Undead Army

DarcReaver

10 hours ago, DarcReaver said:

Well even if it's intended to be used anywhere on the map, I doubt that the "corpse recycling" is intended (re-use the corpses of the 'dead' skeletons over and over again). Like stated before the effect itself is fine, but the way it is is just annoying, lame, unfun. I can't imagine the card is meant to be used on the same area with the same corpses dying and raising again and again.

I would be on the same train with you if it was really, really strong. But in pvp there are so many better options of going offensive and in pve it's at best convenient. Maybe the mechanic is stupid, i don't think so, it's rather subjective.

3 hours ago, SunWu II. said:

I would be on the same train with you if it was really, really strong. But in pvp there are so many better options of going offensive and in pve it's at best convenient. Maybe the mechanic is stupid, i don't think so, it's rather subjective.

It's only so "weak" because you don't know which color you fight against. The only real counter against that card is cc. So the only way shadow or fire can do is to attack and prevent the enemy from spending their energy for that card. It is a viable counter to take their wells and orb when the enemy just spends energy for the army but it's still hard to get a real advantage with that. Besides it's way harder for the fire / shadow player than just casting one spell over and over. It may be balanced in high ranked when you know how to deal with it but for mid or low ranked it often gives the less skilled player a questionable advantage.

I played a lot pure shadow in 2v2. I cant remember defeating someone with that spell.

For a shadow player it's too expensive. The counter for pure fire is simple. They attack. All Other have a spell.

If that spell is so overpowered, why do the most experts tell that in a pure fire vs pure shadow match the fire player most likley wins ?

Pure Shadow has a hard time defending in an even match-up versus Pure Fire. If you are wasting 100 power repeatedly on skeleton army you are going to lose multiple Wells by the time you take anything meaningful. Skeleton army could be useful right after a major shadow attack where you almost take a well, with skeleton army as the finisher, but in practice it doesn't work like that.

Pure Shadow can't sustain long-distance attacks in early T2 against fire. In a close well situation skeleton army is worthless. I doubt in early T2 you could deliver enough corpses to a far-off base and do enough damage that you would be able to take the base without a minimum of 2, if not 3 skeleton armies. This would take a minimum of 60 seconds and put the shadow player at -200 power. The fire player should have no problem counterattacking and taking more than he loses. In late T2 skeleton army isn't worth it because you should be spamming harvesters before the fire player can get to T3 for juggernaut.