1 - Constant connection loss in singleplayer missions

ImaginaryNumb3r

NAME: Constant connection loss in singleplayer missions
SEVERITY: 1
REPRODUCIBILITY: Highly Frequently
DESCRIPTION: Currently, my storyline progression is stuck at "Treasure Fleet". I cannot complete the mission because at some point I always lost connection to the server. Either, I am sent back to the forge or the game freezes (some animations are still working, but all unit movement stops and the game doesnt accept any inputs anymore).

I've had this problem several times already. Usually I required about 3 tries to complete a singleplayer mission. However, I've tried "Treasure Fleet" for about 5 times already and could not finish it due to these issues. I also have temporary disconnects in 4 or 2 player missions, but most the time my game recovers from them. Sometimes a one-player map also recovers from a temporary hiccup, but usually I get one of the errors mentioned above.

SCREENSHOT: No screenshot, since the problem either manifests as a "freeze" or "Client lost connection" overlay.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: I also have temporary disconnects in 4 or 2 player missions, but most the time my game recovers from them. Sometimes a one-player map also recovers from a temporary hiccup, but usually I get one of the errors mentioned above.

Edited by ImaginaryNumb3r
didnt see the template

Unfortunately, this problem isn't map or player specific, it's just happening more frequently in some parts. Base problem is the same, some just experience it more, some experience it less. The general stability and less disconnects should be possible over time when we improve the networking even more. For now, unfortunately, you'll have to bear the frustration and enjoy the game as much as it allows you to do so. :)

1 hour ago, dasMaus said:

What skills does one need to know in order to improve the networking in this game? something specific? Would be grateful if an answer is presented :)

I am interested in computers, though there is just so many things to learn!

C++, OpenSSL, TCP, MySQL

You'd need those for this project, specifically.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2018 at 5:27 AM, ImaginaryNumb3r said:

NAME: Constant connection loss in singleplayer missions
SEVERITY: 1
REPRODUCIBILITY: Highly Frequently
DESCRIPTION: Currently, my storyline progression is stuck at "Treasure Fleet". I cannot complete the mission because at some point I always lost connection to the server. Either, I am sent back to the forge or the game freezes (some animations are still working, but all unit movement stops and the game doesnt accept any inputs anymore).

I've had this problem several times already. Usually I required about 3 tries to complete a singleplayer mission. However, I've tried "Treasure Fleet" for about 5 times already and could not finish it due to these issues. I also have temporary disconnects in 4 or 2 player missions, but most the time my game recovers from them. Sometimes a one-player map also recovers from a temporary hiccup, but usually I get one of the errors mentioned above.

SCREENSHOT: No screenshot, since the problem either manifests as a "freeze" or "Client lost connection" overlay.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: I also have temporary disconnects in 4 or 2 player missions, but most the time my game recovers from them. Sometimes a one-player map also recovers from a temporary hiccup, but usually I get one of the errors mentioned above.

I've been having this problem too, but for me there's no specific time after which the time freezes, it just freezes whenever it wants in any game mode, totally frustating and discouraging, if there's any problem needed to be solved is this one since it just won't let you play the game and I really want to play it, so please work on this one guys. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use