3, maybe 2 - unsynchonous group management

Sarsch

• NAME: unsynchonous group Management
  • SEVERITY: 3
  • LOCATION: after a pve match, not really bound to "a location"
  • REPRODUCIBILITY: not tried to reproduce
  • DESCRIPTION: Played a two player PvE, one of us lost his last ob and got back to mission summary. There, where is says you've lost, usually get your upgrades and gold bonusses. The important part is the group display on the right side (middle of the screen). The payer which left early was either in no group anymore or activly left group (do not remember). As the remaining player won the mission and came back to the summary screen (and got his upgrades), the group display shows him in a group with the first player. The second player hat do disban the group manually. This is not a huge bug, but I'd say this leads to de-syncs from clients to server and causes later errors when trying to join other matches as a result. (In this case the second player had to restart to join other matches, dunno if that is related to this bug.)
  • SCREENSHOT/VIDEO: -
  • ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: I think, when someone leaves a match/game early the rest of the clients will need notification, so that they can correct the group display. Also, it seems that when a player leaves a group the other clients are not informed when still in a match.

• 3 weeks later...

the player not being removed from group was workaround for EA's code that know at least 2 types of groups but data structures are exactly the same, I would say server handle this part as we intended, but still not 100% in line with what we would want :(

• 3 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use