The Stress Test Open on 03.11.18

Toggy

Hello fellow Skylords!

We all honed our skills, polished our decks and fought bravely for Lyr. It is time to celebrate with the first tournament! Who will win the Stress Test Open?

Format?

It will be a 1vs1 Single Elimination tournament. Semi finals and finals will be played as a best of 3 and on stream. (Do not start the semis without me)

Prize Pool! (increasing...)

1st place  - 1250 BFP + Promo Construct

2nd place - 1000 BFP + Promo Ravenheart

3rd place - 800 BFP

4th place - 700 BFP

When?

On 03.11.18 starting on 4pm CET, the stream will start one hour in advance.

Where?

In the Sparring grounds, get the community observer maps to enable observers/streaming.

LINK

Extract the folder to Documents/Battleforge/

Please test if the maps are accessible for you before the tournament. Use the bracket list in Challonge to contact other participants if you need help (or contact me).

Organisation?

The tournament brackets will be on Challonge, so register and join the tournament there. Please use your in game account name to make communication and finding your enemy easier.
LINK to Challonge

The streaming channel that will be covering the tournament is the_aTog on twitch.tv.

In case of problems contact me or one of my mods via Discord or Battleforge.

A list of tournament mods and organizers:

Battleforge names: DasToggy, Karlmann

Rules!

-No bugabuse, cheating or insulting the other players. Penalties may vary from a warning to default loss.

-Disconnection during a game results in a default loss. If both players agree it is possible to have a remake. Should there be severe server problems matches will be posponed.

-Not showing up to your match after 15 minutes results in a default loss. The plan is to play a round of matches every 30 mins.

-To make sure we can handle your situation correctly or determine who won, save the replay of your matches. This is performed by going to Documents/Battleforge/replays and altering the name of autosave.pmv (Do this before playing another game or the Autosave will be overwritten). Please use a descriptive title.

-After your match go to Challonge and insert the result. That is done by clicking on your match and selecting the winner/stats . The brackets will be updated automatically.

-The map you play is fix and determined by the round. First game for everyone is Haladur, second map is Simai, third is Elyon, then it begins again with Haladur... Semi finals and finals will start with a fix map and then the loser gets to chose a map. All maps must be observer maps as linked above.

So again in short:

-Decide to play and register for the Tournament in Challonge. (If you registered and can not make it to the tournament, please tell me BEFORE the tournament starts)

-Download and extract the community observer maps.

-Be online before 4pm CET on 03.11.18 and contact your enemy, invite him in to a party and then host Haladur (observer map) and play the match. If you are not able to contact your enemy and he is not contacting you, proceed as if you have won.

-If you win go to Challonge and confirm your win and update the bracket. It will show your next enemy. Save the replay of the match.

-Relog, contact your next enemy, invite him to a party and then host Simai (after that its Elyon). Repeat until you are in semi finals and do not start without me.

-Semi finals and finals will be all played on stream. Communication will be via Battleforge and Discord.

-Win the tournament and eternal glory.

Reply in this thread if you have questions, I will check it out later. This was a lot of text but as described under "So again in short" it is not a lot of work.

I would love to see this community grow again and the competitive scene develop as well. This is a first step.

Please recheck this thread before the tournament in case the map pool, rules or staff/mods will change.

Best regards,

DasToggy

Rubinovitsch and anonyme0273 like this

1 hour ago, Toggy said:

Rules!

-No bugabuse

This one always makes me wonder: If someone gets caught using green netherwarp on the spot to heal his mages, should he be disqualified? On one hand it's clearly a bug on the other hand 9/10 pure shadow players abuse the heck out of it...

13 minutes ago, SunWu II. said:

This one always makes me wonder: If someone gets caught using green netherwarp on the spot to heal his mages, should he be disqualified? On one hand it's clearly a bug on the other hand 9/10 pure shadow players abuse the heck out of it...

why this should be a bug? u can move ur mages anywhere u want to :D if its on the spot thats fine by me

10 minutes ago, Onkelknut said:

why this should be a bug? u can move ur mages anywhere u want to :D if its on the spot thats fine by me

the card heals units once per second for a set duration but when the warp is used on the sport the buff refreshes twice every second basicly doubling the heal value but i cannot see any "bug" abuse there its jsut the way the card works 

i guess all this wired interactions (eg jugger double stampede) are not considered bugs by this point

Edited by Anonymos

1 hour ago, Anonymos said:

the card heals units once per second for a set duration but when the warp is used on the sport the buff refreshes twice every second basicly doubling the heal value but i cannot see any "bug" abuse there its jsut the way the card works 

i guess all this wired interactions (eg jugger double stampede) are not considered bugs by this point

thanks =) remember that and I think its good because u its not a bug but a good usage id say

1 hour ago, Anonymos said:

If it's only twice the dmg then its working as intended. i thought it was dmg x 4 or even worse, i don't use it myself i just wanted to know if i can scream ,,foulplay'' when i see it used against some poor pure nature dude :D

3 hours ago, RadicalX said:

Prepare yourself, Phasetowers are coming!

Btw: After a disconnect a rematch should also be possible if both players agree to it. Sometimes you dc after having a clear lead, where even the opponent realised, that he was losing. 

Completely agree, I would love to see some good sportsmanship :-) .

I will change that later.

1 hour ago, Kajamaz said:

I don't believe haha, its like you're talking about core values or religion.

Haha, for the last year I've been trying to make a video explaining why single elimination is poison. Maybe this will be the motivation to finally finish :)

14 hours ago, Eirias said:

Haha, for the last year I've been trying to make a video explaining why single elimination is poison. Maybe this will be the motivation to finally finish :)

Hey Eirias,

Everyone with basic tournament experience knows the pros and cons of single elimination vs double elimination.

I decided to host a single elimination tournament first, because...

... the rounds will be played out much faster. Double elimination with more than 16 people take more than one evening (if I want to stream a lot of matches).

... we do not need a ruleset for map drafting.

... this is the first tournament since its revival. I had no clue about how many people will participate, if the scene has any tournament experience or if the servers will crash nonstop.

Single elimination makes everything just much more easy and less problematic, especially with errors disconnects and server restarts.

From an eSport perspective a double elimination, round robin or group staged tournament would have been better, yeah. If everything goes smooth the next tournament could be in another format. I would be happy to see you participate then.

Best regards,

DasToggy

Edited by Toggy

8 hours ago, Toggy said:

Single elimination makes everything just much more easy and less problematic, especially with errors disconnects and server restarts.

So that way anyone with an unstable internet is immediately eliminated?

I'd rather see a Swiss that takes place over a month, with players having a few days to organize the games themselves, and then retroactive casting of interesting games.