The Battleforge Dictionary

[quote='Navarr' pid='9852' dateline='1437956889']
[quote]
Imho = In my honest opinion
Imo = In my opinion
[/quote]

should not be written with a capital i imho
[/quote]

Does that really matter :/? I always ( very often ) see people writing IMO and IMHO, with capital letters.

[quote='WotdeFack' pid='9914' dateline='1438002836']
gz the german version of gj :D

good list :) gz XD
[/quote]
german :gz= Gratz= Gratulation --> english: congratulations
gj= good job --> Gute Arbeit/ gut gemacht
so theres a pretty huge difference...

[quote='ladadoos' pid='9853' dateline='1437957028']
[quote='Navarr' pid='9852' dateline='1437956889']
[quote]
Imho = In my honest opinion
Imo = In my opinion
[/quote]

should not be written with a capital i imho
[/quote]

Does that really matter :/? I always ( very often ) see people writing IMO and IMHO, with capital letters.
[/quote]

It might be confusing...

Since it's got the translation right next to it, it shouldn't matter, but L/l and I/i can get mixed up sometimes.

[quote='Treim' pid='9970' dateline='1438007900']
[quote='WotdeFack' pid='9914' dateline='1438002836']
gz the german version of gj :D

good list :) gz XD
[/quote]
german :gz= Gratz= Gratulation --> english: congratulations
gj= good job --> Gute Arbeit/ gut gemacht
so theres a pretty huge difference...
[/quote]

did not know that , add that to the list tho, its pretty important since half the community is german.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I think we need a definition for the Void. I give a try but feel free to say it more clearly.

Void : "Mana pool gathered by when a player's unit dies / building is destroyed / or a spell is played.
90% of the mana cost goes into the Void. Then the player receive it back slowly through time.
Note : Mana Wells (mana factories) or Monuments (orb construction) destroyed do not stack in the Void. In other words, only played cards generate Void.

Hi,

I think we need a definition for the Void. I give a try but feel free to say it more clearly.

Void : "Mana pool gathered by when a player's unit dies / building is destroyed / or a spell is played.
90% of the mana cost goes into the Void. Then the player receive it back slowly through time.
Note : Mana Wells (mana factories) or Monuments (orb construction) destroyed do not stack in the Void. In other words, only played cards generate Void.

Your definition is still inaccurate. 100% of building repairs (through repair button) is returned. I think it's better to just define the pool and let other sources explain the specifics. See below.

Void: Temporarily unusable power. A fraction of power used goes to this pool (usually 90%, see elsewhere for details) where it returns to your usable pool over time.

I feel like this dictionary would also work better if it had BF specific terms and general term in 2 separate sections.

Also DA=Darkelf Assassins

+ you also get 100% returned when using toggled abilities

Exactly. And there are buildings that can modify it, and things get more complicated when you throw in breeding grounds, so I think it's just best to explain what void IS and let the interested reader look at a real guide for specifics.

how do you mean/why ? Give a description of why you think its broken, maybe i can help.

Everything is text format in this thread, Eirias' post on it looks like it should, with bubbles and stuff. I guess it's because some changes were made to the forums since this thread's quite old :D

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not too keen on game specific jargon, as you're assuming others are aware of the abbreviations like you are - which is rarely the case.

You could add some more generic ones like 'gtg' but then again, you're relying on players reading through the first post (which they won't do :rogan:). 

• 2 weeks later...

LoL..So nice but i think that u forgot ''GJ'' - Good Job :P

He did not forget to add that.  Press Ctrl+F while you're looking at the list and type "GJ" in the window that appears, and you'll see that it's included in the list.