Which monster or building prevents spells and ranged units from attacking in pve9

zumdum

Which monster or building prevents spells from being cast or ranged attack in rpve9? It’s really annoying and i want to attack it first but too much goes on at once for me to figure out which monster or card does this.

Also can any1 show me a good deck for speed run of rpve9 in 4 player mode. 

There's the lost souls dragon who has an aura wich prevents spells/ranged attacks and also a lost souls building wich does the same. Twilight has the twilight dragon wich prevents spells and ranged attacks in the area its attack hits. If you want to deal with those easily melee units help a lot against those oponents.

Fastest T1 in 4player lvl 9 rPVE is in my experience fire (nomad + mine), frost with all the S counters and homesoil can also be quick. Shadow doesn't do too bad either (motivated forsaken; why is everybody using nox? They take forever to kill of squads...) while nature is the slowest. In terms of speed shadow has the advantage of being able to play ressource booster in T2 wich speeds up everything after that alot.

In general the fastest decks are lost spirit ship spam, the buffed batariel deck or any deck that combines void manipulation (shrine of war or cultist masters + furnace of flesh or even shrine of memory) with spells that deal with enemy bases quickly: earthshaker, chain explosion (preferably red aff.), fire sphere, inferno, frenetic assault, thunderstorm etc. Bloodhorn is a good unit wich is splashable in a lot of decks and rips through enemy bases the fastest with its ability, melee XL counters like bloodhorn are also good if you don't want to fail against some bosses. There are bosses like the annoying twilight Jugger wich only take damage from melee attacks so a lost spirit ship deck has nearly no chance and needs the help of the teammates.

Edit: There's also a little twilight raptor with spellsuppression

Edited by SunWu II.

Maybe we should make some sort of wiki for all those enemy buildings, with pictures and what their function is. On the other side, when playing the campaign you'll learn slowly what each building will do to you.

I have to agree that T1 fire (green Nomad + Mine) is possible the fastest opening, but as far as I can observe from teammates, it fails misserable when you underestimate the first camp or the second camp is to close or you have a lost souls map.

For T4 I would add (the not often seen) Fire Drake (or is it Dragon?), imo that unit kills single xl targets very fast. It is basically the couterpart of lost spirit ships, those cannot focus fire on a single target. :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2018 at 9:33 AM, Sarsch said:

I have to agree that T1 fire (green Nomad + Mine) is possible the fastest opening, but as far as I can observe from teammates, it fails misserable when you underestimate the first camp or the second camp is to close or you have a lost souls map.

For T4 I would add (the not often seen) Fire Drake (or is it Dragon?), imo that unit kills single xl targets very fast. It is basically the couterpart of lost spirit ships, those cannot focus fire on a single target. :)

I don't know who you are playing with but they can not be very good fire t1 players.
Lost Souls fire has by far the easiest time because you can cast 3 mines before they expire. With a minimal amount of experience it gets very easy to place them in a way to kill Lost Dancers as well as the front line. Fire does great if the 2nd camp is close because you can at the very least destroy the spawn and a majority of a camp with just 3 nomads + Mines + Eruptions. With a half decent player fire offers the best spell support in t1 if played correctly. If push comes to shove you can always easily solo clear t3 with the cards mentioned above. On top of that Fire easily allows you to trap incomes and alleviate a ton of pressure that way as well as negate the close base factor in about 80% of the games you have one because generally speaking the incomes pulls the base. You can circumvent that with Nomads.

Fire Dragon is a good unit but it has issues regarding orb requirements. Fire Nature you are better off just doing Abominations with spell support instead of Fire Dragon and supposedly Grimvine. While Fire Frost leaves you with Constructs (i guess). Fire Shadow you got bloodhorn but you sacrifice Frenetic Assault, Resource Booster and Infect to get a card that is worse than Bloodhorn at boss killing anyhow.
Imo only really worth playing if you play Pure Fire. At least from a purely efficiency point of view.

• 9 months later...
On 10/25/2018 at 9:33 AM, Sarsch said:

Maybe we should make some sort of wiki for all those enemy buildings, with pictures and what their function is. On the other side, when playing the campaign you'll learn slowly what each building will do to you.

There is a wiki already, feel free to add those desired articles after proper research and testing. I will be happy to help with formatting.