PC freezes after closing the game or going to desktop

mdotwdot

Hello.

Got a very annoying problem with the game, which is, when I close the game or when I click widows button and enter desktop the game freezes and I can do anything but shut the PC by holding the power button for several seconds. Someone got a solution for this. I play on full screen, if it might be helpful

Hey. Just for testing cases, try playing in windowed mode and see if it's any better. As for the freezes, I really don't think that our launcher is causing this directly, however it might be problematic depending on how much RAM and free space you have. Mind posting your computer specs? Also, while you're in windowed mode, open Task Manager and screenshot processes list where the launcher/updater process is seen.

1 hour ago, mdotwdot said:

I don't think it is about RAM because I got 16 GB. Neither the free space, the client is only thing on my 254 GB SSD. However today I'm gonna move it to HDD and see how it goes

Also try running it in window mode. :)

Running it windowed kinda helped, it closes correctly, but now there's problem with moving the display. I mean it hardly moves when I head the cursor to the border of window. Also i can make a full screen from windowed (alt+enter) but not the other way around cuz it freezes. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use