplayer you could have bad luck so that somebody else already built it or the other person have a problem because you already built it (which slows down the whole team). If you exchange it with a real T3, I recommend to use Stone Warrior Blue (then keep Coldsnap, otherwise take Curse of Oink).

As Damagespell there is for example Thunderstorm, which can do some decent damage fully upgraded and if there are enough units and time.

Also I would put in Revenge, this way you make also a little bit damage but the spell has a cap while Stone Shell hasnt. Put in both if you plan to fight Lost Souls and have problems keeping your units alive.

Further I recommend Wheel of Gifts, it fits perfectly into your deck. The primary buff here is the 20% damage buff which is nice because stonekins dont have that many ways to improve damage, also the healing buff is nice for your Gemeyes because they sometimes take a little bit damage and you wouldnt have to heal them anymore that way.

Btw. Adamant Skin, Stone Shell, Revenge and Wheel of Gifts stack all in damage reduction, the forumal should be:

damage taken = 0,85 * 0,55 * 0,7 * 0,8 = 26 % (all effects, at max if I remember all factors right), this way your units will be almost invincible and you usually even dont have to heal them anymore.

At T4 Grinder (only one affinity) and Gemeye (purple) are all units you need, put Grinders in one group and the Gemeyes in the other group. Let the Grinders (at least 3, later 4 or 5 if you run out of Gemeye charges and have spare energy or are fighting the last lost souls bases) move into the base and keep attacking with Gemeyes from distance, but let them come a litte bit closer so that they dont attack the first unit but shoot directly into the center of the base (or even the spawn building / stun building). To take full advantage of Gemeye you have to attack as many units as possible with its area damage over time.

For taking T3 after you have T2 only one thing helps: a big army (so stay calm and wait a little bit more) and CC/heal at the right moment. At the end you will be quicker even if you need more time to get T3.

I dont recommend Shrine of Memory as someone else recommend it to you. You need void manipulation only if you play many spells or loosing much units but for stonekins you only need very few uses of spells and you can easily keep the units alive (in most cases you even dont need to heal). If your army dies you will be done no matter you have void manipulation or not (because charges are a bigger problem here). So you wont have much void if you play Stonekin right and the Shrine would be a waste of energy and a deck slot. I play also other types of decks and some of them are built to use massively damage spells so that void can sometimes be several 100 or even over 1000 in a few seconds. In this case Shrine of Memory would be also of no use because it cant bypass the void recovery maximum of 20 per second (like warshrine for example can).

To simplify everything:

Try not to waste energy on spells (especially freezing spells because they slow you down), try to build as many units as possible and try to keep every of them alive (by using as less spells as possible), micro them right and you have a powerful but boring deck, that can (at T4) also be very quick (comparable to Bloodhorns, Cluster Explosion, Lost Soul Ships and Batariel) and works even against lost souls.

ImaginaryNumb3r likes this

6 hours ago, Kilian Dermoth said:

For nature as T1 starter I recommend Ensnaring Roots so your windweavers can easily deal with any melee unit (root, hit and run).

Btw. dont forget to focus the attack with windweavers.

If you choose ensnaring roots you wont need spearmen anymore.

Maybe put primal defender in, it is situational but sometimes it can help at T1, T2 or when soloing.

Shamans and Dryads are optional and shamans make you even slower but keep you alive.

I would take only Surge of Light OR Shamans, not both.

Ditch Frostmage for T2, there are better options or just keep your windweavers and build masses. But good other choices are: Defenders, Razorshards, Stone Tempest or Aggressor.

Also you dont necessarily need Coldsnap and Curse of Oink, if you have to do to much CC you are doing something (to less units, to bad micro) wrong and CC will slow you down in this case (especially freezes). But keep it if you have enough spare slots.

If you plan to go directly to T4 with Amii Monument you dont need Mo! If you are soloing Amii Monument is ok but in multiplayer you could have bad luck so that somebody else already built it or the other person have a problem because you already built it (which slows down the whole team). If you exchange it with a real T3, I recommend to use Stone Warrior Blue (then keep Coldsnap, otherwise take Curse of Oink).

As Damagespell there is for example Thunderstorm, which can do some decent damage fully upgraded and if there are enough units and time.

Also I would put in Revenge, this way you make also a little bit damage but the spell has a cap while Stone Shell hasnt. Put in both if you plan to fight Lost Souls and have problems keeping your units alive.

Further I recommend Wheel of Gifts, it fits perfectly into your deck. The primary buff here is the 20% damage buff which is nice because stonekins dont have that many ways to improve damage, also the healing buff is nice for your Gemeyes because they sometimes take a little bit damage and you wouldnt have to heal them anymore that way.

Btw. Adamant Skin, Stone Shell, Revenge and Wheel of Gifts stack all in damage reduction, the forumal should be:

damage taken = 0,85 * 0,55 * 0,7 * 0,8 = 26 % (all effects, at max if I remember all factors right), this way your units will be almost invincible and you usually even dont have to heal them anymore.

At T4 Grinder (only one affinity) and Gemeye (purple) are all units you need, put Grinders in one group and the Gemeyes in the other group. Let the Grinders (at least 3, later 4 or 5 if you run out of Gemeye charges and have spare energy or are fighting the last lost souls bases) move into the base and keep attacking with Gemeyes from distance, but let them come a litte bit closer so that they dont attack the first unit but shoot directly into the center of the base (or even the spawn building / stun building). To take full advantage of Gemeye you have to attack as many units as possible with its area damage over time.

For taking T3 after you have T2 only one thing helps: a big army (so stay calm and wait a little bit more) and CC/heal at the right moment. At the end you will be quicker even if you need more time to get T3.

I dont recommend Shrine of Memory as someone else recommend it to you. You need void manipulation only if you play many spells or loosing much units but for stonekins you only need very few uses of spells and you can easily keep the units alive (in most cases you even dont need to heal). If your army dies you will be done no matter you have void manipulation or not (because charges are a bigger problem here). So you wont have much void if you play Stonekin right and the Shrine would be a waste of energy and a deck slot. I play also other types of decks and some of them are built to use massively damage spells so that void can sometimes be several 100 or even over 1000 in a few seconds. In this case Shrine of Memory would be also of no use because it cant bypass the void recovery maximum of 20 per second (like warshrine for example can).

To simplify everything:

Try not to waste energy on spells (especially freezing spells because they slow you down), try to build as many units as possible and try to keep every of them alive (by using as less spells as possible), micro them right and you have a powerful but boring deck, that can (at T4) also be very quick (comparable to Bloodhorns, Cluster Explosion, Lost Soul Ships and Batariel) and works even against lost souls.

THANK YOU SO MUCH, I ran rpve 9 and took your advice with only grinders and gemeye (i used 2 different kinds of grinders so i can summon more at once, and i combined 2 gemeyes) and it shortened my time. I also only used windweavers and shamans, making sure to have a 1-3 ration. When transitioning from T2-T3 I waited till my army (mostly windweavers) was big and i got it right away. I had about 8 minutes to spare~would have been more if I didnt miss-click on a nature orb when it was supposed to be ice (wasting 250 points) and if I didnt miss an area and all my units had to go back). 

Now my question is how much faster can I go?? is this near the best with stonekin or can i get better? Also do you know the fastest deck type for solo rpve??

Edited by Deathlyreaper